Will the Valentine's Day massacre change minds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last one didn't ...

I am going to begin asking this question in every forum.

There are federal standards for safety on construction site.....but NOT federal standards for schools...

WHY IS THAT?

Are construction workers more important than our kids in school?
It sure seems they are.

There are federal standards for safety on construction site.....but NOT federal standards for schools...

WHY IS THAT?

It sure seems they are.

There are plenty of federal standards for schools, just not ones that decree schools have to be designed like prisons.

Liberalism is the disease affecting todays youth.....to make a difference it must be removed from schools

Another thread? Really?
Short answer to OP. NO.
Longer answer below from CDZ...
I would rather see a conversation about how our culture and education system has been failing males for the last several decades. How our society feels the need to overmedicate youth.
Our failure to keep dangerous mentally ill people from harming others. A permissive culture that glorifies violence from movies to video games with imagery no youth should be absorbing at a young age. A culture where personal responsibility died long ago.

This crap didn't happen during my school years and no one would have even entertained the idea.
Our culture is sick, and our youth are the victims.

Will there be an actual discussion? No, easier to blame a gun.

WHY IS THAT?

It sure seems they are.

There are plenty of federal standards for schools, just not ones that decree schools have to be designed like prisons.

Tell that to a parent if one the dead kids. See if they agree...

WHY IS THAT?

It sure seems they are.

Appeal to emotion. try again.

IF one /actually/ wished to prevent school shootings they would openly explore the base "causes" for them, rather than lazily argue for additional ineffective "feel good" regulations, JS

WHY IS THAT?

It sure seems they are.

Appeal to emotion. try again.
Oh my, we are not supposed to get emotional about our kids? Only about our guns?

So let us get this straight, you fellows thing that the ability to own assault weapons, and sell them at vast profit, is far more important than the lives of our children. Well, hoorah for you, and may you reap what you have sown. This valentines gift from the NRA is just more of the same. No reason to get excited, I mean for what do we need 17 American young people for? God, you evil fuckers are disgusting. May you reap what you have sown.

IF one /actually/ wished to prevent school shootings they would openly explore the base "causes" for them, rather than lazily argue for additional ineffective "feel good" regulations, JS
You mean a culture of gun worship is not a base cause? Look at the magazine rack in our stores. You see magazine after magazine celebrating 'tactical weapons' aka weapons of war. We see the right promoting guns as a solution to all problems. And the crazies take all this to heart, and we see murder in our schools and streets.

Well, removing the guns that are designed only for the murder of our fellow man from the market is a small, but significant step, in the right direction.

That's not gonna get boring very fast.

Are 17 dead kids boring? Really?

Fake outrage in the name of a political agenda is more boring than a Summer School Math Class.

Bored-Student-Feature-Image.jpg
You fucking bastard, you think that the number of times that our children have been slaughtered in school is not an outrage? A political agenda to remove the tools used for that slaughter is entirely in reason. Which is more than I can say for your attitude. But then, you may be heavily invested in the businesses that profit from the sale of these weapons of slaughter. And when there is profit to be had, who cares about a few of someone else's brats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back