Will the National GOP learn from Virginia?

That in a swing state, voters would rather have a corrupt Democrat has-been than a Tea Party standard-bearer.

Reality hurts sometimes.

Is he really a Tea Party standard-bearer though? He seems more like a bible-thumping Santorum type to me.

Read the first amendment you bigot.

So is that a yes or a no? <<Rhetorical question. Obvious non sequitur fail is obvious.

Regardless, I just spent a great deal of time discussing the Tea Party with a lot of people who actually support the movement and have even attended rallies. According to them, the Tea Party doesn't care about social issues and have a laser focus on fiscal issues and restoring constitutional principles. From what I've read about this guy, that shoe doesn't fit.

He is a dimocrap shill and if that would be known from the beginning he would not siphon votes.
Cuchinelli did not have any support from GOP money and coming at the end with less than 2% difference( with a dimocrap scum stealing 6%) is a pretty good result - much better than last year.

according to the exit polling, the people who voted for the independent, the count came out from the exit polling was 50/50 ... deal with it...

now heres the part that will piss you off particularly ... the party that wins Virginia wins the countries election... in other words can you deal with the lost of the republicans in 2014 ???? I know I can

Complete and utter bullshit. I could say there is zero evidence to support such a partisan conclusion, but that would be too obvious. :(
the I would say to you go and read the excit polling on the election... thats where I got it .... oh wait that's something your types don't do ... go and look at the facts .... never mind my bad ...

P.S
CNN Don't blame McDonnell
If Cuccinelli loses, he can't blame his defeat on scandal-plagued outgoing GOP Gov. Bob McDonnell or third-party Libertarian candidate Robert Sarvis. Virginia voters actually approve of McDonnell's job performance by 12 points (53%-41%). And if Sarvis had not been in the race, exit polls indicate McAuliffe would have beaten Cuccinelli by 7 points (50%-43%).

Last edited:
[. . .]And Federal Employees.... Union scum to the core, vote overwhelmingly dimocrap. Why not? They make double what the same job pays in the Private Sector. [...]

And because that's promoted by most conservatives as an indictment on unions as opposed to private sector greed, many non-union laborers are compelled to vote democrat.

Oh, and while I realize that you probably love rereading the entirety of your own posts over and over again, don't bother chastising me for excerpting the point I wished to address. That's just how adults communicate.

I will agree with the bomb throwers that Cuccinelli's social agenda did not play well, but I would think that is obvious. It was nuts.

McAuliffe is a typical carpetbagging sleazeball pos that has no business in public office and will likely disgrace himself as Governor.

Those were your choices. If Dems want to spike the football...have fun. You had to outspend a social conservative nutjob 10:1 to barely eck out a win. What does that say about McAuliffe or the Democrat Party right now?

according to the exit polling, the people who voted for the independent, the count came out from the exit polling was 50/50 ... deal with it...

now heres the part that will piss you off particularly ... the party that wins Virginia wins the countries election... in other words can you deal with the lost of the republicans in 2014 ???? I know I can

Complete and utter bullshit. I could say there is zero evidence to support such a partisan conclusion, but that would be too obvious. :(
the I would say to you go and read the excit polling on the election... thats where I got it .... oh wait that's something your types don't do ... go and look at the facts .... never mind my bad ...

Exit polls indicated a majority of Virginians do not like Obamacare, and want it repealed. Is that the exit poll you're talking about?

Is he really a Tea Party standard-bearer though? He seems more like a bible-thumping Santorum type to me.

So is that a yes or a no? <<Rhetorical question. Obvious non sequitur fail is obvious.

Regardless, I just spent a great deal of time discussing the Tea Party with a lot of people who actually support the movement and have even attended rallies. According to them, the Tea Party doesn't care about social issues and have a laser focus on fiscal issues and restoring constitutional principles. From what I've read about this guy, that shoe doesn't fit.

[MENTION=27995]Uncensored2008[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43831]RKMBrown[/MENTION]

If I'm wrong, please tell me why.

You don't think Libertarians are as afraid of having their kids shot by a Second Amendment Originalist as most people are?

This is where your side loses people like me.

A disarmed population poses no threat to government tyranny.

Tea Party folks are generally not that in to social issues. They hate Obamacare, what they see as Government intrusiveness and power, and are very concerned about the deficit.
Tea Party people in Virginia were not overly fond of Cuccinelli. I don't think too many people of any political position were thrilled with his social agenda. That is why he lost the election. He is a religious nut. Calling Cuccinelli a Tea Party candidate is media bullshit to lull and appease the sheep.

The Republicans may not need to learn too much from Virginia.

Given that they took the Governor's Mansion in New Jersey.

And given the devastation that ObamaCare seems likely to inflict upon the Democrats in coming months.

If I was a loyal Party Man -type Democrat, I'd be sweating my ass off over that one, beginning right about now.

Last edited:
I will agree with the bomb throwers that Cuccinelli's social agenda did not play well, but I would think that is obvious. It was nuts.

McAuliffe is a typical carpetbagging sleazeball pos that has no business in public office and will likely disgrace himself as Governor.

Those were your choices. If Dems want to spike the football...have fun. You had to outspend a social conservative nutjob 10:1 to barely eck out a win. What does that say about McAuliffe or the Democrat Party right now?

considered it spiked ... and as I said looks like the republicans will be losing election after election ....you my republican friend will be pissed as hell for the next 10 years ...

considered it spiked ... and as I said looks like the republicans will be losing election after election ....you my republican friend will be pissed as hell for the next 10 years ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbU3zdAgiX8]All I Have To Do Is Dream - Everly Brothers - YouTube[/ame]

The third party candidate elected McAuliffe. Thats what those on the right need to learn from this election.

Conservatives and libertarians need to wake the fuck up and realize that backing a far right candidate will always help elect the democrat.

Yes, its always a choice between the lesser of two evils, and we saw it in 08, 12, and now in Va.

if voters want obamacare fixed, why would the elect the idiot party that shut down the fking govt instead of fixing it? That's the question the gop has to answer. Hillary is old, but most consider her competent.

Tea Party folks are generally not that in to social issues. They hate Obamacare, what they see as Government intrusiveness and power, and are very concerned about the deficit.
Tea Party people in Virginia were not overly fond of Cuccinelli. I don't think too many people of any political position were thrilled with his social agenda. That is why he lost the election. He is a religious nut. Calling Cuccinelli a Tea Party candidate is media bullshit to lull and appease the sheep.

But, he would have been better than the idiot you allowed to be elected. Thats the point. Wake up!

But, he would have been better than the idiot you allowed to be elected. Thats the point. Wake up!

I voted for Cuccinelli because his social agenda is all governed by Federal Law, and he can't do a damn thing about it. Abortion = Federal Law. Birth Control = DEA & Federal Law. Discriminate against Gays. Nope, you can't...Federal Law. Sodomy Laws. Nope. Supreme Court has already addressed it. Federal Law.

McAuliffe being a sleaze bag pos. Nothing to stop that. Nothing.

I voted Democrat for Lt. Gov because the Republican candidate made Cuccinelli look sane. So I guess you could say I split the ticket. I personally know the Republican Attorney General. He is a very good man. I voted for him, and he won.

I voted for Cuccinelli because his social agenda is all governed by Federal Law, and he can't do a damn thing about it. Abortion = Federal Law. Birth Control = DEA & Federal Law. Discriminate against Gays. Nope, you can't...Federal Law. Sodomy Laws. Nope. Supreme Court has already addressed it. Federal Law.

McAuliffe being a sleaze bag pos. Nothing to stop that. Nothing.

I voted Democrat for Lt. Gov because the Republican candidate made Cuccinelli look sane. So I guess you could say I split the ticket. I personally know the Republican Attorney General. He is a very good man. I voted for him, and he won.

sounds like you based your vote on logic and reason----:clap2::clap2:

Opinion: What GOP can learn from Cuccinelli's tanking bid in Virginia - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Virginia is a cautionary tale for conservatives this year. And those Republicans who always argue that their party wins when it moves further to the right are going to have a lot of explaining to do after Election Day.

This was written before the election, but I doubt the GOP will learn a lesson. Their call now is, "But the margin wasn't as big as......"

Actually, the GOP should have kept the Governor's mansion from all historical accounts. And they could have if they had nominated Bill Bolling the moderate Lt Gov. But the TP fanatics and the untra-right out of state money pushed for Coooooch.

This is just a small lesson for the national GOP. Will they heed the warning or continue their march to the right?

They have more to learn from New Jersey than VA.

The main lesson - vet the 'independent' candidates from day one, so dimocrap shills as this'libertarian' can be uncovered sooner, not the day of the election.

Sarvis was a "none of the Above" vote.

Please don't blame him for why Cuch lost.

Cuch lost because women turned on him with his radical views on abortion and family...

Cuch should have lost by 12 points.

He lost by 1 point because of the weakness of Obamacare to the Dems.

Forum List

Back