Wisconsin's anti-democracy voter I.D. law to stand

There's nothing stupid about it, it's entirely true. None one knows who fills out an absentee ballot. I did for other people for a decade, and while I punched their choices, they had no way of knowing that. All they did was sign it, sometimes with only an X, when it was done.
I'm not saying that doesn't happen that way, I'm just saying that's why the voter ID fool.
Voter ID laws ignore that, completely, so this fraud you are so concerned about is still going on and nothing in these laws changes that eh? Which means, you are actually okay with voter fraud, otherwise you would demand that we issue everyone an ID and make them come to the polls so you could check it, but you aren't doing that now are you?
BTW, you have to start somewhere to weed out the cheaters.
The cheaters are those who would deny other Americans their right to vote.
and again, who is denying anyone a right to vote. You still haven't presented an argument that shows that.
Read the court cases against these laws. I'll not say it again. Start here: The Conservative Case Against Voter ID Laws - Casey Given - Page full

Whether you did what you were told or not, it's still against the law for you to fill out someone else's ballot.
No, it isn't. Absentee ballots often go to people who can't even read them, let alone hold the pen or punch out the chads to mark their choices. That's why you can sign a perfectly legal ballot with nothing more than an X. It's done all the time, for the infirm and elderly.

You really have no clue about elections in American do you?
listen to yourself, talk about the immorality of it all. Here it is in aces.
It's not immoral or illegal to help someone fill out a ballot. It's done for millions of people each election. Exactly how did you think the blind vote, by throwing darts at a board they can't see?

I'm not saying that doesn't happen that way, I'm just saying that's why the voter ID fool.
Voter ID laws ignore that, completely, so this fraud you are so concerned about is still going on and nothing in these laws changes that eh? Which means, you are actually okay with voter fraud, otherwise you would demand that we issue everyone an ID and make them come to the polls so you could check it, but you aren't doing that now are you?
so you do agree there's fraud. Why did you lie earlier then?
The amount of fraud, and it's mostly an honest mistake, is so small that it doesn't change our elections. Using your reasoning because some fool shoots his family we get to ban all guns, and it doesn't work that way. These laws are not about fraud, they are about helping the GOP win, and enjoy it while you can, it won't last for long.
Looks like Pick my Cotton might have a problem. Are statements made online admissible in court?

Sure they are, but the statute of limitations may have run out.

I once worked with a guy that I despised. One day in a conversation with me and another co-worker this moron admitted that when he was a kid in a military school he and some fellow classmates murdered one of the other classmates. I considered calling the police and having this guy arrested. I'm sorry I didn't.
There is no limitation on murder. Rape and molestation yes, murder no.

I'm well aware of that.
Good, so report it, or are you so immoral you're okay with murder as well? Oh wait, it wasn't you so you don't give a fuck.

It happened 10 years ago, fool. I don't even remember the guy's name.

PickMyCotton

There is no unalienable right to vote, there are qualifications. For instance, someone serving a life sentence for murder certainly still has rights, but we don't put polling places in our prisons. If someone wants to vote, they need to follow the law and meet the qualifications.

and again, who is denying anyone a right to vote. You still haven't presented an argument that shows that.
Read the court cases against these laws. I'll not say it again. Start here: The Conservative Case Against Voter ID Laws - Casey Given - Page full
funny, right at the beginning
--
While every citizen should rightfully be concerned about the integrity of their vote, there is little evidence that supports the claim that fraud is massive enough to sway an election.....
--
dude, even the article you want me to read admits to fraud. Holy crap, it is much worse than I originally thought. Now they admit it. ah, it's okay, there isn't enough of it, and yet one voter not being counted is a media rampage. You all are nothing but twits with mice droppings lingering everywhere you go.

Holy crap you have no civility.

Whether you did what you were told or not, it's still against the law for you to fill out someone else's ballot.
No, it isn't. Absentee ballots often go to people who can't even read them, let alone hold the pen or punch out the chads to mark their choices. That's why you can sign a perfectly legal ballot with nothing more than an X. It's done all the time, for the infirm and elderly.

It's not immoral or illegal to help someone fill out a ballot. It's done for millions of people each election. Exactly how did you think the blind vote, by throwing darts at a board they can't see?
hmmm, isn't there something called braille?

oh and the liberty they mention in the piece is the liberty of fraud will not be tolerated.

so the nuts and bolts of this are, there is election fraud, admitted by the left on here.

Hmm, he seems to have left.... does that mean he's on break and the other troll is coming on?​

So why the angst when people want to make it harder to do dishonestly?
Because the laws are swatting a fly with a German Airplane, and denying people their right to vote. You want Americans to be able to use their rights right?
You don't have an unalienable right to vote.
So, you're okay with Americans losing their rights, like say, the right to buy a gun?
What does that have to do with anything? I already have to provide ID to buy a gun. Ever hear of background checks, waiting periods, etc? The right to own a firearm has stronger constitutional backing than does the privilege to vote.
Not according to the courts, and what is required doesn't make it right. The check and the waiting people are valid, asking for photo ID isn't. it's not, and should be, required. You don't need ID to get a fair trial or have religious freedom now do you? All you have to do is be an American.
I said I had to provide ID to buy a gun, not a photo ID. It's kind of a moot point, though, because the of the background check. Voting, at least for president, is not a constitutional right, BTW, nor do you have to pass a background check to do it.

kaz said:
Why exactly do you think blacks are too lazy to get a free id like every five years to vote? Are you assuming they are as lazy as you are?
Don't make assumptions. Lazy has nothing to do with it. And tell us, if one in 100 people can't buy a gun because they can't get a piece of paper, do we have a problem or are they just out of luck?

Do as you say, not as you do? You are assuming blacks will vote, but not if they have to get an ID to do it. Then you tell me not to make assumptions?

ID will do nothing but prevent fraud. If there is no fraud now then we can both be happy. You because no votes were changed and me because we verified no fraudulent votes were cast

And tell us, if one in 100 people can't buy a gun because they can't get a piece of paper, do we have a problem or are they just out of luck?

I don't give a shit if one of your neighbors is turned down for buying a gun because they don't produce an ID

Do you know what the fallacy referred to as "begging the question" means or do you just know how to do it?

Why exactly do you think blacks are too lazy to get a free id like every five years to vote? Are you assuming they are as lazy as you are?
Don't make assumptions. Lazy has nothing to do with it. And tell us, if one in 100 people can't buy a gun because they can't get a piece of paper, do we have a problem or are they just out of luck?
strawman fool!! strawman. next!
Nothing strawman about it. Learn what that is. What I posted was an analogy, that you ran from like a child.
dude that is so full of straw the wizard of Oz would have been proud. maybe then you could ask for a brain.
You fail to understand what a strawman is. Just answer the question, at what number of people not being able to express their rights do you think there would be a problem? 1 in ten? 100? 1,000?

First of all, there is no "right" to vote, you made that up. Or repeated it from people who made it up.

Regardless, even if it were, since voter ID prevents exactly zero people from expressing their rights, your question is irrelevant

strawman fool!! strawman. next!
Nothing strawman about it. Learn what that is. What I posted was an analogy, that you ran from like a child.
dude that is so full of straw the wizard of Oz would have been proud. maybe then you could ask for a brain.
You fail to understand what a strawman is. Just answer the question, at what number of people not being able to express their rights do you think there would be a problem? 1 in ten? 100? 1,000?

First of all, there is no "right" to vote, you made that up. Or repeated it from people who made it up.

Regardless, even if it were, since voter ID prevents exactly zero people from expressing their rights, your question is irrelevant
what's even funnier is then he states that you don't need an ID to vote via absentee ballot. I looked it up, he's right. To vote by mail you don't need an ID, so now, it's more what the 'f' is your problem.

what's even funnier is then he states that you don't need an ID to vote via absentee ballot. I looked it up, he's right. To vote by mail you don't need an ID, so now, it's more what the 'f' is your problem.
You got a fix for that? No, so, then you don't really care about fraud now do you?

Last edited:

hmmm, isn't there something called braille?
Yeah, it isn't usually, the blind like other disabled people use others to help them vote by filling in their ballot for them. Perfectly legal and done every election.

Like this:
"Plaintiff Larry Bunn, who is blind, said, “I have been registered to vote in Alameda County since 1999 and I have never been able to independently and privately vote. I am so happy that the federal court vindicated us blind voters. I am very thrilled about this decision and I cannot wait to vote.”
Landmark Decision Blind and visually impaired voters must be ensured the right to a private and independent vote Disability Rights Advocates

In the future voting alone might happen for many but plenty of ballots will still be filled out by helpers, unless you don't want the handicapped to vote eh?

Last edited:
You got a fix for that? No, so, then you don't really care about fraud now do you?

So if you can't fix all fraud then you can't fix any fraud.

That's supposed to make sense?

You're attempting to fix what isn't a big deal and ignoring where the real fraud can happen. Nice work.

well yes I do, thanks for asking. It all matters on whether the country wishes to stop the probable causes for fraud. If you all don't care, then it is pointless. Seems your side could give two shtis. And then you want to talk about keeping someones vote from counting. You all don't pass the logic test.

You're attempting to fix what isn't a big deal and ignoring where the real fraud can happen. Nice work.
hmmmm, sounds a lot like obama care solution to a 3% insurance problem. Again, you all on the left never pass the logic test.

Forum List

Back