Will Putin Be Charged With War Crimes?

Seeing that there's a long list of national leaders who've been charged and convicted of war crimes, to include George Bush and Dick Cheney, will Putin face that same fate?

i am bookmarking this thread cause like i said,i will be back to bring it back to the top in a couple of years to show how clueless you are on anything happening to putin.we have tried to spell it out to you as best as we can but it goes through one ear and out the other with you.

With the targeting of civilians and residential areas, will Putin be eventually charged with war crimes?

I think it very likely if proven that they have been using vacuum bombs on civilians.

i am bookmarking this thread cause like i said,i will be back to bring it back to the top in a couple of years to show how clueless you are on anything happening to putin.we have tried to spell it out to you as best as we can but it goes through one ear and out the other with you.
So you think there’s no chance that any nation or tribunal will charge Putin with war crimes, like they did Bush and Cheney?

The Putin supporters don’t even want to discuss the issue.

I think it very likely if proven that they have been using vacuum bombs on civilians.

How about simply targeting residential areas with no military value thru conventional weapons? Could that be portrayed as a war crime?

How about simply targeting residential areas with no military value thru conventional weapons? Could that be portrayed as a war crime?

Probably. Or at least a crime against humanity. The great thing about law is that you can make the laws mean or apply anyway you want! Just ask any prisoners of J6.

Probably. Or at least a crime against humanity. The great thing about law is that you can make the laws mean or apply anyway you want! Just ask any prisoners of J6.
A “crime against humanity” is more likely in circumstances where one can show acts of genocide.

It looks like the process of charging Putin and some of his generals with war crimes has begun

The UK led calls for the probe which has been backed by 39 allies including the EU, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, and Latin American countries.

Karim Khan QC, a British lawyer who is chief prosecutor at the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, announced: "The collection of evidence has now commenced."

The investigation will cover from the start of the Crimea crisis in November 2013 and encompass "any past and present allegations of war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide".

David Scheffer, ex-US Ambassador for War Crime Issues, believes that Putin will be indicted on war crimes charges in "2 or 3 months"

Forum List

Back