Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker rejected Romney's comments: Romney doubles down

R

rdean

Romney's controversial attack on public sector workers came during a Friday press conference where he criticized President Obama's call to rehire hundreds of thousands of cops, firefighters, and teachers, and his observation that the private sector was doing fine in comparison to the public sector. Romney responded: "He says we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people." Axelrod criticized Romney's comments Sunday on CNN's State of the Union.

Even conservative Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker rejected Romney's comments. But you wouldn't know that by watching Fox & Friends.

Fox Disappears Romney's Attack On Teacher, Firefighter, And Police Hiring

Former New Hampshire Gov. John H. Sununu, a surrogate for Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, defended the presumptive Republican nominee's comments that the nation should have fewer teachers, firefighters and police officers, saying there was "wisdom" in Romney's remarks.

John Sununu defends Romney's call for fewer teachers, says it was "policy".

“I (Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker) know in my state our reforms allowed us to protect firefighters, police officers and teachers. That's not what I think of when I think of big government.”

Gov. Walker splits with Romney, says firemen, teachers aren't big government

------------------------------------------------

Hilarious on Fox, they edited Axelrod's comments and left out the comments about "firefighters, police, and teachers".

Republican's turned Obama's words into a "gaffe".

Romney's words were "pure policy". As long as people think of government as faceless, nameless bureaucrats they agree with Republicans. But every community want's more firefighters and police for sure. Communities who want a future for their children want more teachers. Republicans put a name to those "faceless others". Now we know who Republicans are against.

That's what Republicans want: less cops. Sure, Mitt. Roll with that.

They want to police women's bodies, but not with cops. I'm not sure how that works, but then, Republicans rarely seem to think through their positions relying instead on "imagination".

Also less fire fighters, and less teachers. Really working for 'the people'; at least those immune to natural disasters, and pleased their children are illiterate.

They want to police women's bodies, but not with cops. I'm not sure how that works, but then, Republicans rarely seem to think through their positions relying instead on "imagination".

Don't be jealous just because you've never even seen a woman's body.

And no, your mother doesn't count.

What a crock of shit -and only proves the comprehension problem the left has. Let's deal in some FACTS here, shall we? Average salary of private sector employee is just over $43,000. Average salary of public sector employee is over $76,000. Unemployment among public sector employees is 4.2% -for private sector employees is "officially" 8.2% but because millions have just given up looking it is actually above 15%. Among blacks it is above 24%. For every government job that has been lost, 11 have been lost in the private sector. The smallest percentage of working age people are actually working since Jimmy Carter's disastrous Presidency and the highest rate of poverty seen since WWll. Sorry but the PRIVATE SECTOR IS IN TROUBLE and expanding government only INCREASES their burden. Expanding the size of government does NOT stimulate the economy -it increases the BILLS for the private sector. It increases pressure to raise taxes to pay for it.

It is PRIVATE SECTOR EMPLOYEES who foot the bill for ALL public sector employees. They pay their salaries, their benefits, their pension, their taxes -and their union dues. All that money first belonged to PRIVATE SECTOR WORKERS. When private sector workers are taxed, that money INCREASES government coffers. In addition their salary is tied to their productivity -it is the private sector that creates wealth. Government does not create wealth -it can only take some of it from those who do -and those who do are in the PRIVATE SECTOR. Without the private sector, government could not exist at all because that is where government gets the money to even exist. Government does not create wealth and neither does anyone employed by it. When public sector employees gets paid -it reduces government coffers. Their salary is divorced from productivity, they do NOT create wealth. Their very employment is another bill being footed by the private sector.

When taxes are withheld from a public sector employee, it only means the amount of money leaving government coffers is a little less -but government always ends up with LESS money for every public sector employee. When private sector employees are taxed, government is enriched and gets richer the more people employed in the PRIVATE sector -and poorer the more people employed by government. This is just not that hard to grasp here. When the economy is bad, expanding the ranks of government employees is compounding an already really bad situation and making it WORSE. I swear Obama is either clueless about who is really footing all the bills in this country -or he is just pandering to government unions at the expense of those who are actually hurting FAR AND AWAY more than public employees. If public employees don't like the deal -let them go get a job in the private sector and start helping to foot the bills instead of being a drain on it!

Democrats absolutely represent the best interests of public unions -which means they do not and cannot represent the best interests of the taxpayers who are all paying for them. It is a conflict of interest and Democrats have repeatedly made it clear, Obama has made it abundantly clear where his real loyalties lie. And it isn't with taxpayers -he just wants to hose them in order to keep the Democrat money laundering operation going. He can go to hell.

Finally WTF do Democrats think they are doing with this issue? Cops, firemen and teachers are a LOCAL ISSUE -it is NOT a federal one. NONE OF THEIR FUCKING BUSINESS HOW MANY COPS MY CITY HAS. We don't want and we don't expect handouts from other localities in order to hire cops, firemen and teachers we can't afford all by ourselves because that is just flat out stupid.

Last edited:

Don't be jealous just because you've never even seen a woman's body.

And no, your mother doesn't count.

Someone just dropped a turd on a good thread.

What a crock of shit -and only proves the comprehension problem the left has. Let's deal in some FACTS here, shall we? Average salary of private sector employee is just over $43,000. Average salary of public sector employee is over $76,000. Unemployment among public sector employees is 4.2% -for private sector employees is "officially" 8.2% but because millions have just given up looking it is actually above 15%. Among blacks it is above 24%. For every government job that has been lost, 11 have been lost in the private sector. The smallest percentage of working age people are actually working since Jimmy Carter's disastrous Presidency and the highest rate of poverty seen since WWll. Sorry but the PRIVATE SECTOR IS IN TROUBLE and expanding government only INCREASES their burden. Expanding the size of government does NOT stimulate the economy -it increases the BILLS for the private sector. It increases pressure to raise taxes to pay for it.

It is PRIVATE SECTOR EMPLOYEES who foot the bill for ALL public sector employees. They pay their salaries, their benefits, their pension, their taxes -and their union dues. All that money first belonged to PRIVATE SECTOR WORKERS. When private sector workers are taxed, that money INCREASES government coffers. In addition their salary is tied to their productivity -it is the private sector that creates wealth. Government does not create wealth -it can only take some of it from those who do -and those who do are in the PRIVATE SECTOR. Without the private sector, government could not exist at all because that is where government gets the money to even exist. Government does not create wealth and neither does anyone employed by it. When public sector employees gets paid -it reduces government coffers. Their salary is divorced from productivity, they do NOT create wealth. Their very employment is another bill being footed by the private sector.

When taxes are withheld from a public sector employee, it only means the amount of money leaving government coffers is a little less -but government always ends up with LESS money for every public sector employee. When private sector employees are taxed, government is enriched and gets richer the more people employed in the PRIVATE sector -and poorer the more people employed by government. This is just not that hard to grasp here. When the economy is bad, expanding the ranks of government employees is compounding an already really bad situation and making it WORSE. I swear Obama is either clueless about who is really footing all the bills in this country -or he is just pandering to government unions at the expense of those who are actually hurting FAR AND AWAY more than public employees. If public employees don't like the deal -let them go get a job in the private sector and start helping to foot the bills instead of being a drain on it!

Democrats absolutely represent the best interests of public unions -which means they do not and cannot represent the best interests of the taxpayers who are all paying for them. It is a conflict of interest and Democrats have repeatedly made it clear, Obama has made it abundantly clear where his real loyalties lie. And it isn't with taxpayers -he just wants to hose them in order to keep the Democrat money laundering operation going. He can go to hell.

Finally WTF do Democrats think they are doing with this issue? Cops, firemen and teachers are a LOCAL ISSUE -it is NOT a federal one. NONE OF THEIR FUCKING BUSINESS HOW MANY COPS MY CITY HAS. We don't want and we don't expect handouts from other localities in order to hire cops, firemen and teachers we can't afford all by ourselves because that is just flat out stupid.

Funny, only 10% of working Americans belong to a union.

I suspect your community isn't as "independent" as you think it is. Pity.

Romney's controversial attack on public sector workers came during a Friday press conference where he criticized President Obama's call to rehire hundreds of thousands of cops, firefighters, and teachers, and his observation that the private sector was doing fine in comparison to the public sector. Romney responded: "He says we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people." Axelrod criticized Romney's comments Sunday on CNN's State of the Union.

Even conservative Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker rejected Romney's comments. But you wouldn't know that by watching Fox & Friends.

Former New Hampshire Gov. John H. Sununu, a surrogate for Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, defended the presumptive Republican nominee's comments that the nation should have fewer teachers, firefighters and police officers, saying there was "wisdom" in Romney's remarks.

“I (Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker) know in my state our reforms allowed us to protect firefighters, police officers and teachers. That's not what I think of when I think of big government.”

Hilarious on Fox, they edited Axelrod's comments and left out the comments about "firefighters, police, and teachers".

Romney's words were "pure policy". As long as people think of government as faceless, nameless bureaucrats they agree with Republicans. But every community want's more firefighters and police for sure. Communities who want a future for their children want more teachers. Republicans put a name to those "faceless others". Now we know who Republicans are against.

Umm....Police, Fire and teachers are not federal employees and it is not the job of the federal government to be involved in the hiring or firing of them. Axelrod is a joke, his comments are for clueless idiots like you who don't know any better I say more Axelrod he’s not helping Obama at all as a spokesman that’s for sure

Umm....Police, Fire and teachers are not federal employees and it is not the job of the federal government to be involved in the hiring or firing of them. Axelrod is a joke, his comments are for clueless idiots like you who don't know any better I say more Axelrod he’s not helping Obama at all as a spokesman that’s for sure

So you are saying less police, firemen and teachers are a "good" thing. Yea. Keep working that message.

Youve got it backwards friend.

1) Private sector is ADDING jobs. Public sector LOSING jobs.

Public Sector Job Cuts Threaten Recovery - US News and World Report
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/03/public-sector-jobs_n_1074106.html

2) The fact that public sector employees make more only goes to show that private sector isnt paying enough. I work for a "good" company. One that is actually trying to bring jobs back into the country and even hire people by creating new positions. We made RECORD profits in the last fiscal year. The company threw parties and told everyone what a great job they did. Handed out millions in bonuses to the top brass. Then come review time, they told everyone all they could do at this time as a 2% raise because the economy is still slow.

By way of comparison, even as gas prices are dropping now, they rose 8% since the last fiscal year began.

So grats on a great job everyone. This year youll have less spending power than you had last year.

We need MORE unions. Not less.

Last edited:

So you are saying less police, firemen and teachers are a "good" thing. Yea. Keep working that message.

Running out of money is a bad thing and many states are still struggling. It doesn't matter how much something is needed. If the money isn't there, you're out of luck. Welfare spending has increased, as well as unemployment. We're moving in the wrong direction. We need more tax payers.

Forum List

Back