“Woke” politics: who and where does it come from?

Another circle jerk of jerks on five pages of taunting. I guess they all get their jollies putting their hate on a four-letter word. I have another one, but this is in the Politics Forum and I must keep by the rules.

I know a lot of Republicans and don't know a single one of them who thinks any of those things are 'woke' or has any problem with them.

"Woke" is refusal to allow any point of view that is uncomfortable or opposite of what a person chooses to believe and demands ability to not have to allow any other point of view. In the extreme it is 'safe places' on college campuses where students won't have to see or hear any words, images, ideas that might further traumatize them.

'Woke' is seeing various groups and demographics as victims of some residual societal ways of thinking and therefore thought itself must be eradicated, re-educated, required to conform to the more noble and righteous and politically correct point of view. The extreme is Critical Race Theory that assumes all white people are culturally conditioned to be racist and need to be reprogrammed at a very early age.

"Woke" is believing that the "Green New Deal" and its variations are the only hope for the planet and, in the extreme, somehow is able to turn off common sense in people who are convinced that the use of fossil fuels can be eradicated in the reasonably near future. As we speak, this kind of thinking has put most of Europe into the worst energy crisis anybody can remember and threatens to collapse the European economy.

"Woke" is tossing out the old fashioned notions of strong nuclear families, respect for life, self-reliance, personal accountability for choices made, personal responsibility, liberty, choices, options, opportunity and the right to be who and what we choose to be with impunity so long as we respect the rights of others. All that is replaced with a fuzzy concept of 'the collective' and a level society in which no one is allowed to fail or is responsible for themselves or the choices they make but all must conform. In the extreme there is required 'group think' and heretics must be cancelled, even destroyed.

Finally "Woke' is blaming all who reject it for all that is wrong or bad in the community, the state, the nation, the world.
9o4jrxmlktm91.png

Think of the more extreme examples like the assertion there are dozens of genders or talk of pregnant men.

Question: Who genuinely believes those things?

Answer: It’s college kids and morons on Twitter.

That’s it. It really isn’t anyone else who talks about such silly things. I mean it isn’t democrats in office who bring this stuff up. As a result of the Twitter backlash to anything remotely politically incorrect, corporations feel the need to go way out of their way to avoid those ridiculous pitfalls. Should they though? If it is just college kids and morons on Twitter, do they really need to try so hard?

You know who brings this subject up the most, though? Republicans. Republicans LOVE to talk about those kinds of examples. It’s an easy thing to ridicule so they milk that shit for all it’s worth. The result is that they bring up the subject up WAY more often than the left actually does.

Now granted how you define “woke” varies.

Republicans think women in action films is “woke”.

Republicans think black people in leading roles is “woke”.

Republicans think gay people doing anything at all in movies is “woke”.

Such things are not “woke”. Gay people exist therefore it makes sense they would be in movies. Good luck explaining that logic though lol

Look, folks. They're losing the culture, and now trying to blame it on us.

My advice: don't argue with them; don't cede any ground.

They were great with "woke" as long as it worked for them. Now that it's toxic: "nope, wasn't us! Wasn't ever us!"

Don't engage. Just point and laugh.

it comes from an ideology that teaches that cries of weakness and victimhood are a form of strength

YES WE CAN'T!

Look, folks. They're losing the culture, and now trying to blame it on us.

My advice: don't argue with them; don't cede any ground.

They were great with "woke" as long as it worked for them. Now that it's toxic: "nope, wasn't us! Wasn't ever us!"

Don't engage. Just point and laugh.
Well, Sue, you just engaged.

Republicans think gay people doing anything at all in movies is “woke'

You need to lay off those mind altering substances.
No replacing established characters is woke. The loons go apeshit when a white person replaces a minority character. Personally I don't give a shit if it's a good story.

No replacing established characters is woke. The loons go apeshit when a white person replaces a minority character. Personally I don't give a shit if it's a good story.

When did they do this?

Here's a whole list of characters where white actors have played characters originally described as people of color in their source material.

We have had decades of white people playing Asian characters. What is jokingly refer to as "Yellowface". Most actors who have played Charlie Chan over the years were white dudes.

I can think of few examples where a minority or a woman replaced a character who has been traditionally been portrayed as a white male. Usually, it's not a big deal.

One of my favorites was when Lucy Liu played Dr. Watson in the TV Series Elementary. My bigger concern is up to that point, I didn't think she was a very good actress. But give her a decent script, a well-developed character, and good costars to play off of, and she was fine!

Think of the more extreme examples like the assertion there are dozens of genders or talk of pregnant men.

Question: Who genuinely believes those things?

Answer: It’s college kids and morons on Twitter.

That’s it. It really isn’t anyone else who talks about such silly things. I mean it isn’t democrats in office who bring this stuff up. As a result of the Twitter backlash to anything remotely politically incorrect, corporations feel the need to go way out of their way to avoid those ridiculous pitfalls. Should they though? If it is just college kids and morons on Twitter, do they really need to try so hard?

You know who brings this subject up the most, though? Republicans. Republicans LOVE to talk about those kinds of examples. It’s an easy thing to ridicule so they milk that shit for all it’s worth. The result is that they bring up the subject up WAY more often than the left actually does.

Republicans think gay people doing anything at all in movies is “woke”.

Such things are not “woke”. Gay people exist therefore it makes sense they would be in movies. Good luck explaining that logic though lol
You are forgetting the media ramming that woke shit down America;s throat. How could you miss that?

Forum List

Back