Will Republicans shut down the Government over Planned Parenthood?

"Will Republicans shut down the Government over Planned Parenthood?"

No, but I hope they will over "SPENDING" and keeping their word to their constituents. If they go down with a compromise, they will be defeated in `12, me fears....

The "spending" that Republicans are shutting the Government down over amount to 8 one thousandth of a percent (.008) of the budget

It's about social agenda...why don't you just admit it?

I'm curious how you don't see your argument is a double edged sword where you're in a position you just admitted the reverse...

Will Republicans shut down the government over Planned Parenthood? - The Week

Another night of budget talks failed to produce a deal acceptable to President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), and House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). Reid said that money isn't the holdup, but rather the GOP's "line in the sand" over its hundreds of policy amendments, especially those to defund Planned Parenthood and curb EPA enforcement. Such big policy issues "have no place on a budget bill," Reid said. Could the government really shut down over Planned Parenthood?

Lol, nice try though. Why didn't the dems proffer a budget prior to Oct 1, 2010?

When two sides can come back and cut hundreds of billions per year, maybe we'll be on to something, otherwise what's the point of bickering over a few billion when were accumulating billions in interest every day?

Another night of budget talks failed to produce a deal acceptable to President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), and House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). Reid said that money isn't the holdup, but rather the GOP's "line in the sand" over its hundreds of policy amendments, especially those to defund Planned Parenthood and curb EPA enforcement. Such big policy issues "have no place on a budget bill," Reid said. Could the government really shut down over Planned Parenthood?

The question is will obama veto any spemding bill as promised?

Lol, nice try though. Why didn't the dems proffer a budget prior to Oct 1, 2010?

When two sides can come back and cut hundreds of billions per year, maybe we'll be on to something, otherwise what's the point of bickering over a few billion when were accumulating billions in interest every day?

Don't you like how six months after the start of the fiscal year we don't have a budget and for the first three Democrats controlled everything it's the...Republicans...who are being political about this?

How exactly is government providing funds to planned parenthood and planned parenthood using a portion of those funds for abortions not government funded abortion?

They are not using a portion of those funds for abortions. That is illegal.

That's a word game. They get money, they fund abortions. They allocate federal to one program, then divert other funds to other programs, like abortions. You are stating a distinction without a difference. Their funding increases the free abortions they fund.

BTW, Planned parenthood is a good customer of my business and I strongly support them. I give them a 15% discount on the design and printed materials we provide them. I'm in favor of providing the poor abortions. But I firmly believe they should be funded by private and not public funds. Then again I believe that for all charities.

So I guess, for example, anyone who gets the child tax credit on their income tax, which gives them additional disposable income, and then gets an abortion at a later date, the government funded all or part of that abortion?

seriously?

No, but I hope they will over "SPENDING" and keeping their word to their constituents. If they go down with a compromise, they will be defeated in `12, me fears....

The "spending" that Republicans are shutting the Government down over amount to 8 one thousandth of a percent (.008) of the budget

And that amount of alcohol in your blood will get you busted for DUI.

Immie

Come on Immie...you are better than this

Planned Parenthood funding is a tiny part of the budget. This is about Republican hatred over Planned Parenthood and a need to satisfy the religious right

It shows what hypocrites the republicans are.....they oppose abortion yet want to kill a program that prevents unwanted pregnancies

How exactly is government providing funds to planned parenthood and planned parenthood using a portion of those funds for abortions not government funded abortion?

That's a word game. They get money, they fund abortions. They allocate federal to one program, then divert other funds to other programs, like abortions. You are stating a distinction without a difference. Their funding increases the free abortions they fund.

BTW, Planned parenthood is a good customer of my business and I strongly support them. I give them a 15% discount on the design and printed materials we provide them. I'm in favor of providing the poor abortions. But I firmly believe they should be funded by private and not public funds. Then again I believe that for all charities.

Why doesn't or hasn't the Republican Congress gone after PP for breaking the law then? This funding is ongoing.

So I guess, for example, anyone who gets the child tax credit on their income tax, which gives them additional disposable income, and then gets an abortion at a later date, the government funded all or part of that abortion?

seriously?

My God that's a stupid argument. BTW, I told you what I personally do to support planned parenthood. What do you do?

And that amount of alcohol in your blood will get you busted for DUI.

Immie

Come on Immie...you are better than this

Planned Parenthood funding is a tiny part of the budget. This is about Republican hatred over Planned Parenthood and a need to satisfy the religious right

It shows what hypocrites the republicans are.....they oppose abortion yet want to kill a program that prevents unwanted pregnancies

So if Republicans want to give Federal money to churches...not a lot...only a "tiny part of the budget"...you're saying you're OK with that? And anyone who opposes it is a "hypocrite" full of "hatred" who "needs to satisfy" the loony left?

Or does your logic change when it's something you oppose?

If that's true, why aren't the Democrats putting out their own plan to counter? Why throw up false flags?

If that's true, why aren't the Democrats putting out their own plan to counter? Why throw up false flags?

They're not gonna do that, Annie. They're talking about how grandmas are gonna burn, die, a new civil war is upon us, comparing it to neighborhoods being bombed. They're pulling out every emotional trick in the book but it's not gonna work this time.

They reached an agreement on a plan last night.

The only thing holding up a signed budget is Republicans wanting to kill Planned Parenthood

Since the talking points folks are spamming, me too:

OP is a talking point memo. The hold up isn't about Planned Parenthood/Abortion, the fact that they are using this 'wedge issue' exposes the truth: they do not want any cuts, anywhere. Indeed, expanding spending will make us rich!

Vote.

Since the talking points folks are spamming, me too:

OP is a talking point memo. The hold up isn't about Planned Parenthood/Abortion, the fact that they are using this 'wedge issue' exposes the truth: they do not want any cuts, anywhere. Indeed, expanding spending will make us rich!

Vote.

Indeed so. It's a distraction...as usual.

Forum List

Back