"Woke" Passes Out

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
A distinct lack of eye candy.

Despite garnering positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, the anti-man, pro-feminist movie “Birds of Prey” had a woeful showing at the box office on its first weekend in theaters.

The superhero movie starring Margot Robbie as comic book heroine Harley Quinn grossed $13 million on Friday on 4,236 screens. It is projected to gross under $34 million for the entire weekend. It is set to have the worst-performing opening weekend for a movie based on DC Comics since “Jonah Hex” debuted with a dismal $5.3 million opening one decade ago.

Warner Bros. Pictures hoped to gross as much $55 million over the weekend, with $45 million being seen as a more conservative estimate for the film. The movie has feminist themes throughout the plot, and was promoted as a girl power movie that struck back against the patriarchy.

GET WOKE, GO BROKE: Anti-Male Superheroine Flick 'Birds of Prey' Fizzles at the Box Office - Big League Politics

Hollywood maybe makes a movie or two a year worth seeing....none of which are worth the price tag to watch it in a theater....

Hollywood movies that are nothing but political propaganda are insulting....

Hollywood maybe makes a movie or two a year worth seeing....none of which are worth the price tag to watch it in a theater....

I don't care about the price in theaters as much as safety --- after all the shootings and crimes in theaters and elsewhere, I was sitting in a theater one day and I thought, "What am I doing sitting in the dark with strangers?" And that was it --- I never went back. Just wait and get the movies streaming, that's what we do.

And if coronavirus spreads, they'll close the theaters (they did in China). And that will, I hope, mean opening day streaming, which is what I want and have wanted for ten years. The switch out of theaters into streaming has been slower than I expected: some big money interests dragging their feet, presumably.

Forum List

Back