Will the real christian god stand up?

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
An interesting bible passage ID's the Christian god, from his own mouth,...his name is jealous. This is significant because it shows he is not the only god, but only one god among many, as Genesis tells you in the unedited version, "And the Gods made heaven and earth," and as the Egyptian religion set in stone thousands of years before that RA lorded over all lesser Gods and were directed by him. Then there is the Muslim God Allah, and on and on I suppose. Once you understand there are other Gods, you can then understand Genesis, your beginning.

It’s right there in the Bible, at Exodus 34:14. Moses has trudged up Mount Sinai with a second pair of stone tablets, on which God will write the Ten Commandments. Moses and the Big G engage in some repartee, then God says:

“For thou shalt worship no other god: for the lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God”

That is very interesting, and it is a source of contemplation. We know there are demons, devils, and angels...some of whom set themselves up for worship. What we don't know is whether by saying "no other gods before me" God was saying that there are other gods, or if He is just saying he won't tolerate people ESTABLISHING other gods.

I think there is a difference between the meaning of the word "God" and "gods". So much of what is ambiguous in the Bible relates directly to definition and context.

That is very interesting, and it is a source of contemplation. We know there are demons, devils, and angels...some of whom set themselves up for worship. What we don't know is whether by saying "no other gods before me" God was saying that there are other gods, or if He is just saying he won't tolerate people ESTABLISHING other gods.

I think there is a difference between the meaning of the word "God" and "gods". So much of what is ambiguous in the Bible relates directly to definition and context.

Seems to me, if you read Genesis you will see other gods & sons of Gods exist, just as the idol, son of god, jesus did. And sons took women from the men as their wives. How much clearer can the text get before the "gods" are recognized as existing? The monolithic approach is wrong, and Biblical scholars acknowledge that.

Genesis 6
The Wickedness and Judgment of Man
1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.

3 And the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive[a] with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

==============

Genesis 1
Young's Literal Translation

1 In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth

The original Hebrew word usually translated as "God" here is elohim, which is actually the plural form. Literally, this verse reads, "in the beginning, the GODS created the heavens and the earth." This is one of several places in the Bible where God is referred to in the plural. Biblical scholars conclude that these fragments are left over from an early part of Hebrew history when the Jewish religion was, like every other religion on earth at the time, polytheistic, with more than one god. During this time, the god Yahweh was a storm god, one of many others.

Last edited:
An interesting bible passage ID's the Christian god, from his own mouth,...his name is jealous. This is significant because it shows he is not the only god, but only one god among many, as Genesis tells you in the unedited version, "And the Gods made heaven and earth," and as the Egyptian religion set in stone thousands of years before that RA lorded over all lesser Gods and were directed by him. Then there is the Muslim God Allah, and on and on I suppose. Once you understand there are other Gods, you can then understand Genesis, your beginning.

It’s right there in the Bible, at Exodus 34:14. Moses has trudged up Mount Sinai with a second pair of stone tablets, on which God will write the Ten Commandments. Moses and the Big G engage in some repartee, then God says:

“For thou shalt worship no other god: for the lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God”

Exodus 34:14 - For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

A few years ago when I first seen that verse that His Name is even "Jealous" I was in awe and wonder. My faith was increased, I was amazed..and comforted.

I believe it can be likened to a father on earth being "jealous" for his children. They are his children, but they sometimes rebel against him. They may even go elsewhere looking for help, but he knows best and he knows he knows best.

Our Father in Heaven, Abba, knows what's best for us most of all and He loves us more than we can imagine. But He also knew that we as His children sometimes rebel against Him also, and He made a huge sacrifice for that (Jesus Christ), but yet still some still rebel. He doesn't want us to go to other false "gods", but to Him first and foremost, the One Who made us in His image.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The Exodus verse helped give me a glimpse of how much the LORD loves us (though I think I can barely fathom sometimes) and wants us to look to Him first, and have no other "gods" before Him.

In Buddhism, jealousy is considered one of the five poisons of the mind. It wouldn't be something valuable that a god would have. It interesting that so many people concieve of God as angry, righteous, punishing, and jealous. Not much of a role model, IMO.

Exodus 34:14 - For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

A few years ago when I first seen that verse that His Name is even "Jealous" I was in awe and wonder. My faith was increased, I was amazed..and comforted.

I believe it can be likened to a father on earth being "jealous" for his children. They are his children, but they sometimes rebel against him. They may even go elsewhere looking for help, but he knows best and he knows he knows best.

Our Father in Heaven, Abba, knows what's best for us most of all and He loves us more than we can imagine. But He also knew that we as His children sometimes rebel against Him also, and He made a huge sacrifice for that (Jesus Christ), but yet still some still rebel. He doesn't want us to go to other false "gods", but to Him first and foremost, the One Who made us in His image.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The Exodus verse helped give me a glimpse of how much the LORD loves us (though I think I can barely fathom sometimes) and wants us to look to Him first, and have no other "gods" before Him.

The revelation of the Jesus Christ and the Trinity comes by the Spirit of God. Not from other men (or women). So I could I try to explain, but until you actually have devine revelation and knowledge by God's Spirit Himself, that Jesus Christ is Lord of lords, God the Son, King of kings, that He came in the flesh, you will misunderstand it. Even afterward, it is a great mystery. One God, three persons.

This site may help, if you like that is.. on a couple of these.

What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?

What does the Bible mean by “you are gods” / "ye are gods" in Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34?

Is Jesus God’s Son? How could Allah, being one, have a Son?

There are three aspects taught in Buddhism too. They are referred to as the Three Kayas. Dharmakaya, Sambhoghakaya, Nirmanakaya.

Last edited:
In Buddhism, jealousy is considered one of the five poisons of the mind. It wouldn't be something valuable that a god would have. It interesting that so many people concieve of God as angry, righteous, punishing, and jealous. Not much of a role model, IMO.

Not sure if this will help or not, but I think you have a partner, correct? How would you feel if she cheated on you? Would you feel betrayed? Jealous? Why? Because you love her, right?

Now, I realize you don't believe in Him, but perhaps try to think about this.... God created us in His image, He's given us His Word to guide us. But instead, we kick against Him, and go to everyone or everything else but Him. It's spiritual adultery.

The very God who made us loves us so much. I can understand why He is jealous if we go elsewhere besides Him.

I gotta run, maybe pick this up later.

Not sure if this will help or not, but I think you have a partner, correct? How would you feel if she cheated on you? Would you feel betrayed? Jealous? Why? Because you love her, right?

Now, I realize you don't believe in Him, but perhaps try to think about this.... God created us in His image, He's given us His Word to guide us. But instead, we kick against Him, and go to everyone or everything else but Him. It's spiritual adultery.

The very God who made us loves us so much. I can understand why He is jealous if we go elsewhere besides Him.

I don't agree

Jealousy is a human emotion, and it causes harm. It is not a "Godly" quality. But no problem, you stay on your side and I'll stay on mine. We can still be good neighbors.
Bye.

No more conversion stuff, ok? Buddha is not a god, and certainly not false. Can we have a discussion without the preaching?

Last edited:
Yeah this is the first time I've heard the word jealousy spoken of positively.

If my girlfriend cheated on me I wouldn't be jealous of the other guy, I'd be disappointed/angry with her and angry that the relationship ended.

Yeah this is the first time I've heard the word jealousy spoken of positively.

If my girlfriend cheated on me I wouldn't be jealous of the other guy, I'd be disappointed/angry with her and angry that the relationship ended.

The antidote to jealousy in Buddhism is sympathetic joy. God needs to study with the Buddha so he can learn to be less jealous of others and more happy when we're joyous without him.

Christianity is strange. It takes something negative like jealousy, pride, righteous anger, judgment and criticism, and makes it positive when God or a Christian does it.

I'm so glad, I'm not a Christian. What a confusing path.

Last edited:

I don't agree

Jealousy is a human emotion, and it causes harm. It is not a "Godly" quality. But no problem, you stay on your side and I'll stay on mine. We can still be good neighbors.
Bye.

No more conversion stuff, ok? Buddha is not a god, and certainly not false. Can we have a discussion without the preaching?

Sky, you have made it abundantly clear you are not converting, nor could I convert you personally anyway. This is a dicussion of what we believe, and yes it totally differs.
LOL, That's no fair that you can answer me, but I can't answer you, eh? What's up with that? You may not like how I answer, as you think of it as preaching, but it what I believe. Just as you have your beliefs in Buddhism.

As for trying to understand more on the Jealousy of God...if you'd like (please, just ignore this if not interested) perhaps this link will help better explain. Bye!

Why is God a jealous God?

Perhaps a practical example will help us understand the difference. If a husband sees another man flirting with his wife, he is right to be jealous, for only he has the right to flirt with his wife. This type of jealousy is not sinful. Rather, it is entirely appropriate. Being jealous for something that God declares to belong to you is good and appropriate. Jealousy is a sin when it is a desire for something that does not belong to you. Worship, praise, honor, and adoration belong to God alone, for only He is truly worthy of it. Therefore, God is rightly jealous when worship, praise, honor, or adoration is given to idols. This is precisely the jealousy the apostle Paul described in 2 Corinthians 11:2, “I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy...”

Jealousy is not "envy" or coveting something that isn't yours.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/jealousy

1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.
3. vigilance in maintaining or guarding something. EXPAND
4. a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

Last edited:

I don't agree

Bye.

Sky, you have made it abundantly clear you are not converting, nor could I convert you personally anyway. This is a dicussion of what we believe, and yes it totally differs.
LOL, That's no fair that you can answer me, but I can't answer you, eh? What's up with that? You may not like how I answer, as you think of it as preaching, but it what I believe. Just as you have your beliefs in Buddhism.

As for trying to understand more on the Jealousy of God...if you'd like (please, just ignore this if not interested) perhaps this link will help better explain. Bye!

Perhaps a practical example will help us understand the difference. If a husband sees another man flirting with his wife, he is right to be jealous, for only he has the right to flirt with his wife. This type of jealousy is not sinful. Rather, it is entirely appropriate. Being jealous for something that God declares to belong to you is good and appropriate. Jealousy is a sin when it is a desire for something that does not belong to you. Worship, praise, honor, and adoration belong to God alone, for only He is truly worthy of it. Therefore, God is rightly jealous when worship, praise, honor, or adoration is given to idols. This is precisely the jealousy the apostle Paul described in 2 Corinthians 11:2, “I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy...”

Jealousy | Define Jealousy at Dictionary.com

1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.

You continually seek to convince me that your way of viewing jealousy is correct and mine is wrong.

That's not having a discussion, that's you trying to overpower my beliefs with your own.

If you choose to believe a jealous is a good thing, that's your choice. It's not mine. I find the Christian way of attributing negative human emotions to God to be strange. Your God is angry, righteous, punishing, smoting, and jealous.

No thanks. You can keep him.

You're all about preaching sweetie. It's ok. It won't work with me.

Last edited:

Understand your begining? Not only that. But you understand your destiny.

"As man now is, God once was; as God now is, Man can become."

We have seen in the New Testament the Condescension of God. The Word became Flesh. Why?

To make us joint heirs with Christ recieving all the Father has. To make us partakers of the Divine nature.

Yes. God is the the God of gods. The Lord of lords. And we are the children of God. Destined to follow in our Father's footsteps if we choose to do so.

We are created in God's image. Why would we have a role model who we cannot possibly follow?

I don't agree

Bye.

Jealousy | Define Jealousy at Dictionary.com

Of course it's not fair. This is how the pig that is Sky operates.

She can say any outrageous thing she cares to.

Anyone else says anything, she'll do anything within her power to shut them down. She has admitted she wishes it were legally possible to do so. She has stated that she wants the children of Christians removed from their care if they dare to indoctrinate them into Christianity. She wants Christians banned from many professions, and she would like to see them jailed for speaking of their faith publicly.

So it makes perfect sense that she tells you not to speak of your faith. OF COURSE she tells you not to speak of your faith. Because she wants Christians persecuted and oppressed, end of story.

What makes you think he's not sitting down now? Or standing up for that matter? It's not like there's anything there to "see".

What makes you think he's not sitting down now? Or standing up for that matter? It's not like there's anything there to "see".

There certainly is something to see. God does show Himself to people. Most of us simply aren't prepared. I know I'm not.

We are created in God's image. Why would we have a role model who we cannot possibly follow?

So you don't follow the idol Jesus?

Because she wants Christians persecuted and oppressed, end of story.

"Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12)

"For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake" (Philippians 1:29)

Your god tells you are going to suffer and be persecuted and oppressed. What? You hoping for a free ride?? LOL!

Forum List

Back