Wisconsin Collective Bargaining Law is Working

did I say that is wasn't?
Unlike many on the right I can think in terms other than this or that.
I can actually think in terms of this and that.
But raising taxes on hedge fund managers and the top 1% is not doing it on the back of the working class.

I just have said for years that we must learn to live with less, the golden age of America is past.
Wisconsin should tax hedge fund managers?

they should tax their income at the same rate as any other income. do they? I really do not know. I know the feds do not.
Do you know?

If a hedge fund manager is paid $1,000,000 he is charged the income tax rate at the top, 35% level. If he lives in Wisconsin he would pay whatever rate the state charges on $1,000,000 of income.

I don't think anything is keeping Buffet or anyone else from sending more of their money to the gov.
Then bripat is right -- they ARE hypocrites.
What does that have to do with the inequity in taxing those closer to the subsistence level at a higher rate than multi-billionaires?
The multi-billionaires who are so bitterly offended by that can fix it voluntarily -- but they choose not to.

And that seems to be okay with you.

I don't think anything is keeping Buffet or anyone else from sending more of their money to the gov.

What does that have to do with the inequity in taxing those closer to the subsistence level at a higher rate than multi-billionaires?

People close to the subsistence level don't pay at a higher rate than multi-billionaires.
I could show you the math if you'd like.

The new law makes it illegal for public employees unions to bargain collectively for anything but wages, though there are exemptions for police and firefighters. It also imposes hurdles to union representation, bars the automatic collection of union dues from employees' paychecks and requires public employee unions to win certification elections every year with at least one vote more over 50 percent of all eligible employees - not just those participating in the election.

That destroys those unions effected.

Courthouse News Service
What's the problem with the bolded? What's more important to you -- the existence of the union, or the will of the workers?

And let's not forget, Walker got millions in savings in his budget by raising taxes on Wisconsin's low income workers:

Low-income taxpayers in Wisconsin would lose hundreds of dollars in tax credits a year under Gov. Scott Walker’s proposed budget — at the same time the governor wants tax cuts for businesses and investors to boost jobs.

Read more: Walker's budget slashes tax credits that aid poor

I've never had a paycheck signed by a poor person. Have you?

And let's not forget, Walker got millions in savings in his budget by raising taxes on Wisconsin's low income workers:

Low-income taxpayers in Wisconsin would lose hundreds of dollars in tax credits a year under Gov. Scott Walker’s proposed budget — at the same time the governor wants tax cuts for businesses and investors to boost jobs.

Yes.

You need to stop thinking only the rich can get you a job.

The new law makes it illegal for public employees unions to bargain collectively for anything but wages, though there are exemptions for police and firefighters. It also imposes hurdles to union representation, bars the automatic collection of union dues from employees' paychecks and requires public employee unions to win certification elections every year with at least one vote more over 50 percent of all eligible employees - not just those participating in the election.

Courthouse News Service
What's the problem with the bolded? What's more important to you -- the existence of the union, or the will of the workers?

NOW the Wisconsin GOP suddenly cares about the "will of the workers"? :eek:

I'm sure that the "will of the workers" were taken into account when Walker and his cronies decided to balance the budget on their backs. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

Yes.
No. If a person has money to pay an employee, he's not poor.
I don't. But I know that punishing success is no way to get more people working.

Some people just don't get that.

Courthouse News Service

I'm sure that the "will of the workers" were taken into account when Walker and his cronies decided to balance the budget on their backs. :eusa_hand:

Yeah, we already know what's more important to you -- the existence of the union, regardless of whether the workers want it or not.

Courthouse News Service

Walker saved 2500 union workers jobs, and the union hates him. What's wrong with this picture

Yeah, we already know what's more important to you -- the existence of the union, regardless of whether the workers want it or not.

And what more important to the GOP and the "new brand of conservatives" on this board. Calling the workers greedy and worthless, blaming them for the budget problems, forcing them to bail the state out while at the same time denying them the right to collective bargaining.

Yeah, you really care for the workers alright. :eusa_whistle: :eusa_hand: :cuckoo:

Yes.

How poor was your boss?

Walker saved 2500 union workers jobs, and the union hates him. What's wrong with this picture

DAMN!!! How about stripping them of their right to collective bargaining which had NOTHING to do with supposedly "saving" union jobs?

Last edited:

And what more important to the GOP and the "new brand of conservatives" on this board. Calling the workers greedy and worthless, blaming them for the budget problems, forcing them to bail the state out while at the same time denying them the right to collective bargaining.

Yeah, you really care for the workers alright. :eusa_whistle: :eusa_hand: :cuckoo:

Yes, we care for workers. Union members? Their problems are of their own creation.

I don't recall any tax increase in his budget. Please list a few.

Yes, we care for workers. Union members? Their problems are of their own creation.

Uhhh.....the workers that you've been talking about ARE union members, dipwad. This whole thread has been about the workers who are union members. :eusa_whistle:

I don't recall any tax increase in his budget. Please list a few.

Wisconsin’s Legislative Fiscal Bureau — the state’s equivalent of the Congressional Budget Office — finds that this would amount to a $49.9 million tax increase on people who receive these credits over the next two years:

Low and middle income people would lose tax credits worth about $49.4 million over two years, the new Legislative Fiscal Bureau report said.

Those affected most by Walker’s proposal would include low-income families who qualify for the earned income tax credit program, and low-income homeowners who receive tax rebates under the homestead tax credit.

After Pledging To Not Raise Taxes, Walker Proposes Hiking Taxes And Fees On The Poor And Students | ThinkProgress

Uhhh.....the workers that you've been talking about ARE union members, dipwad. This whole thread has been about the workers who are union members. :eusa_whistle:

Then we agree: Their problems are their own creation. :beer:

Forum List

Back