Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

Is it their stock in trade, enabling weddings? Does that also involve making moral judgments? Does it involve some bizarre type of mercantile imperator? Just how offended can these alleged Christian wedding vendors get? What about servicing a Jewish affair? A Hindu wedding? An Appalachian sibling marriage?

Did Christ Himself invoke a prohibition, or are these bigots simply wrapping themselves in a thin veneer of righteousness for legal cover?

ROFLMNAO!

Is Judaism a deviation from sound human reasoning? If SO... How so?

(The Reader should know that the first person to use the word 'bigot', is demonstrated the definition of bigotry.)

[

It's true. If someone doesnt want to deal with Jews he wont get my business anyway. I'm not going to force someone to take my money. That's absurd. But libs are about absurd.

Turning down potential customers because they are Black, Jew, Queer, White, Christian, Muslim etc whatever is usually a bad business decision. I wouldn't recommend it unless they are hippies. Nobody would want to do business with smelly dirty hippies, would they?.

However, some people do not want to do business with other groups for various reasons and I would support their freedom to do it. I sure as hell don't want the government forcing them to do something they don't want to do. The government intrudes on our lives much to much already without telling who we have to associate with.

Is baking a cake or arringing flowers a religious rite?
You werent taught much, were you? You certainly werent taught that other people's beliefs are none of your beeswax.
Right . Until those 'beliefs' impact the freedom of others.
No, but a wedding is. OR did you miss that part?
There is no impact on the freedom of others. The lesbian couple in Oregon were free to hire anyone else they wanted.
So baking a cake is not a religious act, but a wedding is.

Are bakers participating in the wedding, given that the axct of baking is not a religious rite?
They are participating by enablign the wedding.
You're just not real swift here, are you?
Is it their stock in trade, enabling weddings? Does that also involve making moral judgments? Does it involve some bizarre type of mercantile imperator? Just how offended can these alleged Christian wedding vendors get? What about servicing a Jewish affair? A Hindu wedding? An Appalachian sibling marriage?

Did Christ Himself invoke a prohibition, or are these bigots simply wrapping themselves in a thin veneer of righteousness for legal cover?
Are you being an obtuse moron? Why, yes you are.
The bakers felt they were condonign the wedding by baking a cake for it. THat is their right. Or should be. You want to bake cakes for gay wedding, go right ahead. No one is stopping you.

As backlash against Indiana's license-to-discriminate law grows, damage control is failing

So how did that blacklash against Chick Fil A and Hobby Lobby work out Moon Bat? Not as good as you Libtards hoped, huh?

Both companies are doing damn well. Indiana will do well, probably better. I am going up there this summer.

Turning down potential customers because they are Black, Jew, Queer, White, Christian, Muslim etc whatever is usually a bad business decision. I wouldn't recommend it unless they are hippies. Nobody would want to do business with smelly dirty hippies, would they?.
We welcome hippies and all the Rainbow Families of the Living Light

tumblr_mry9l3zYeA1rlb1hfo1_1280.jpg

As backlash against Indiana's license-to-discriminate law grows, damage control is failing

So how did that blacklash against Chick Fil A and Hobby Lobby work out Moon Bat? Not as good as you Libtards hoped, huh?

Both companies are doing damn well. Indiana will do well, probably better. I am going up there this summer.

That would be: MASSIVE INCREASES IN RESPECTIVE PROFITS!

LOL! Damage Control?

It's working PERFECTLY.

The goal was to preclude those who would infringe upon the rights of the citizens of Indiana from doing so... and the response has been those prone to DO SO, declaring their intention to STAY OUT OF INDIANA!

There's no downside to THAT scamp. Its a WIN / WIN!

I'm going to bet that if a black business refused to serve whites, you'd be throwing a hissy fit.

get over it.

If a Black didn't want to serve me in a business then that wouldn't upset me at all. That is his decision and I wouldn't want the government to force him to do something he didn't want to do.

If you believe in real freedom then you understand that maybe not everybody will accommodate you all the time. I don't feel compelled to use the government to make somebody serve me in a business if the business owner doesn't want to do it. I'll just go elsewhere.

If you are a Moon Bat and don't really believe in freedom then things like that do upset you. You feel that have an entitlement just because you are alive. Being a Liberal is always about entitlements,

yah.. ok.

nonsense. and i'm no moonbat. but i'm also not a bigot. you know... the type of person who thinks its ok to exclude a group of people because of the color of their skin or sexuality.

like I said... get over it.

or you could always live among the Taliban. they seem to share rightwingnut values.

ROFLMNAO!

(The Reader should know that the first person to use the word 'bigot', is demonstrated the definition of bigotry.)
Are you aware that

A) Homosexuality is not considered 'deviant' behavior by scientists who study human behavior. You, on the other hand are free to define homosexuality as you wish, but your anecdotal evidence should not be held as a hard truth, especially when it comes to denying American citizens their rights.

B) Homosexuality is not illegal and therefore is not a reason to deny others their rights.

In fact, let's be honest. You think homosexuality is just plain icky. Now, where on earth do you suppose any authority can be brought to bear to deny someone whose only offense is being 'icky' their rights as citizens?

Throwing a bone to the dogs of the rabid Religious Right wingers is gonna cost a pretty penny .........
  • Stromberg: Indiana law could help discrimination

It’s true that RFRA has implications well beyond issues of LGBT rights, affecting the treatment of all sorts of religious claims in court; it should also be judged as a policy that could, say, help the Amish, Native American tribes or other religious minorities minimize the impact of majoritarian laws on their traditional ways of life. If Pence and RFRA supporters think that religious believers in the United States require more legal deference and protection, and that it’s worth the risk of entrenching legal discrimination and accepting various other tradeoffs to achieve it, they should make that argument. But they can’t credibly claim that it’s outrageous to worry that Indiana’s RFRA will promote discrimination.

... i'm no moonbat. but i'm also not a bigot. you know... the type of person who thinks its ok to exclude a group of people because of the color of their skin or [unsound sexual-behavior].

Discriminating against unsound behavior is literally an essential trait of the genetically viable.

Homosexuality is a sexual orientation, usually quite fixed. Homosexual acts are a behavior, like heterosexual acts.

Homosexuality is behavior. and as with all behavior, unknown unless exhibited.

You and your party are at war to end civil rights, using the chosen sexual behavior of a favored group to deny 1st Amendment rights to a group hated by the party is a technique the left has used for years. It's good that Indiana took steps to protect the freedom of their citizens.

ROFLMNAO!

Are you aware that

A) Homosexuality is not considered 'deviant' behavior by scientists who study human behavior. You, on the other hand are free to define homosexuality as you wish, but your anecdotal evidence should not be held as a hard truth, especially when it comes to denying American citizens their rights.

B) Homosexuality is not illegal and therefore is not a reason to deny others their rights.

In fact, let's be honest. You think homosexuality is just plain icky. Now, where on earth do you suppose any authority can be brought to bear to deny someone whose only offense is being 'icky' their rights as citizens?

they don't care. stop confusing him with facts

Is baking a cake or arringing flowers a religious rite?
Right . Until those 'beliefs' impact the freedom of others.
No, but a wedding is. OR did you miss that part?
There is no impact on the freedom of others. The lesbian couple in Oregon were free to hire anyone else they wanted.
So baking a cake is not a religious act, but a wedding is.

Are bakers participating in the wedding, given that the axct of baking is not a religious rite?
They are participating by enablign the wedding.
You're just not real swift here, are you?

Are you being an obtuse moron? Why, yes you are.
The bakers felt they were condonign the wedding by baking a cake for it. THat is their right. Or should be. You want to bake cakes for gay wedding, go right ahead. No one is stopping you.
I'm borrowing a page from the playbook of one of your heroes, Rush Limbaugh. I'm pointing out the absurdity with absurdity.

Funny how that

... i'm no moonbat. but i'm also not a bigot. you know... the type of person who thinks its ok to exclude a group of people because of the color of their skin or [unsound sexual-behavior].

Discriminating against unsound behavior is literally an essential trait of the genetically viable.

but your extremist determination as to what is sound, isn't anyone's problem but your own.

again... get over it.

Are you aware that

A) Homosexuality is not considered 'deviant' behavior by scientists who study human behavior. ...

I am aware that there is absolutely zero 'science' which supports that conclusion. In that, homosexuality not only DEVIATES from the human physiological standard, it deviates AS FAR FROM THAT STANDARD AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!

But you're invited to google up whatever 'science' you'd like to offer, which explains how a 180 degree deviation from the standard is NOT a deviation... and how judgment which fails to recognize that otherwise OBVIOUS and immutable fact, can be said to result from any mental condition that is not 'disordered' at its core.

IS there some reason that mental disorder should not be compared to mental disorder?

What would that reason be? Specifically...?

You think homosexuality is a mental disorder? :eek:

Would you care to explain how you see such to be of sound cognition? It's a rationalization which holds as reasonable, desires to seek sexual gratification from those of their own gender. This despite such a 'choice' being a full 180 degree deviation from the design of their own body. (It doesn't GET more disordered than THAT.)

I'll be here for ya.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back