Will the World Like the US Better Under Obama?

At the moment the US has a huge PR problem. People outside its borders generally don't like it. Why? George Bush and a bullying "do as we tell you, not as we do" big stick being waved. I think Obama has the ability to make the US back into one of the most well liked nations again. It'll take a while, and a lot of hard work, but he can do it. His biggest problem will be whether he kowtows to certain lobby groups within the US political system.

Plain and simple; yes. The world clearly likes Obama more then McCain and Obama is willing to work with the rest of the world to accomplish our goals; something they appreciate. McCain may have foreign policy experience, but he is of the old school "screw the world, America does what it wants." When it comes to foreign policy, McCain would be Bush reincarnate. We can all see how far that has gotten us.

But But the UK is free from Russian tyranny, last i heard and we (USA) have military bases all over Europe??? I guess them mushroomed fireballs over Japan changed their minds ???. No actually we (USA) were'nt in Europe during WWII just to save the Brits nor anyone else for that matter(well we did slow down the total annihilation of the Brits lol), we were there to get the German military secrets before the Russians could...Then we let the Russians still the secrets to the Manhatten Project ooops there goes the neighborhood lol.

THe US got involved in WW2 ..for one reason only.

To stop a single power controlling Europe.

There was no altruistic intention...there never is with the US or any other nation ..when it comes to military action.

Assuming Obama wins, no the world isn't going to like us more. If he returns the US to the "all give no take" policy we had before, the "world" might make a little less noise, but that's about it.

The world has been villifying and blaming everything on the US since it no longer needed us to protect it from communist aggression. It hasn't mattered who was President at the time.

This is merely another bunch of junk laid on Bush by the left that started way before him.

As far as Obama goes, he's from one of the most corrupt political systems in this nation and the people around him are crooks or kooks. It doesn't even matter if the lobbies own his ass because they own Congress.

Check out these 2 websites plz

Obama Crimes

Power Line Forum | Federal Suit: Obama Not A ?Natural Born Citizen,? Obama & DNC Try To Delay Production of Obama?s Birth Certificate ’Till After Election

Check out this website...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0xzsogzAk]YouTube - John McCain's ads are LIES. Here's the video proof.[/ame]

No one is questioning that the US helped in defeating Germany (allthough I would say that the impact of the Asian front was bigger), however there are a lot of arguments about the way each member contributed.
And as a German: The Wehrmacht was ultimatly crushed by the Red Army which suffered incredible losses by doing so.

Yes, I think that's basically true.

Of course don't dicount the benefits the Russians had because the German Air force was basically broken before the Russians started their march to Berlin, either. We can thank the Brits (and all the other allies who flew with them during the Battle of Britian_ for that.

Remember also that long before D-Day our army air corps were dying at rates higher than any other unit in the war in order to destroy Germany's military industries.

Had there been no Western Front, I am not entirely sure that Russians would have beaten Germany. Certainly they'd have paid an even dearer price to do so.

Had there been no Eastern front I am pretty sure that the Germans would have been able to stop the D-Day invasion.

Germany would have had about five times as many troops waiting for that invasion, without an Eastern Front

And given how difficult it was for the allies to get a toehold in the continent, I am not at all sure we'd have succeeded if the Germans weren't already embroiled trying to keep the Russians at bay.

It took the combined efforts of both fronts to defeat Germany, folks.

American who demand that the EUROs show their appreciation, pretending as they are wont to do, that Americans won the war without the aid of EUROPEANS are simply chauvinistic morons. They're eaither historic ignoramouses or lying to yank EUROs chains,

EUROs who discount the value of the help that Americans brought to the defeat of the Hun?

Likewise chauvinistic morons or liars.

Last edited:
From a military point of view, the pre D-Day attacks by the US Air force did not do a lot.
The scope was comparable to the German "Blitz" on England, which also failed to affect Great Britains War capacity in a significant way, and Germany was, due to having more resources and a more disciplined population, arguably less suspectible to Aerial attacks.
I would wager that focusing on the Luftwaffe directly would have been a better use of Aerial US manpower.

Considering the question of a 1 on 1 between the USSR and Germany,
von Manstein (German Feldmarshall) implied that the window of a German victory closed at the failure of the first and second offensives, and the fact that Japan did not enter the war on Germanys side. Both things happened a lot earlier before significant US aid materialized.
He does make a (propably scewed towards Germany) assesment that a Remis may have been possible in a 1on1.

However, the US and British intervention doubtlessly saved countless of Russian lifes.

You and several other posters here.... merely prove the theory... as to why the US still has religious stone age freaks...

Religion thrives in countries in which education is not valued.
who says eductaion isnt valued here?
no one, you idiot

who says eductaion isnt valued here?
no one, you idiot

The US has a decent education system for the top 10-20%.. .the elite....none of whom believe in any religion....although politicians will pretend to..in order to get votes... as there are so many jesus freaks in the US... and admitting that you are a sane agnostic/atheist is a vote loser.

The rest are kept purposely uneducated and ignorant..so that they can be controlled. This explains why insane bible bashing christianity... similar to the taleban runs riot in the southern/mid west states......

It doesnt exist in Europe... because education is at a much higher level...and it is no restricted to the top 20%.

US possesses more religious extremists than any nation on earth...

The US has a decent education system for the top 10-20%.. .the elite....none of whom believe in any religion....although politicians will pretend to..in order to get votes... as there are so many jesus freaks in the US... and admitting that you are a sane agnostic/atheist is a vote loser.

The rest are kept purposely uneducated and ignorant..so that they can be controlled. This explains why insane bible bashing christianity... similar to the taleban runs riot in the southern/mid west states......

It doesnt exist in Europe... because education is at a much higher level...and it is no restricted to the top 20%.

US possesses more religious extremists than any nation on earth...
you have shown over and over how LITTLE you really know about the USA, so why would you think anyone would believe the nonsense you keep posting
and as for religious extremists, there are several countries with WAY more than HERE

In absolute numbers?
The population of Irak or Saudi Arabia aint that big.
China does not have religious fanatics (apart form the Dalai Lama lol :D ), India has quite a number but they only burn churches in their own counties and keep a lower profile.
I am not aware of a large amount of fanatics in other populous (200 million + states), countries so, in absolute numbers, the US may be quite up.
In relative percentages most certainly not.
In addition, the hard core fanatical nut countries have a legislation that aids the fanatics.
This is not the case in the US too.

I would say that the US has a very "vocal" fundamentalist population, leading to them beeing overreported in the media.

THe US got involved in WW2 ..for one reason only.

To stop a single power controlling Europe.

There was no altruistic intention...there never is with the US or any other nation ..when it comes to military action.

Nonsense.

We'd have fallen all over ourselves to help if the Brits had been attempting to take over all of Europe, believe me.

Our leadership has been overtly Anglophile ever since we said goodbye to Andrew Jackson.

Forum List

Back