Will we have presidential debates in 2024 if Trump gets the nomination?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Just for fun. If Trump is the nominee in 2024, do you think we'll have debates?

And more importantly, what are your thoughts if Trump refuses to debate? Would you have a problem with that?

I'll guess "no", that he'd say the debates are rigged against him, and his followers will, uh, follow.

Absolutely.

I think the GOP nominee--whomever they are--would just ignore the GOP rule against their candidate debating in CPD debates. 30M viewers and a total of 4.5 hours of free nationwide media?

And more importantly, what are your thoughts if Trump refuses to debate? Would you have a problem with that?

I'll guess "no", that he'd say the debates are rigged against him, and his followers will, uh, follow.

The CPD needs no help in overcoming miscues. The GOP needs to realize they have an image problem...all anger/all the time isn't playing. Society is under no obligation to accommodate the perpetually angry for no other reason than that they are perpetually angry.

My question is this...if the GOP is so upset at having the allegedly slanted moderators...why aren't they holding debates with Elon Musk or Sean Hannity moderating? They can do whatever they want in their party debates.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if Biden could overcome his dementia long enough to debate Trump. If he lost his train of thought and wondered off the topic it could cost him the election. Plus he might get lost trying to find his way off the stage.

Didn't they already proclaim Biden won't do any .......I think so

Get that pedo up on the stage

Critically for Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and other potential independent or third-party candidates considering the race — like retiring Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) — the commission also said it’s keeping in place the 15 percent polling threshold to qualify for the debates. In order to earn an invitation, a candidate must be on the ballot in enough states to earn a majority of Electoral College votes, and average 15 percent in surveys conducted by five polling firms to be identified later.

No independent candidate has participated in a debate since Ross Perot in 1992. The latest RealClearPolitics average of a three-way race between Kennedy, President Joe Biden and Trump shows Kennedy with 14.7 percent, just shy of the commission’s threshold.

I love debates and think they're necessary for the electorate to understand who and what they're voting for. I hate how they've been run in the past with so many Candy Crowley and Chris Wallace moments, it's downright ridiculous. Anyone with half a grain of understanding of our strong MSM bias today would agree, which doesn't include leftists who are ignorant to MSM bias since it confirms their own.

I don't see anywhere who the moderators would be for the presidential debates so perhaps they haven't been chosen.

There are so many independent journalists today who could and would do a truly great and much more fair job at moderating but it appears to me that this commission is mainstream all the way.

Time for an alternative group to pick up this task or this commission to change its ways. Oh and Rona completely sucks and needs to be replaced yesterday.

The US is done debating.

What is there to debate?

We already know what we are getting with both candidates.

So, which two Presidents were best for you and the country?

Last edited:

No.

President Biden, bless his little heart, would be totally humiliated by The Donald.

Debates are out of the question -- even if The Donald is not the candidate.

President Biden's lack of mental acuity in a free-for-all debate would be pitiful and too sad to broadcast to the world.

Mac1958 is being his usual pro biden/pro democrat self by blaming the impasse on trump, then using a link that makes no mention of trump at all

No.

President Biden, bless his little heart, would be totally humiliated by The Donald.

Debates are out of the question -- even if The Donald is not the candidate.

President Biden's lack of mental acuity in a free-for-all debate would be pitiful and too sad to broadcast to the world.
Biden would play Trump just like he did last time in getting him to support the Proud Boys

But Trump will not show

What's there to debate? These two have brought us 12 trillion more in debt, an eastern proxy war adventure with russia to keep the ukraine laundromat rolling, and illegals coming across the border at record unprecedented levels.

Pssssst: Biden has refused to debate too

Forum List

Back