Wolf trapping season...

Yeah especially since where there is wildlife (Deer, Rabbits, Coyote, Wolves) there are Bears. Inviting that into one's home may not be the best strategy for a long life.
They are on the back forty and no one bothers them. We know because of game cameras set up. There is also Bald Eagles and Red Tail Hawks yet no one bothers them.

How do you have a back forty when you only have 43 acres?
Somewhere is the back forty...I can only live on so much land...I am a little overweight.

Thats why God invented the the Polaris General.......
polaris-general-3-lift-kit-02.jpg

You can cover forty acres lickity split!!
Not in my woods..

I dunno, If owned one, I'd not abuse my land. I guess it depends on the terrain...for instance....That would be useless in a heavily treed parcel and/or steeply graded parcel.

Predators as well as prey need to be controlled whether they are feral or native.
You cant have too many predators or prey since one will kill off the prey and the other will starve to death if they become to numerous.

If you live in a rural area on acreage, you set out a perimeter. The area you wish to personally occupy. The rest is excess and it's development depends on the amount of $$$$ folks have and the marketability of large, well manicured parcels of land. Most wild animals steer clear of those areas because good land owners/stewards, don't entice them. There are those that feed squirrels, deer, etc. which may or may not be a good idea. Basically, I think that one defends one's own area and leaves everyone else alone. You let in what and who you decide to let in. Your decision, your consequences good and/or bad.

I had two places in Junction Texas that where wholly wild.
It covered 2300 square miles and only had 4300 residents.
There was no such thing as enticing wildlife unless it was to a deer feeder.

It was damn near like living in the wild west.

IMG_0202_op_320x240.jpg

shutterstock_341847332-680x454.jpg

mountain_lion_near_junction_texas_2.jpg

The nearest town of note Kerrville was fifty miles away from my river properties.

Yeah especially since where there is wildlife (Deer, Rabbits, Coyote, Wolves) there are Bears. Inviting that into one's home may not be the best strategy for a long life.
They are on the back forty and no one bothers them. We know because of game cameras set up. There is also Bald Eagles and Red Tail Hawks yet no one bothers them.

Somewhere is the back forty...I can only live on so much land...I am a little overweight.

Oh Yeah!! That thing would eat my honda farm quad!!!! I want one!!!

Mines not quite that modded but you can still get five feet of air and land like a pillow with the Fox shocks.....while doing 75 mph.
IMG_1967.JPG

Not in my woods..

I dunno, If owned one, I'd not abuse my land. I guess it depends on the terrain...for instance....That would be useless in a heavily treed parcel and/or steeply graded parcel.

Shiiiiit .....if it'll fit between the trees it's good to go with four wheel drive and a locking diff!!!
Not to mention the winch.

Not in my woods..

I have no need for a machine I can walk the line if need be..Maybe at seventy I'll get one.

Not in my woods..

I have no need for a machine I can walk the line if need be..Maybe at seventy I'll get one.

Wait a minute....you just said your fat ass was unable to traverse your own land.
If you're a tree hugger you could take this route.....
8c989b979d40332faa78206df9dc7360

Not in my woods..

Wait a minute....you just said your fat ass was unable to traverse your own land.
If you're a tree hugger you could take this route.....
8c989b979d40332faa78206df9dc7360
I said I was overweight, I didn't say I could traverse the land I said I could live on all 43 acres at once...Plus I have a damn road all the way to the back I just drive my truck...

A few years ago I bought a bushel basket of old traps at an auction for $10
I was very happy.

I still have about a dozen or so of em.
Backs to F'ed up to do much trapping these days.
I find it easier to bait an area and lie in wait with the AR.
Most of my trapping is coons and possums.

Not to eat, but to keep them out of my trash and out buildings.

A few years ago I bought a bushel basket of old traps at an auction for $10
I was very happy.

I still have about a dozen or so of em.
Backs to F'ed up to do much trapping these days.
I find it easier to bait an area and lie in wait with the AR.
Most of my trapping is coons and possums.

Not to eat, but to keep them out of my trash and out buildings.

Mine is coyotes and hogs.
The traps work well for the coyotes but the hogs are more hands on.

Forum List

Back