God's Law is the Only Law...

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
This is a good article about Christian Reconstructionism in the U.S., and several high profile reconstructionists, including Michelle Bachman.

God?s Law is the Only Law: The Genesis of Michele Bachmann | Politics | Religion Dispatches

The claim that powerful, anti-Christian forces aim to undermine God’s “truth” lies at the heart of the IOTC’s and Titus’ conception of the constitutional roles of government and religion. Titus insists that Christians are discriminated against by these conventional interpretations of the Establishment Clause, which are at odds with his own, and which he contends have contributed to the treatment of Christians as “second-class citizens.”

“I would say to you that someone who holds a Christian view such as Michele Bachmann does would be much more accommodating of different views than any liberals,” he told me, because her views would permit the public posting of the Ten Commandments, for example, but a liberal’s would not.

That’s because, of course, under a “liberal” (i.e., accepted by the Supreme Court, at least for now) view of the First Amendment’s Establishment Clause, the government cannot act in a way that does, or appears to, endorse a particular religion.

Titus contends, however, that religion, as used in the Establishment Clause (“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion”) does not mean, well, a religion. Rather, Titus insists that this clause means that Congress cannot make you do anything that you are otherwise commanded by God to do: in other words, Congress cannot flout God.

This article undermines claims by Allie and Avatar that christians are under attack. Rather, it appears that it is our secular legal system which some whackadoo reconstructionists are trying to undermine in order to substitute "God's Law" (i.e. theocracy) for "Man's Law."

I find the christian reconstructionist movement extremely interesting, especially considering that there is now at least one congresswoman, and perhaps more, who is an open reconstructionist. And, bear in mind that Christian reconstructionists are very focused on old testament legalism. Anyway, enjoy.

Forum List

Back