Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

...Those who believe their version of Christianity believes in racial separation.
I am not aware of any substantive element within organized Christianity that believes in racial separation.

This Christian church believed in it, but bowed to criticism and decided to pretend they didn't:

All-white Kentucky church reverses ban on interracial couples - CSMonitor.com
Sorry, but I stipulated 'substantive element' - not Billy Jo Bob's Do-It-Yourself Dancing Snakes Kool-Aid Temple.

Actually, it wasn't the "same thing"

Lying as always, eh shitflinger?

{(a) IN GENERAL- Government shall not substantially burden a person’s exercise of religion even if the burden results from a rule of general applicability, except as provided in subsection (b).

(b) EXCEPTION- Government may substantially burden a person’s exercise of religion only if it demonstrates that application of the burden to the person--

(1) is in furtherance of a compelling governmental interest; and

(2) is the least restrictive means of furthering that compelling governmental interest.}

Is that Indiana, or the Clinton bill, shitflinger?

quiet, hack. what religion requires that you discriminate against people?

you loons said the same thing when you were opposing desegregation.

They WANT the right to discriminate racially. That's what they mean when they say a business should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

They are not comfortable living in modern American, to put it another way.

yup. they say it's about "freedom of religion" but what it really is is them once again demanding the right to put up signs that say "no blacks, no jews, no gays".
25 states and the federal gov't have exactly the same law. And those laws have been in force for 20 years. Please post the pics of those signs, "counselor".
It's hardly the same law, hence the problem.

Is baking a cake or arringing flowers a religious rite?
Sorry but who are you to dictate what Christian faith consists of?
You're right of course. I'm not a thelogian. I was taught what Jesus said, i.e. Judge not lest ye be judged and He who is without sin shall cast the first stone and love your neighbor as you would love yourself. I must have confused those teachings with what the emminent theolgians in some so-called Christian circles who seem to believe that Jesus said all the aformentioned and added everything applies, but not to Gays.

I'm sorry for my confusion.
You werent taught much, were you? You certainly werent taught that other people's beliefs are none of your beeswax.
Right . Until those 'beliefs' impact the freedom of others.
No, but a wedding is. OR did you miss that part?
There is no impact on the freedom of others. The lesbian couple in Oregon were free to hire anyone else they wanted.
So baking a cake is not a religious act, but a wedding is.

Are bakers participating in the wedding, given that the axct of baking is not a religious rite?
They are participating by enablign the wedding.
You're just not real swift here, are you?

I'm going to bet that if a black business refused to serve whites, you'd be throwing a hissy fit.

get over it.

If a Black didn't want to serve me in a business then that wouldn't upset me at all. That is his decision and I wouldn't want the government to force him to do something he didn't want to do.

If you believe in real freedom then you understand that maybe not everybody will accommodate you all the time. I don't feel compelled to use the government to make somebody serve me in a business if the business owner doesn't want to do it. I'll just go elsewhere.

If you are a Moon Bat and don't really believe in freedom then things like that do upset you. You feel that have an entitlement just because you are alive. Being a Liberal is always about entitlements,

I'm going to bet that if a black business refused to serve whites, you'd be throwing a hissy fit.

get over it.

If a Black didn't want to serve me in a business then that wouldn't upset me at all. That is his decision and I wouldn't want the government to force him to do something he didn't want to do.

If you believe in real freedom then you understand that maybe not everybody will accommodate you all the time. I don't feel compelled to use the government to make somebody serve me in a business if the business owner doesn't want to do it. I'll just go elsewhere.

If you are a Moon Bat and don't really believe in freedom then things like that do upset you. You feel that have an entitlement just because you are alive. Being a Liberal is always about entitlements,
It's true. If someone doesnt want to deal with Jews he wont get my business anyway. I'm not going to force someone to take my money. That's absurd. But libs are about absurd.

we know what the answer is. pence saying it or not is irrelevant. and they're cowards, so why would they answer?

Pence is on the opposite side of you and your party.

Pence is defending civil liberty and the Bill of Rights, you demagogues are dedicated to eradicating both.

Pence is defending another BIG LIE. It is what Rightest thrive on, for the truth is there hidden agenda is out in the open for all reasonable and empathetic humans to see. The "restoration" is no different than the "big tent" and "compassionate conservative" fabrications - remember it's not what a Rightest says or writes, it's what they do.

Also, look at the commonality of those who support Pence, to the person they all lack compassion, empathy and are members of the Callous Conservative Coalition.

Bringing back racial discrimination is a step forward in civil liberties?

Homosexuality is a type of behavior, not a race. Protecting civil rights is not discrimination, even if a voting bloc of the party seeks to strip the rights from enemies of the party.
Homosexuality is a sexual orientation, usually quite fixed. Homosexual acts are a behavior, like heterosexual acts.

Are bakers participating in the wedding, given that the axct of baking is not a religious rite?

So you're saying that building a box, is not bad... so when someone comes to you and says 'build me a box that I can use to put someone in, until I get the ransom', should not preclude one from building them a box?

Are you sure you've though this through? Because it doesn't seem like ya have.

we know what the answer is. pence saying it or not is irrelevant. and they're cowards, so why would they answer?

Pence is defending civil liberty and the Bill of Rights, you demagogues are dedicated to eradicating both.

Pence is defending another BIG LIE. It is what Rightest thrive on, for the truth is there hidden agenda is out in the open for all reasonable and empathetic humans to see. The "restoration" is no different than the "big tent" and "compassionate conservative" fabrications - remember it's not what a Rightest says or writes, it's what they do.

Also, look at the commonality of those who support Pence, to the person they all lack compassion, empathy and are members of the Callous Conservative Coalition.
WhT "LIE" do you think Pence is defending? Because it was the same lie Obama voted for as state senator.

So you're saying that building a box, is not bad... so when someone comes to you and says 'build me a box that I can use to put someone in, until I get the ransom', should not preclude one from building them a box?

Are you sure you've though this through? Because it doesn't seem like ya have.
He doesnt have the capacity to think through, merely spew.

WhT "LIE" do you think Pence is defending? Because it was the same lie Obama voted for as state senator.

He can't tell you, because 'its hidden'. (Convenient as HELL!)

Bringing back racial discrimination is a step forward in civil liberties?

Homosexuality is a type of behavior, not a race. Protecting civil rights is not discrimination, even if a voting bloc of the party seeks to strip the rights from enemies of the party.
Homosexuality is a sexual orientation, usually quite fixed. Homosexual acts are a behavior, like heterosexual acts.
Ah, yes, the Ever-Popular Juicy Rationalization and Faux Moral Equivalency, in a lame attempt to legitimize deviant and perverse LGBT behavior.

Pence is defending another BIG LIE.

Ah, so the 1st Amendment is a "lie?"

I understand, "truth" is that which serves the party. All that doesn't serve the party is a "lie."

It is what Rightest thrive on, for the truth is there hidden agenda is out in the open for all reasonable and empathetic humans to see. The "restoration" is no different than the "big tent" and "compassionate conservative" fabrications - remember it's not what a Rightest says or writes, it's what they do.

You of the anti-Liberty left are in full meltdown in your war on civil rights.

... Homosexual acts are a behavior, like heterosexual acts.

False. Hetero-sexual behavior is sound behavior which is perfectly aligned with the human physiology. Homosexuality deviates AS FAR FROM that human sexuality standard AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

Just as building a sound structure is behavior that is NOT the same as building structures that CANNOT BE SAFELY BE INHABITED.

We do not allow people to build their own UNINHABITABLE STRUCTURES, despite their mutual consent to inhabit such.

And the reason is that IF WE ALLOWED THEM TO BUILD SUCH, THOSE INJURED BY OUR ASSENT< WILL SUE US FOR LEADING THEM TO BELIEVE THAT IT WAS SOUND BY OUR TOLERANCE OF THOSE WHO BUILT TO BUILD IT!

Is baking a cake or arringing flowers a religious rite?
You're right of course. I'm not a thelogian. I was taught what Jesus said, i.e. Judge not lest ye be judged and He who is without sin shall cast the first stone and love your neighbor as you would love yourself. I must have confused those teachings with what the emminent theolgians in some so-called Christian circles who seem to believe that Jesus said all the aformentioned and added everything applies, but not to Gays.

I'm sorry for my confusion.
You werent taught much, were you? You certainly werent taught that other people's beliefs are none of your beeswax.
Right . Until those 'beliefs' impact the freedom of others.
No, but a wedding is. OR did you miss that part?
There is no impact on the freedom of others. The lesbian couple in Oregon were free to hire anyone else they wanted.

They are participating by enablign the wedding.
You're just not real swift here, are you?
Is it their stock in trade, enabling weddings? Does that also involve making moral judgments? Does it involve some bizarre type of mercantile imperator? Just how offended can these alleged Christian wedding vendors get? What about servicing a Jewish affair? A Hindu wedding? An Appalachian sibling marriage?

Did Christ Himself invoke a prohibition, or are these bigots simply wrapping themselves in a thin veneer of righteousness for legal cover?

tumblr_n0dmr2QY8a1t4kgqto1_250.gif

As backlash against Indiana's license-to-discriminate law grows, damage control is failing
Indiana legislators are scrambling to do damage control on the state's new license-to-discriminate law, but that damage control definitely won't extend to repealing the law. In fact, mostly what they're doing is continuing to make discredited claims about the law being similar to existing religious freedom laws in other states and at the federal level. With Gov. Mike Pence repeatedly refusing to say that the law won't mean discrimination, the economic consequences have really piled up for the state.

Companies including Angie's List and Salesforce responded quickly, with Angie's List changing its plans for a major Indiana expansion and Salesforce cancelling a conference in the state. The outcry against the Indiana law is having a ripple effect in other states, as well. A Montana bill similar to the Indiana one failed to pass the state House, while in Georgia, a state House Judiciary Committee meeting on such a bill was cancelled. Since there are just days left before the Georgia legislature's 2015 session ends, it's not clear the bill will advance.

As backlash against Indiana s license-to-discriminate law grows damage control is failing

Forum List

Back