Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

Reagan opened his official presidential campaign in Mississippi with a speech castigating the federal government for destroying Jim Crow and undermining Southern autonomy (which wanted laws and institutions that forced blacks to the back of the bus). I don't think Reagan was a racist any more than Pence is a homophobe. Both men were feeding the unfortunate coalitions the GOP built to break the New Deal and transfer government resources from the middle class to the corporate elite.

To create a wide coalition of voters, the GOP targeted the poor with religion and patriotism, with a heavy emphasis on Dog Whistle racism to get southern Dixiecrats to vote Republican.

In fact, it was the Southern Strategy, initiated by Goldwater, Wallace & Nixon, which finally, in 1980, flipped the Solid South and created the Reagan movement, which movement started with a promise of fiscal responsibility and small government, but - ironically - climaxed under Bush's 2008 Meltdown and his Surveillance State (illegal wiretapping, Patriot Act, etc.).

(Side note: The GOP's post-Watergate ascendancy targeted well-meaning but under-educated patriots who don't even know what the Southern Strategy was. Nor do they know the political and cultural differences between Hussein and Bin Laden, or how the CIAs removal of Mossedeq in Iran merely strengthened Islamic radicalism. In short, the GOP - desperate to break the 45 year ascent of the New Deal - harvested a voting coalition that was uniquely uneducated, and easily seduced by a very transparent culture war, which used values, race and fear to pry unwitting democrat voters away from what had become a bloated and ineffectual Democratic Machine, one that traded traditional working class issues for gender, race and lifestyle politics. The minute the Left aligned itself with bra burners, anti war hippies and black panthers, the Right had the opening to unite a massive and diverse coalition of voters, from northern Catholic workers to white suburbanites and Southern gun owners. The history of how voting coalitions have shifted and evolved is very interesting indeed.)

x1542.jpg_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yh9oY_CRnm.jpg

I'm going to bet that if a black business refused to serve whites, you'd be throwing a hissy fit.

get over it.

If a Black didn't want to serve me in a business then that wouldn't upset me at all. That is his decision and I wouldn't want the government to force him to do something he didn't want to do.

If you believe in real freedom then you understand that maybe not everybody will accommodate you all the time. I don't feel compelled to use the government to make somebody serve me in a business if the business owner doesn't want to do it. I'll just go elsewhere.

If you are a Moon Bat and don't really believe in freedom then things like that do upset you. You feel that have an entitlement just because you are alive. Being a Liberal is always about entitlements,

yah.. ok.

nonsense. and i'm no moonbat. but i'm also not a bigot. you know... the type of person who thinks its ok to exclude a group of people because of the color of their skin or sexuality.

like I said... get over it.

or you could always live among the Taliban. they seem to share rightwingnut values.

I think you are confused so I will explain the difference of the issue.

The Taliban are the ones that want to impose their will upon others by force like forcing the citizens to do what they think is politically correct.

The State of Indiana has enacted a law allowing religious freedom so that the individual can make whatever determination they chose. That is called freedom.

Do you understand the the difference between the state making you do something and the ability to make your determination without state pressure? I don't think you do or else you wouldn't have made the above post.

Your inability to understand the difference would support the possibility on that you may be a Moon Bat but just are unwilling to accept it.

AFSCME Relocating Conference Out Of 'Disgust' Of Religious Liberty Law
The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) has decided to relocate its 2015 National Women's Conference "as a direct result" of Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) signing a controversial religious freedom bill into law.

AFSCME's decision to pull out of Indianapolis, Indiana, where it was scheduled to host its conference in October, was announced by AFSCME President Lee Saunders

Are you aware that

A) Homosexuality is not considered 'deviant' behavior by scientists who study human behavior. ...

I am aware that there is absolutely zero 'science' which supports that conclusion. In that, homosexuality not only DEVIATES from the human physiological standard, it deviates AS FAR FROM THAT STANDARD AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!

But you're invited to google up whatever 'science' you'd like to offer, which explains how a 180 degree deviation from the standard is NOT a deviation... and how judgment which fails to recognize that otherwise OBVIOUS and immutable fact, can be said to result from any mental condition that is not 'disordered' at its core.
I wonder if you've ever heard of psychiatry. It's a medical science devoted to the study of human behavior. Does it ring a bell?

I'm going to bet that if a black business refused to serve whites, you'd be throwing a hissy fit.

get over it.

If a Black didn't want to serve me in a business then that wouldn't upset me at all. That is his decision and I wouldn't want the government to force him to do something he didn't want to do.

If you believe in real freedom then you understand that maybe not everybody will accommodate you all the time. I don't feel compelled to use the government to make somebody serve me in a business if the business owner doesn't want to do it. I'll just go elsewhere.

If you are a Moon Bat and don't really believe in freedom then things like that do upset you. You feel that have an entitlement just because you are alive. Being a Liberal is always about entitlements,

yah.. ok.

nonsense. and i'm no moonbat. but i'm also not a bigot. you know... the type of person who thinks its ok to exclude a group of people because of the color of their skin or sexuality.

like I said... get over it.

or you could always live among the Taliban. they seem to share rightwingnut values.

I think you are confused so I will explain the difference of the issue.

The Taliban are the ones that want to impose their will upon others by force like forcing the citizens to do what they think is politically correct.

The State of Indiana has enacted a law allowing religious freedom so that the individual can make whatever determination they chose. That is called freedom.

Do you understand the the difference between the state making you do something and the ability to make your determination without state pressure? I don't think you do or else you wouldn't have made the above post.

Your inability to understand the difference would support the possibility on that you may be a Moon Bat but just are unwilling to accept it.

no different than any other fundie.

or perhaps you want to explain the difference to dr till's family? or to the parents of the kids killed in the federal building in Oklahoma?

Liberals want America to be a country where you are punished by the state for not being accepting of their special interest groups, like the homosexuals.

Conservatives want you to have the freedom to chose your own associations without state force.

The Left Wing has always been about authoritarianism and they have always hated the concept of freedom of religion. They even hate that more than the freedom to keep and bear arms.

Only despicable Moon Bats love butt fucking queers and hate a grassroots political movement that is for personal responsibility, fiscal responsibility and adhering to the Constitution.

Then they wonder why we have no respect for them.

This is what the Liberals want to do to you if you voice your religious opposition to one of their special interest groups.

isis-2.jpg

Fox News anchor Bret Baier debunked the network's defense of Indiana's discriminatory "religious freedom" law, explaining that the law is broader than both federal law and similar measures in other states.

Last week, Indiana became the center of a political firestorm after the state legislature passed its version of the "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" (RFRA), a law that allows private individuals and for-profit business owners to cite their religious beliefs as a legal defense against claims of discrimination from consumers who have been wrongfully denied services based solely on their sexual orientation or gender identity. As the American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana explained, Indiana's RFRA "may embolden individuals and businesses who now feel that their religious liberty is 'burdened' by treating a member of the LGBT community equally and that their 'burden' trumps others' rights to be free from discrimination."

Proponents of the law, including Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence, have downplayed these potential consequences by incorrectly claiming that the law is noncontroversial because it merely mirrors the federal RFRA and RFRAs in other states. It's a talking point that has been repeated on Fox News, which has so far depicted Indiana's law as a benign attempt to protect the devout from government encroachment on religious freedom.

But during the March 30 edition of Happening Now, Baier deflated his network's defense of the law, explaining to host Eric Shawn that Indiana's RFRA is "broader" than both federal law and other state RFRAs:

Watch A Fox News Anchor Debunk His Network s Defense Of Indiana s Religious Freedom Law Blog Media Matters for America

Dems hammer Pence for posing with anti-LGBT activists while signing ‘religious freedom’ bill
“When this bill was signed, right over here in this very office, standing behind the governor was a mish-mash of every kind of anti-marriage-equality lobbyist that exists. If you read what they say [in support of] the bill, it becomes very clear that there is an intent to discriminate.”

I guess Pence won't be the candidate of the Khmer Rouge democrats to replace Hillary with then.....

They're breaking out the Islamic extremist photos, linking them to Liberalism and claiming they are correct.

What do we know for certain once the Rabid Right leans on its Islamic decapitation meme?

A) They are terribly desperate to make some kind of cogent point, but they fail as usual

B) They know they are losing the argument so tripping down a primrose path is their only recourse.

Ah! Social Conservatives! We can read you like a Bible, which you so rarely read yourselves.

Forum List

Back