Will the World Like the US Better Under Obama?

who says eductaion isnt valued here?
no one, you idiot

This guy, for one:
But over the past few decades, the Republican Party has driven away people who live in cities, in highly educated regions and on the coasts. This expulsion has had many causes. But the big one is this: Republican political tacticians decided to mobilize their coalition with a form of social class warfare. Democrats kept nominating coastal pointy-heads like Michael Dukakis so Republicans attacked coastal pointy-heads.

Over the past 15 years, the same argument has been heard from a thousand politicians and a hundred television and talk-radio jocks. The nation is divided between the wholesome Joe Sixpacks in the heartland and the oversophisticated, overeducated, oversecularized denizens of the coasts.

What had been a disdain for liberal intellectuals slipped into a disdain for the educated class as a whole. The liberals had coastal condescension, so the conservatives developed their own anti-elitism, with mirror-image categories and mirror-image resentments, but with the same corrosive effect.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/10/opinion/10brooks.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin

How about the several people who posted the video bashing intellectuals? The McCain walk in NYC video.

Alpha and Allie, at least.
since when do "intellectuals" = education?

some might be highly educated, but have no common sense at all
so its not against education, just against giving them more credit than they deserve

since when do "intellectuals" = education?

Umm, what? Really? This is an absurd point, but since you insist, the movie also makes fun of people with PhD's. That equals a very high level of education.

So there you go.

Umm, what? Really? This is an absurd point, but since you insist, the movie also makes fun of people with PhD's. That equals a very high level of education.

So there you go.
uh, movie?
who the fuck is talking about a movie?

That would be me. Well I said video before, but if you can't recognize the connection, I can't help you much.
sorry, you must be talking about some video in another thread and got crossed up
there was none in this thread, so i havent got a clue what the fuck you are talking about
and, i'm not sure you do either ;)

sorry, you must be talking about some video in another thread and got crossed up
there was none in this thread, so i havent got a clue what the fuck you are talking about
and, i'm not sure you do either ;)

Maybe its the video I referred to when i said this:

How about the several people who posted the video bashing intellectuals? The McCain walk in NYC video.

Alpha and Allie, at least.

And no, its not in this thread, I didn't say it was.

I still haven't figured out how that video is "intellectual bashing" but oh well.

The US has a decent education system for the top 10-20%.. .the elite....none of whom believe in any religion....although politicians will pretend to..in order to get votes... as there are so many jesus freaks in the US... and admitting that you are a sane agnostic/atheist is a vote loser.

The rest are kept purposely uneducated and ignorant..so that they can be controlled. This explains why insane bible bashing christianity... similar to the taleban runs riot in the southern/mid west states......

It doesnt exist in Europe... because education is at a much higher level...and it is no restricted to the top 20%.

US possesses more religious extremists than any nation on earth...
Your a belligerent lunatic and in desperate need of thorazine.. and a straight jacket

I still haven't figured out how that video is "intellectual bashing" but oh well.

Gee how about the "area intellectuals boo and jeer them well, just as they have been taught to do"

Or maybe when it said the number of middle fingers is directly proportional to the number of PhD's in a ten block radius.

Maybe if you had gone to a better school you would have been able to figure that out:lol:

Forum List

Back