Wolf trapping season...

So where are you and what is the status of the wolf population?
Dogs killed by Wolves protecting livestock...

47433853_590192238080079_8935871186668093440_o.jpg

Yeah but you need a dog bred for it like the French Briard or a breed who can kill wolves and are efficient herders. So sad to see those poor doggies.

Animal were made for human USE KMom .
NOT that way! How can you agree to this barbaric way to trap an animal? These are animals who were put on this earth to do what comes natural to them and for man to subject them to this cruel torture is disgusting.

Oh....and you'll never see me trapping feral cats.
I just shoot them.
I feed the feral cats. I feel for all of the animals outside and even put out food for the nighttime critters. I was put on this earth to feed the animals. Those of you who believe in God knows that people are put on the earth for different reasons, and all of them is to protect living things, whether people or animals. Mine is animals. I make no apologizes for that.

Really you shouldn't be feeding any of the local wildlife because you are endangering its life...….by taming & domesticating them to have no fear of humans. As you can see in this thread, not all humans are as 'nice' as you.

I feed the feral cats. I feel for all of the animals outside and even put out food for the nighttime critters. I was put on this earth to feed the animals. Those of you who believe in God knows that people are put on the earth for different reasons, and all of them is to protect living things, whether people or animals. Mine is animals. I make no apologizes for that.

Why do you have a death wish for native wildlife?
When I bought our weekend place the kitty mom left us with at least 20 feral cats.
They killed all the baby rabbits,horntoads,squirels and all manner of local wildlife.
Shot all but two and the wildlife flourished within a year.

Feral cats are every bit as bad as feral hogs. Which I shoot at every opportunity.

Cats are not native to North America, they are an invasive species and should be dealt with accordingly...

http://wildlife.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Feral-Cats.pdf

The Moral Cost of Cats | Science | Smithsonian
So what? They are still living beings and feel pain like we all do. I don't kill anything. When a spider or a wasp comes into my house, I make a deal with it. I tell it that I won't kill it if it doesn't bite/sting me and I will take it outside. As a result, I've never been stung or bitten. i live in a wooded area and even had baby snakes come into the house. I just gather them up in a towel and take them back outside.
I got this from my father who loved wildlife. And, I'm glad I did.

You love wildlife?
What about the baby rabbits and Fox kits you let get eaten?
I regularly gather up the baby turtles and snakes that get in my pool from the golf course and release them back into the ponds on the course.
I've rescued fauns and bottle fed them until they could be released and fend for themselves.
Your type of animal care goes against natural selection and is based purely on emotion.

In other words you're a liberal.
There are plenty of conservatives who also love wildlife, so save your insults for the ones who hate the wildlife. Unless of course, you idolize tramp's spawn who kill the endangered wildlife for the fun of it.They're disgusting filth and hopefully, karma will visit them very soon like it has done with the others who were killed by the wildlife they were stalking to kill.

Hunters do more for wildlife conservation than all liberals combined.
Do you have a problem with eradicating feral hogs? Do you have a problem with culling deer to prevent starvation?
If so you're full of nothing but liberal platitudes and know nothing about conservation.
Same goes for feral cats. They are extremely damaging to indigenous wildlife.
After I culled the feral cats on my property the Fox,RingTail cats and all the other wildlife came back like gangbusters.

Squaw-ringtail-28073.jpg

NOT that way! How can you agree to this barbaric way to trap an animal? These are animals who were put on this earth to do what comes natural to them and for man to subject them to this cruel torture is disgusting.

I just shoot them.

Really you shouldn't be feeding any of the local wildlife because you are endangering its life...….by taming & domesticating them to have no fear of humans. As you can see in this thread, not all humans are as 'nice' as you.

Feral cats aren't local wildlife.
They should be put down,spayed or neutered.

Yeah especially since where there is wildlife (Deer, Rabbits, Coyote, Wolves) there are Bears. Inviting that into one's home may not be the best strategy for a long life however to each his own..

I just shoot them.

Feral cats aren't local wildlife.
They should be put down,spayed or neutered.

Agreed, but she also mentioned feeding other critters as well..

Yeah especially since where there is wildlife (Deer, Rabbits, Coyote, Wolves) there are Bears. Inviting that into one's home may not be the best strategy for a long life.
They are on the back forty and no one bothers them. We know because of game cameras set up. There is also Bald Eagles and Red Tail Hawks yet no one bothers them.

Yeah especially since where there is wildlife (Deer, Rabbits, Coyote, Wolves) there are Bears. Inviting that into one's home may not be the best strategy for a long life.
They are on the back forty and no one bothers them. We know because of game cameras set up. There is also Bald Eagles and Red Tail Hawks yet no one bothers them.

How do you have a back forty when you only have 43 acres?

Yep, understood. Folks on small parcels of land don't understand living on 40+ acres which pretty much takes care of itself if basically left alone and protected by the land owner.

Prolly lives on basically 3 acres of it which would be well managed and have a home. The other 40 acres is called 'excess land' in realtor talk. OR the 'back forty.' It's all really defined by the local RE market.

Yep, understood. Folks on small parcels of land don't understand living on 40+ acres which pretty much takes care of itself if basically left alone and protected by the land owner.

Predators as well as prey need to be controlled whether they are feral or native.
You cant have too many predators or prey since one will kill off the prey and the other will starve to death if they become to numerous.

Somewhere is the back forty...I can only live on so much land...I am a little overweight.

Somewhere is the back forty...I can only live on so much land...I am a little overweight.

Thats why God invented the the Polaris General.......
polaris-general-3-lift-kit-02.jpg

You can cover forty acres lickity split!!

Predators as well as prey need to be controlled whether they are feral or native.
You cant have too many predators or prey since one will kill off the prey and the other will starve to death if they become to numerous.

If you live in a rural area on acreage, you set out a perimeter. The area you wish to personally occupy. The rest is excess and it's development depends on the amount of $$$$ folks have and the marketability of large, well manicured parcels of land. Most wild animals steer clear of those areas because good land owners/stewards, don't entice them. There are those that feed squirrels, deer, etc. which may or may not be a good idea. Basically, I think that one defends one's own area and leaves everyone else alone. You let in what and who you decide to let in. Your decision, your consequences good and/or bad.

Oh Yeah!! That thing would eat my honda farm quad!!!! I want one!!!

Not in my woods..

Forum List

Back