Wisconsin Collective Bargaining Law is Working

Yeah, we already know what's more important to you -- the existence of the union, regardless of whether the workers want it or not.

And what more important to the GOP and the "new brand of conservatives" on this board. Calling the workers greedy and worthless, blaming them for the budget problems, forcing them to bail the state out while at the same time denying them the right to collective bargaining.

Yeah, you really care for the workers alright. :eusa_whistle: :eusa_hand: :cuckoo:

Yes, we care for workers. Union members? Their problems are of their own creation.

He cares about the worker's money (dues) than the workers themselves....

And what more important to the GOP and the "new brand of conservatives" on this board. Calling the workers greedy and worthless, blaming them for the budget problems, forcing them to bail the state out while at the same time denying them the right to collective bargaining.

Yeah, you really care for the workers alright. :eusa_whistle: :eusa_hand: :cuckoo:

Yes, we care for workers. Union members? Their problems are of their own creation.

Yep. Unions have become what they were formed to protect workers against: Organizations that exploit workers for money.

NOW the Wisconsin GOP suddenly cares about the "will of the workers"? :eek:

I'm sure that the "will of the workers" were taken into account when Walker and his cronies decided to balance the budget on their backs. :eusa_hand:

Walker saved 2500 union workers jobs, and the union hates him. What's wrong with this picture

DAMN!!! How about stripping them of their right to collective bargaining which had NOTHING to do with supposedly "saving" union jobs?

But if Obama saves or creates jobs he is allowed to spend any amount of money and destroy any amount of privet sector... You know what, nm lol.

Yep. Unions have become what they were formed to protect workers against: Organizations that exploit workers for money.

And if that's the only reason you think unions were formed for then you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

And it's sad that someone so badly misinformed can spew out garbage about something while trying to sound like they know what their talking about.

You better just give it up. With that last post you lost. Badly.

Balancing the books on the backs of the working class?
We must learn to be satisfied with less is what i have been saying since before the recession began.
I caught all kinds of hell from the right for it.
And raising property taxes and state income taxes isn't "Balancing the books on the backs of the working class"?

did I say that is wasn't?
Unlike many on the right I can think in terms other than this or that.
I can actually think in terms of this and that.
But raising taxes on hedge fund managers and the top 1% is not doing it on the back of the working class.

I just have said for years that we must learn to live with less, the golden age of America is past.

How many hedge fund managers are there in Wisconsin?

And if that's the only reason you think unions were formed for then you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

And it's sad that someone so badly misinformed can spew out garbage about something while trying to sound like they know what their talking about.

You mean companies weren't exploiting workers for money?

I'll give you a few moments. I can tell you haven't given this any thought.

Huh??!! :confused:

And let's not forget, Walker got millions in savings in his budget by raising taxes on Wisconsin's low income workers:

Low-income taxpayers in Wisconsin would lose hundreds of dollars in tax credits a year under Gov. Scott Walker’s proposed budget — at the same time the governor wants tax cuts for businesses and investors to boost jobs.

I don't recall any tax increase in his budget. Please list a few.

Elimination of a low income worker tax credit. Depends on whether or not you view a tax credit elimination as a tax increase.

Neither have you, obviously. Care to explain? I'll wait. I want to know how companies exploited workers for their money.

The new law makes it illegal for public employees unions to bargain collectively for anything but wages, though there are exemptions for police and firefighters. It also imposes hurdles to union representation, bars the automatic collection of union dues from employees' paychecks and requires public employee unions to win certification elections every year with at least one vote more over 50 percent of all eligible employees - not just those participating in the election.

That destroys those unions effected.

Courthouse News Service
What's the problem with the bolded? What's more important to you -- the existence of the union, or the will of the workers?

Will of what workers? Are you claiming that the majority of public sector union workers in WI wanted their union to have to recertify every year?

Link please.

I don't think anything is keeping Buffet or anyone else from sending more of their money to the gov.

What does that have to do with the inequity in taxing those closer to the subsistence level at a higher rate than multi-billionaires?

What do you consider the subsistence level and what rate do you think they pay? About 47% of Americans pay ZERO federal income tax so their rate is ZERO.

And let's not forget, Walker got millions in savings in his budget by raising taxes on Wisconsin's low income workers:

Low-income taxpayers in Wisconsin would lose hundreds of dollars in tax credits a year under Gov. Scott Walker’s proposed budget — at the same time the governor wants tax cuts for businesses and investors to boost jobs.

Elimination of a low income worker tax credit. Depends on whether or not you view a tax credit elimination as a tax increase.

Oh they do. Just listen to them whine about a HUGE TAX INCREASE when Obama talks about eliminating or reducing the HUGE tax cuts Bush gave to the rich.

The new law makes it illegal for public employees unions to bargain collectively for anything but wages, though there are exemptions for police and firefighters. It also imposes hurdles to union representation, bars the automatic collection of union dues from employees' paychecks and requires public employee unions to win certification elections every year with at least one vote more over 50 percent of all eligible employees - not just those participating in the election.

Courthouse News Service
What's the problem with the bolded? What's more important to you -- the existence of the union, or the will of the workers?

Will of what workers? Are you claiming that the majority of public sector union workers in WI wanted their union to have to recertify every year?

Link please.

Yes he does and no, he cannot provide a link.

Neither have you, obviously. Care to explain? I'll wait. I want to know how companies exploited workers for their money.

You misunderstand. Companies exploited workers for profit. There is absolutely no debate possible about that.

Courthouse News Service

Link please.
If a majority of the workers want the union, the union will stay. If not, the union goes. What are you afraid of?

Link please.

Yes he does and no, he cannot provide a link.

No, I am not. You too seem to be afraid that the workers will choose to de-certify, despite your insistence that you know what's best for them.

He didn't use the word "only" once in his post...

Why do you assholes make shit up?

Ahhh... another internets victory claimer....:lol:

There are 2500 workers in WI that don't have to stand in the unemployment line... That's a good thing, no matter how tou want to spin it.... I'm pretty sure that these workers you like to exploit, given the choice of being employed and not being employed, would not choose the option of unemployment....

If I stopped supporting anyone who was also supported by an asshole, I wouldn't have anyone to support.

Cuomo has simply proven that all the Republican governors who have been insisting they HAD to destroy the public sector unions in order to get things done

are full of shit.

second time I am asking in this thread ...focus....and 'be careful'....

so the Wisconsin unions are destroyed? wow who knew..

can you link to that please?

third time I am asking in this thread ...focus....and 'be careful'....

Courthouse News Service

requires public employee unions to win certification elections every year with at least one vote more over 50 percent of all eligible employees - not just those participating in the election.
you are certifiable....really.

so lets take the only one that has actually been attempted to be suborned BY unions (They tried that shit on Delta airlines, they lost)...

...so; in your opinion if 100 members of the 400 members of a union show up and 51 vote yes, its a done deal? they are certified?

THAT, is exactly why I say, you are certifiable. Certifiably nuts.

the new law makes it illegal for public employees unions to bargain collectively for anything but wages, though there are exemptions for police and firefighters.

so what? how does this destroy the union(s)? exactly?

It also imposes hurdles to union representation,

like what?

bars the automatic collection of union dues from employees' paychecks

let the unions do their own solicitation ( of which under the old rules there was NONE, the state took it and sent it to the union) and accounting and paperwork.

how does this destroy the union? exactly?

Last edited:

Link please.
If a majority of the workers want the union, the union will stay. If not, the union goes. What are you afraid of?

see, he doesn't get it, because hes a dyed in the wool lefty;

you see in his and their eyes, its not the state that employs the union, there is no management OVER a union, no employer, the money paid to them is shit by unicorns....the unions just...."are" and not you , me any elected official you cannot touch them unless its tp pour more money on them.....

Allowing for recert, just as you alluded means squat.

Oh they do. Just listen to them whine about a HUGE TAX INCREASE when Obama talks about eliminating or reducing the HUGE tax cuts Bush gave to the rich.

I could explain the difference between cutting the top marginal rate and eliminating a tax credit, but you're a liberal, it would be a waste of time.

Forum List

Back