Will the new China tariffs hit the Left Coast very hard?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Truck and train shipments of Chinese good is a rather large part of the economy on the west coast but the knock on effects could be even bigger than the primary decline from San Diego to Vancouver BC. What's your opinion?

Tariffs on iPhones, toys and other Chinese-made goods coming Sept. 1, Trump says - CNN
vable that this President
The amazing thing about Trump's tariff taxes on the American people is that he claims, and his supporters believe, that China is the one paying the tariffs and not the American consumers. What Trump believes and says doesn't matter. He does not have the economic education and smarts to understand tariffs in the first place.

Someone told him that he was hurting American farmers, so, fearful of losing votes, he gave them a giant bailout. Well, Mr. President, what about the American consumers? How about a bailout for them? Or are you convinced that those who vote for you are so dumb, they believe the tariffs are only hurting Democrats and China?

Unbelievable that this President and his voters are this dumb! Bigly!!!

Tariffs on iPhones, toys and other Chinese-made goods coming Sept. 1, Trump says - CNN
The amazing thing about Trump's tariff taxes on the American people is that he claims, and his supporters believe, that China is the one paying the tariffs and not the American consumers. What Trump believes and says doesn't matter. He does not have the economic education and smarts to understand tariffs in the first place.

Someone told him that he was hurting American farmers, so, fearful of losing votes, he gave them a giant bailout. Well, Mr. President, what about the American consumers? How about a bailout for them? Or are you convinced that those who vote for you are so dumb, they believe the tariffs are only hurting Democrats and China?

You capitulate to the Communists, I'm glad Trump isn't

There is no law that you must buy Chinese made junk. So don't. If they pass the costs on to you, drop them like a bad habit.

The fight is now or never, for the good of global liberty. I say anyone who doesn't see this, is blind or would prefer short term personal profits over long term freedom.

Truck and train shipments of Chinese good is a rather large part of the economy on the west coast but the knock on effects could be even bigger than the primary decline from San Diego to Vancouver BC. What's your opinion?

I think it will hurt the west coast and will ripple through the entire US. The risk he is taking could far out weigh any benefits in the future.

You do realize that when shit China goods end up the same price as US goods, then more US goods will be bought? Are you saying that US goods cost too much because the minimum wages are too high compared to China who only pays 50 cents a day? Should our minimum wages be 50 cents a day so our companies can compete?

I think it will hurt the west coast and will ripple through the entire US. The risk he is taking could far out weigh any benefits in the future.
True. The question is how close is the current regime to one of China's warring states periods I tend to agree with Gordan Chang's opinion and you obviously don't.

How so? Have you even acknowledged the devastation the U.S economy has had to experience the last 2 decades?

It's interesting how we look back in history and hear about how companies did business with the Nazis. Yet, so many businesses are helping Communist China as they spy on American and CIA agents go dark within their borders.

The Hong Kong protests and the very real probability of regime collapse is growing at the same time Chinese are fleeing China for any place that will take them,

The Hong Kong protests and the very real probability of regime collapse is growing at the same time Chinese are fleeing China for any place that will take them,

These are good signs. The citizens of China need global support, NOT, helping their oppressors.

I and others know better-I just won't buy Chinese-I'll buy American. You buy Chinese and complain-you now have permission.

I and others know better-I just won't buy Chinese-I'll buy American. You buy Chinese and complain-you now have permission.

I agree, I try to stay away from Chinese imports.

If China is not able to export to the biggest economy in world, which the USMCA is creates a huge problem for China.

/—-/ no you dumbass, we know how tariffs and taxes affect consumer prices. As it’s been dumbed down for you libtards to understand it’s a strategy to get the Chinkes to stop the tariffs on US goods and to stop stealing our IP.

The truly funny aspect of this crisis is that the Chinese government purportedly believes that Trump will lose in 2020:

Despite tariffs hitting CA, OR and WA very hard in 23 days with another hard strike against nearly all blue states coming seven months later with most red states benefiting quite nicely from internal capital flight within the US due to the second coming of SALT;

Then there are the Biden grope videos in the nomination and possibly the general election campaigns.

And the default D ticket is Sanders/Warren.

So, what is the Chinese GOTH plan when this strategy blows up in their face?

Forum List

Back