Will the federal government shut down?

gmeyers1944

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2019
Westfield, NY (near Buffalo)
It bugs me no end that whenever the federal government shuts down because of a lack of agreement on a budget, the media blames Republicans. A shutdown happens because of the lack of agreement. For years, Democrats have proposed many ridiculous ideas yet when Republicans suggest a little common sense, they get blamed for the shutdown.

It bugs me no end that whenever the federal government shuts down because of a lack of agreement on a budget, the media blames Republicans. A shutdown happens because of the lack of agreement. For years, Democrats have proposed many ridiculous ideas yet when Republicans suggest a little common sense, they get blamed for the shutdown.
They will blame republicans because it will be the republicans fault. They are reneging on a deal struck this spring. Mostly because they realized after a while that Joe Biden rolled them again.

Guess you haven't heard. Democrats own the media and tell the media what to report and what not to report. This isn't bombshell breaking news. It's been known for a long time.

I hope it shuts down and we default on the debt. Something has to happen to wake the right up about voting for terrorists to hold the country hostage.
Something has to happen to wake the right up about voting for terrorists to hold the country hostage.
is anything going to wake up democrats to the fact that by having an open border they are allowing terrorists and drug dealers in by the thousands?

Neither side wants to compromise.

republicans celebrate shutdowns

So? Essential services will continue, the sky won't fall and we like hearing Democrats squeal like stuck pigs.

What it does is delay long term projects and cause us to pay employees who stay home during Congressional Temper Tantrums

Are we talking about the debt ceiling again? As if this hasn’t happened many times before? Have we not learned anything? It will happen the same as every other time. They will give their doomsday prophecies for awhile, then at the last minute, a deal will be reached on a temporary spending resolution, and then in 6 months to a year, we’ll be here again, talking about it again, like the last time we talked about it.

Forum List

Back