Will Obama's poll bounce last?

Where's the job's why is food and fuel so expensive why isn't anything being done about the economy. Pretty sure this isn't what Obama had in mind.

What do you think.. are they right? Are people simply to busy trying to stay above water to care or is OBL yesterday's new's and people simply couldn't care less.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Gosh darn it, you're right. There was no jubulation.

Yes, Obama got Osama. And yes, that can't be anything but helpful to him in 2012. The big question is, how helpful?

George HW Bush got a huge bounce after liberating Kuwait from Saddam, but lost to Clinton on economic issues. And what's the topic of greatest concern to most voters today? Right, the economy. And let's not forget how Bush Jr. squandered his own approval ratings after their peak following the 9/11 attacks.

Edited. 15 Post Rule on Links.

You answered your own question:

George HW did get a huge boost, at about the same time in his presidency 800 days.

It made no difference in November.

As much as I hate it.. I know the politics of this must be discussed sooner or later.. Sighh.. but..

I would be inclined to say yes. IMO, he would've been reelected regardless.. This just makes it that much more likely.

Just my personal opinion, I know most Conservatives will disagree, but I don't think Independents and Liberals will.

It doesn't hurt but in the end its what the economy is like during the next election. For some reason. I for one feel the President doesn't really effect the economy in a good way and can only get in its way. I think the Presidents job is to protect the nation which by catching Osama Bin Laden feels like a big plus mark but thats just how I think.

You've got it spot on sir.

I think he'll go down again after going up, but by the time Nov. 2012 comes around...he'll be in great shape for a shoe in re-election.

Gas will significantly be back down, the higher it goes up, the better it will feel once it goes back down by that time. Khadafi will be dead or captured, economy will be even more improved and improving, the GOP will be APE$HAT as usual...so no one with any lick of sense will be looking to them for solving any problems. Obama will remain the cool, stable hand to guide the good ship America to better land.

Ahhhhh....I can smell it now.

Yep!

:D

Yes, Obama got Osama. And yes, that can't be anything but helpful to him in 2012. The big question is, how helpful?

George HW Bush got a huge bounce after liberating Kuwait from Saddam, but lost to Clinton on economic issues. And what's the topic of greatest concern to most voters today? Right, the economy. And let's not forget how Bush Jr. squandered his own approval ratings after their peak following the 9/11 attacks.

I don't know if he will or not get a bounce, but IMO he should not get much for it.

Yes it happened on his watch, but it was a 10 year effort to track his ass down. I credit Obama for having the balls to send commandos in instead of just leveling the place. Though I have to admit He lost most of that Credit by insisting we dump the body at sea less than 24 hours later. personally I think we might as well have just blasted the place and used DNA to identify the body if we were just going to dump the body after such a short time with out having several independent confirmations of it being Osama.

So to me it's a wash, I was pleased by getting Osama, and pleased by how Obama handled it, then like he often does Obama managed to follow a good decision with a very Bad one in my Opinion, when we buried the body at sea so quickly afterward.

I don't know if he will or not get a bounce, but IMO he should not get much for it.

Yes it happened on his watch, but it was a 10 year effort to track his ass down. I credit Obama for having the balls to send commandos in instead of just leveling the place. Though I have to admit He lost most of that Credit by insisting we dump the body at sea less than 24 hours later. personally I think we might as well have just blasted the place and used DNA to identify the body if we were just going to dump the body after such a short time with out having several independent confirmations of it being Osama.

So to me it's a wash, I was pleased by getting Osama, and pleased by how Obama handled it, then like he often does Obama managed to follow a good decision with a very Bad one in my Opinion, when we buried the body at sea so quickly afterward.

It will be short-lived as people get back to the reality of how much Obama and the Statists have screwed up this economy...

Though I have to admit He lost most of that Credit by insisting we dump the body at sea less than 24 hours later. personally I think we might as well have just blasted the place and used DNA to identify the body if we were just going to dump the body after such a short time with out having several independent confirmations of it being Osama.

The big issue with bin Laden's body was how to treat it in accordance with Islamic tradition. It's understandable that Obama didn't want to risk annoying the Muslims yet again because his people mishandled the body somehow.

I don't think he can sway the Independents with making one correct decision. They will be looking at food and gas prices, together with unemployment, before putting their faith in this man, again.

He'll surely get a bounce from the killing, well he should.

Why the hell should this man get any credit at all? He spent years insulting and undermining the very policies that led to the information that ultimately led to Osama's death. Go back and listen to the comments he made. In no uncertain words he said America under Bush was torturing innocent people, and no useful information was being gathered.

This is vindication for the enhanced interrogation techniques that morons on the left screamed were the equivalent of midevil torture. He gave the order, something I truly believe any American president would have done, and now he should get the entire credit?? HELL NO.

Exactly.

The Credit Obama should get should be limited to the fact that he made the hard decision to send in a commando team and not just bomb the place.

You are absolutely right that Obama opposed, and attacked the very policies that helped this day come. He wanted to close Gitmo which almost certainly is a place we got Intel from that led to this day.

Then there is the unbelievable fact that he then ordered the dumping of the body at sea "to honor Muslim Tradition", and is now debating if we can even see some pics or not. I am just floored by that. Obama just took a great moment, and took a big shit on it. Even if he does release some pics, the Radicals, and conspiracy nuts will never believe it now.

So IMO in less than 24 hours Obama made a great decision, then followed it up with a huge blunder.

Par for the course.

How much did maintaining large unnecessary troop presences in Europe and Korea contribute to this operation?

unnecessary troop presences in Europe and Korea
Europe could be drawn down but how you could mix Korea in the same sentence is beyond stunning ya there no threat there LOL....

There is no threat to us in Korea. And Korea has the resources to replace every US asset there with their own.

no they actually don't; their air force though more modern, is out numbered 2-1. The ground forces are same 2-1, and Nor Kor has a large stockpile of bio and chem. weapons.

And unlike say Europe, they are big spenders on their Military approx twice what the Eu spends per gdp %, at 2.9%, so they are unlike others tow their weight.

we have approx. 30K men there. And that has been pared down through the decades.

and, so, Nor. korea is not a threat? since when?

Obama looked and sounded like a president on Sunday night!! For the first time, I said to myself, "Shit......he's not mincing anything and giving the straight dope. Bravo". I couldnt belive I was actually sitting there thinking that...........but I was.

I think, gun to their heads, most conservatives on here would concur. He nailed the Bin Laden thing and should be congratulated..............no doubt. It was guts.......the way a president should be. He needed to lead and he did. Pretty much as soon as I turned off my TV and went to bed, I realized that this would only be a moment in time and thought of what this guy could have been............ if............

But the sad truth is that he will continue to persue progressive economic policies that dont work and have never worked in the history of the world. The Kenyesian model has always been a joke. In the end, elections are decided by the economic conditions of the country. He wont be re-elected if the conditions are the same 18 months from now and nobody see's them getting better anytime soon except those on the far right and even most of them know they are bullshitting about it.

My analysis and Im sticking to it..............not that anybody really cares.

Last edited:
Europe could be drawn down but how you could mix Korea in the same sentence is beyond stunning ya there no threat there LOL....

There is no threat to us in Korea. And Korea has the resources to replace every US asset there with their own.

no they actually don't; their air force though more modern, is out numbered 2-1. The ground forces are same 2-1, and Nor Kor has a large stockpile of bio and chem. weapons.

And unlike say Europe, they are big spenders on their Military approx twice what the Eu spends per gdp %, at 2.9%, so they are unlike others tow their weight.

we have approx. 30K men there. And that has been pared down through the decades.

We spend 4.7% of our GDP on defense. Let South Korea bring their spending up to that number.

And no, North Korea is not a threat to us.

Are you really this dumb? What does South Korea and Japan have that we don't hmm? Let alone that both are active allies

They're not allies, they're dependents. If they think North Korea is a threat, let them defend themselves.

We spend 4.7% of our GDP on defense. Let South Korea bring their spending up to that number.

And no, North Korea is not a threat to us.

oh to us, yes, I see. So, lets just pull out of everywhere.....

Where's the job's why is food and fuel so expensive why isn't anything being done about the economy. Pretty sure this isn't what Obama had in mind.

What do you think.. are they right? Are people simply to busy trying to stay above water to care or is OBL yesterday's new's and people simply couldn't care less.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

funny... his RPC average is up to almost 50%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

maybe it only doesn't matter to hacks like you?

It doesn't appear that many give Obama much credit for the past few days compared to the past year.

obama_approval_index_may_3_2011.jpg

Are you really this dumb? What does South Korea and Japan have that we don't hmm? Let alone that both are active allies

They're not allies, they're dependents. If they think North Korea is a threat, let them defend themselves.

it's not just about that. it has to do with global influence. much of our power source comes from exactly that type of presence.

that isolationist model is why i think ron paul is naive

Forum List

Back