WOAH!!! I'm very glad we have the Second Amendment

Lets say, for the sake of argument, that he should pay the grazing fees. Do you know there are Native American Indian tribes who say that THEIR land rights trump the State of Nevada and that Mr. Bundy should be paying THEM grazing fees!

You ever hear THAT on the MSM News Mr. Maddow?

The issue isn't as cut and dry as you would like it to be.

That contradicts literally every news article I've seen on the case. Do you have a source for your claims?
His family has had grazing rights dating back to 1877, which was BEFORE the BLM even existed.
The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government - The Week
That link does not back up your claim that his family had "grazing rights"; in fact, it shoots it down when it calls his actions illegal in the first sentence. To drive the point home further, your article explains how Bundy could get legally let his cattle graze without paying any fees:

"For Bundy to have the right to graze his cattle in Gold Butte/Bunkerville area, the U.S. government would have to sell him the land, cede it to Nevada, get the area's endangered species removed from the endangered list, and/or lose to Bundy in a court of law. What seems certain is that this standoff isn't over."

A statement from a BLM official: "We remain disappointed that Cliven Bundy continues to not comply with the same laws that 16,000 public lands ranchers do every year.... Mr. Bundy owes the American taxpayers in excess of $1 million. The BLM will continue to work to resolve the matter administratively and judicially."

I'd think a free marketeer like yoursylf would be on my side of this, especially since in not paying his fines, Bundy has been taking a million-dollar handout from the federal government illegally for two decades. Do you now favor suspending the rule of law in certain cases, as it suits you?

Lets say, for the sake of argument, that he should pay the grazing fees. Do you know there are Native American Indian tribes who say that THEIR land rights trump the State of Nevada and that Mr. Bundy should be paying THEM grazing fees!

You ever hear THAT on the MSM News Mr. Maddow?

The issue isn't as cut and dry as you would like it to be.
Actually, it is. Native Americans have more rights to this land than anyone else, as they were here first. Can you link me to where these apparently multiple tribes have made such claims? I'd like to see which tribes are fyghtyng the good fyght against the white manpig's imperialistic ways.

We have never needed our second amendment

We still don't

The first amendment is more powerful

Absolutely agree.

To prevent more rampages in schools that kill innocent children, we should ban free speech and all religion, as well as the right to petition the government, peacefully assemble, and to publish inconvenient truths as the press sees fit.

It's the only way to save ourselves from certain destruction. Think of the children, conservatards--your nation's feature literally depends on you giving up yourself selfish claims of "muh rights" and embracing personal sacrifice in the name of the common good.

We have never needed our second amendment

We still don't

The first amendment is more powerful

Battle of Athens, Tennesse, 1946...
Cliven Bundy didn't break the Law. His family has had grazing rights on that land dating back many generations.

He was the last farmer in that area with those rights and the Feds wanted to move him off there for the land.

The Bundy family bought that land in the 50s. Hardly a generational claim

I don't expect to agree 100% with anyone, my Wife included. Why do you expect to agree with Libertarians and Republicans all the time?

Why don't you just discuss issues and try to find common ground instead? :wink:

Whoa who the hell told you to put rationality on a MB? What would people do without their handy dandy labels huh?

Forum List

Back