Wind Turbines Cause Climate Change

How about a few links to the actual "studies" that suggest these things? Your article mentions Wang et al, 2023 but did not have a hyperlink and I could find no such study involving wind parks and regional climate change. Do you know where it is? And since they did use the plural "studies", I assume there are more. Do you have any of them as well?
1] The RAMS model was used to explore the possible impacts of a large wind farm in the Great Plains region on the local meteorology over synoptic timescales under typical summertime conditions. A wind turbine was approximated as a sink of energy and source of turbulence. The wind farm was created by assuming an array of such turbines. Results show that the wind farm significantly slows down the wind at the turbine hub-height level. Additionally, turbulence generated by rotors create eddies that can enhance vertical mixing of momentum, heat, and scalars, usually leading to a warming and drying of the surface air and reduced surface sensible heat flux. This effect is most intense in the early morning hours when the boundary layer is stably stratified and the hub-height level wind speed is the strongest due to the nocturnal low-level jet. The impact on evapotranspiration is small.

How about a few links to the actual "studies" that suggest these things? Your article mentions Wang et al, 2023 but did not have a hyperlink and I could find no such study involving wind parks and regional climate change. Do you know where it is? And since they did use the plural "studies", I assume there are more. Do you have any of them as well?
Studies with global and regional climate models have shown that extremely large wind farms may have strong impacts on weather and climate at local, regional and global scales (Baidya Roy et al., 2004, Keith et al., 2004, Adams and Keith, 2007, Kirk-Davidoff and Keith, 2008, Barrie and Kirk-Davidoff, 2010, Wang and Prinn, 2010). A recent study by Baidya Roy and Traiteur (2010) was the first to provide observational evidence of meteorological impacts of wind farms. The observations were taken at 2 towers, one upwind and another downwind of the wind farm. Additionally, that study showed that the impacts are caused by enhanced vertical mixing due to turbulence in the wake of wind turbine rotors

this paper tries to show that the reported regional and global technological potential are flawed because they do not conserve the energetic balance on Earth, violating the first principle of energy conservation

I link stuff many, many, many times, you ignore too much Crick. I can provide a link to everything I post, I will not, you should come to the game educated and with common sense.

You can now stuff these 12 links up your... By Crick's rules, I win. I did not link to stupid articles, as crick does 9 out of 10 times. I linked to science, the science being produced by the same people who seem to like wind and solar power. Of course maybe they just say so, so that the government funds their passion

Read it and weep, loser!

understanding WT-atmosphere-surface interactions and assessing potential environmental impacts of WFs are of significant scientific, societal and economic importance. Here we review our progress in assessing potential impacts of onshore wind power on weather, climate and vegetation activity. A consensus is emerging based on observations and modeling studies that WFs cause a local to regional warming effect, particularly at nighttime, while the impacts on precipitation, wind patterns, crop yields and vegetation activity are uncertain. The warming effect results simply from vertical heat redistribution within the ABL due to turbine-enhanced vertical turbulent mixing in the wakes.

Crick, I replied 12 times to you question with links and sometimes quotes. That is 12 notifications that crick has ignored.

Crick, you are about as lost as a cricket in a field of asparagus. Crick lies through his teeth, or tooth. I provide links and technical data all the time but crick ignores the replies and continues the lie that only crick links.

This is what I asked for. These would be the "studies" that would have shown that German wind turbines were causing regional drought and affecting soil moisture. At the time I asked for them, you had posted ZERO links to such studies. That I have not responded to your absurd string of posts since might have something to do with you having posted 8 times in 6 minutes while I have been responding to dozens of other posts. Terribly sorry, but you do not rate my undivided attention. At all.

This is what I asked for. These would be the "studies" that would have shown that German wind turbines were causing regional drought and affecting soil moisture. At the time I asked for them, you had posted ZERO links to such studies.
I linked, quoted from the link, and commented on the link. More than you do crick.

Within the link you can follow it to the original German article, and it references which study they are quoting, exactly.

Crick you are a filthy liar, commented/quoted/linked, began this OP

Wind turbines are killing more birds than oil ever has.
That is incorrect.

That is incorrect.

I don't believe it.

Then feel free to find a reliable source that says otherwise.

No one has ever denied that wind turbines kill birds (and bats) and that everything possible should be done to try to reduce that. And the wind turbine industry has been actively researching the problem looking for effective solutions. However, the pollution and global warming from fossil fuel power plants does far more damage to birds than wind turbines and more die from other causes such as hunting, cars, cats and, deadliest of all, WINDOWS. Surely you have seen diagrams like this:

Bird_mortality_chart.jpg

AND

3000px-Bird_mortality.svg.png

No one has ever denied that wind turbines kill birds (and bats) and that everything possible should be done to try to reduce that. And the wind turbine industry has been actively researching the problem looking for effective solutions. However, the pollution and global warming from fossil fuel power plants does far more damage to birds than wind turbines and more die from other causes such as hunting, cars, cats and, deadliest of all, WINDOWS. Surely you have seen diagrams like this:

Bird_mortality_chart.jpg

AND

3000px-Bird_mortality.svg.png

Graphs are excellent for propaganda.

I believe that the primary cause of the warming observed since the Industrial Revolution is human greenhouse gas emissions; primarily CO2.
So what caused the ice ages and subsequent warming before man was around?

Forum List

Back