Without religion mankind would find another reason ti kill each other.

eternaltrue

I have the magic beans
Oct 29, 2012
Every day I get more disheartened with the human race :-/
People blame religion but really mankind would still go to war and kill.

Of course they would. Religion is an excuse, the reason is power, there will always be power to be gained or lost so if there was no religion people would absolutely be killing each other. Probably worse than they do with religion.

I am sure. Race, wealth and origin also play a role. I think evil and angry gets the attention and maybe skews the perspective some however I still see most people wanting to live in peace. The trouble arises because of who controls the wealth and the making of wars. That group is so very small in relation to the rest of us.

Mankind will always kill, maim or attack one another over resources before religion. Either way, if you strip away or remove the enforcement of the laws and societal conventions we've imposed upon ourselves, you'll find there's little or no difference between mankind today and mankind in 2000 BC.

Once you accept that human beings are just selfish, greedy and violent animals that happen to have opposing thumbs and have chosen to bind themselves to written laws, your life will become soooo much simpler.

Religion is USED in this way becuase organized religion creates a leash to put arround the believers neck so they can be drug arround.

Power will ALWAYS grab at this leash when they need evil done.

Stop organzing

stop placeing the leash on your own neck

Mankind will always kill, maim or attack one another over resources before religion. Either way, if you strip away or remove the enforcement of the laws and societal conventions we've imposed upon ourselves, you'll find there's little or no difference between mankind today and mankind in 2000 BC.

Once you accept that human beings are just selfish, greedy and violent animals that happen to have opposing thumbs and have chosen to bind themselves to written laws, your life will become soooo much simpler.

True. Dwelling on the bad in this world is no good for the individual. I find too much news can be a bad thing and will skew the way we see the world.

If it bleeds, it leads.

Seek the good that does exist and don't let the media own your outlook.

Religion?
Really?
Shouldn't you indict science?

"Just who has imposed on the suffering
human race poison gas, barbed wire, high explosives, experiments in eugenics, the formula for Zyklon B, heavy artillery,
pseudo-scientific justifications for mass murder, cluster bombs,
attack submarines, napalm, inter continental ballistic missiles,
military space platforms, and nuclear weapons?"
Berlinski, "The Devil's Delusion."

what horseshit PC

when evil men use knowledge to hurt people killing the knowledge wont save anyone

I am sure. Race, wealth and origin also play a role. I think evil and angry gets the attention and maybe skews the perspective some however I still see most people wanting to live in peace. The trouble arises because of who controls the wealth and the making of wars. That group is so very small in relation to the rest of us.

Most people do not want to live in peace. The vast majority are those who want to subjugate others. That's why we have war, and gangs, and criminals. Go into any inner city, go to Chicago, it's not the ones who control the wealth, but the ones who want power over others.

Most people do not want to live in peace. The vast majority are those who want to subjugate others. That's why we have war, and gangs, and criminals. Go into any inner city, go to Chicago, it's not the ones who control the wealth, but the ones who want power over others.

I should have added the power lust to the list. But the concentration of wealth does indeed play a role in the larger battles above the neighborhood gang wars.

I should have added the power lust to the list. But the concentration of wealth does indeed play a role in the larger battles above the neighborhood gang wars.

Yes, but Katzndogz alludes, however intentionally, to how and why the reasoning behind gang power and violence is rooted in greed.

It's not necessarily the prospect of power that seduces people to form and/or join a gang. It's the promise of wealth and power (though mainly the former), with comparatively little effort and hard work, as opposed to achieving/earning either legitimately i.e. - the hard way.

That attraction appeals to both wealthy and poor. The difference is that the poor vie for power and wealth on the street. Whereas the wealthy do it in the boardroom. The only difference is that the poor see the destruction they cause with their own eyes. Whereas the rich are afforded greater detachment.

People like to point at religion as the reason for people killing each other.

But it was the secular ideologies of fascism, democracy, and communism that is responsible for far more deaths all over the world. :cool:

Yup!

First World War (1914–18): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 million
Russian Civil War (1917–22): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 million
Soviet Union, Stalin’s regime (1924–53): . . . . . . . . . 20 million
Second World War (1937–45): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 55 million
Chinese Civil War (1945–49): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.5 million
People’s Republic of China, Mao Zedong’s
regime (1949–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 40 million
Tibet (1950 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 600,000
Congo Free State (1886–1908): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 million
Mexico (1910–20): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Turkish massacres of Armenians (1915–23): . . . . . 1.5 million
China (1917–28): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 800,000
China, Nationalist era (1928–37): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.1 million
Korean War (1950–53): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.8 million
North Korea (1948 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 million
Rwanda and Burundi (1959–95): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.35 million
Second Indochina War (1960–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.5 million
Ethiopia (1962–92): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Nigeria (1966–70): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Bangladesh (1971): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.25 million
Cambodia, Khmer Rouge (1975–78): . . . . . . . . . . . 1.65 million
Mozambique (1975–92): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Afghanistan (1979–2001): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.8 million
Iran–Iraq War (1980–88): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Sudan (1983 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.9 million
Kinshasa, Congo (1998 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.8 million
Philippines Insurgency (1899–1902): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 220,000
Brazil (1900 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500,000
Amazonia (1900–1912): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 250,000
Portuguese colonies (1900–1925): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 325,000
French colonies (1900–1940): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
Japanese War (1904–5): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 130,000
German East Africa (1905–7): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 175,000
Libya (1911–31): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 125,000
Balkan Wars (1912–13): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 140,000
Greco–Turkish War (1919–22): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 250,000
Spanish Civil War (1936–39): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 365,000
Franco Regime (1939–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100,000
Abyssinian Conquest (1935–41): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Finnish War (1939–40): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Greek Civil War (1943–49): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 158,000
Yugoslavia, Tito’s regime (1944–80): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
First Indochina War (1945–54): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Colombia (1946–58): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
India (1947): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500,000
Romania (1948–89): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Burma/Myanmar (1948 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 130,000
Algeria (1954–62): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 537,000
Sudan (1955–72): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500,000
Guatemala (1960–96): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
Indonesia (1965–66): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Uganda, Idi Amin’s regime (1972–79): . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Vietnam, postwar Communist regime
(1975 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 430,000
Angola (1975–2002): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 550,000
East Timor, conquest by Indonesia (1975–99): . . . . . 200,000
Lebanon (1975–90): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Cambodian Civil War (1978–91): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 225,000
Iraq, Saddam Hussein (1979–2003): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Uganda (1979–86): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Kurdistan (1980s, 1990s): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Liberia (1989–97): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Iraq (1990– ): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 350,000
Bosnia and Herzegovina (1992–95): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 175,000
Somalia (1991 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Berlinski, Op.Cit.

Religion?
Really?
Shouldn't you indict science?

"Just who has imposed on the suffering
human race poison gas, barbed wire, high explosives, experiments in eugenics, the formula for Zyklon B, heavy artillery,
pseudo-scientific justifications for mass murder, cluster bombs,
attack submarines, napalm, inter continental ballistic missiles,
military space platforms, and nuclear weapons?"
Berlinski, "The Devil's Delusion."

Those are the tools to kill.

We need more true individualism and less groups.
Be your own leader.

I agree on that point in many ways. The "gang" mentality and "group think" operates across many venues and aspects of life.

I think that is one of the principles that the founding fathers held.

How so?

We are a union of states with a central shared government so we must seek a consensus at times. Independent thought within a group is fine and desired. It is when the group think is the driving force I see problems.

You want no more deaths in the name of religion.

Stop placing a leash on your neck abnd handing someone else the handle end

Forum List

Back