Will Obama's poll bounce last?

By asking "how long it will last" you have implied it began.

I report that it never begun.
Which nobody can possibly conclude at this point in time.

You claim that it cannot have begun.
I claimed no such thing.

Thus, I wonder why we are even discussing the issue.
Fine, now I get your point. And my response is that no one is forcing you to do so. If you decline to defend your arguments, you should exercise your freedom to drop off the thread and do something else.

Yes, Obama got Osama. And yes, that can't be anything but helpful to him in 2012. The big question is, how helpful?

George HW Bush got a huge bounce after liberating Kuwait from Saddam, but lost to Clinton on economic issues. And what's the topic of greatest concern to most voters today? Right, the economy. And let's not forget how Bush Jr. squandered his own approval ratings after their peak following the 9/11 attacks.

Edited. 15 Post Rule on Links.

Economic issues will sink Obama. A trillion dollar stimulus package that did nothing? Come on. He's done.

Yup. If the economy and the job situation haven't improved then I don't believe he will get re-elected.

Come election time OBL will be a distant memory.

Last edited:
Yes, Obama got Osama. And yes, that can't be anything but helpful to him in 2012. The big question is, how helpful?

George HW Bush got a huge bounce after liberating Kuwait from Saddam, but lost to Clinton on economic issues. And what's the topic of greatest concern to most voters today? Right, the economy. And let's not forget how Bush Jr. squandered his own approval ratings after their peak following the 9/11 attacks.

it's helpful in the sense that something extraordinary was accomplished. it is helpful in the sense that the world is a better place. it is helpful in that it ends the rightwingnut meme that the president is a dithering law professor who "leads from behind". all good.

that said, daddy bush has a huge approval rating after the end of the gulf war and didn't capitalize on it. and the rightwing spin machine is already in full gear trying to diminish the president's accomplishment.

i'd say it depends on what the president does now.

oh.. and i like the josh malina avi. interesting choice.

You claim that it cannot have begun.
I claimed no such thing.

Um...yeah, on the last page:

It will take at least 2 more days for the polling data to accurately reflect the degree of change since Sunday night.

I can understand someone forgetting what they said, say, 12 pages ago, but it takes someone particularly stupid to forget what they said ONE page ago, and then make it an issue.

You haven't much credability left in this thread. You'd better start another where you claim an imaginary "poll bounce" and then when your told it doesn't exist you can do a better job of pretending to have known that.

:lol:

I claimed no such thing.

It will take at least 2 more days for the polling data to accurately reflect the degree of change since Sunday night.

I can understand someone forgetting what they said, say, 12 pages ago, but it takes someone particularly stupid to forget what they said ONE page ago, and then make it an issue.

You haven't much credability left in this thread. You'd better start another where you claim an imaginary "poll bounce" and then when your told it doesn't exist you can do a better job of pretending to have known that.

except that there IS a poll bounce. even glen beck, the dear, said it was a 9 point bounce. of course, he also said a shoe would have had a 9 point bounce for killing bin laden. of course, no one has apparently told the rodeo clown that is beyond a shoe's ability. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

I claimed no such thing.

except that there IS a poll bounce. even glen beck, the dear, said it was a 9 point bounce. of course, he also said a shoe would have had a 9 point bounce for killing bin laden. of course, no one has apparently told him that is beyond a shoe's ability. :eusa_shhh:

I didn't know you considered Beck and expert.:eek:

I'm going by the poll I've posted in the thread, which included the site referenced.

except that there IS a poll bounce. even glen beck, the dear, said it was a 9 point bounce. of course, he also said a shoe would have had a 9 point bounce for killing bin laden. of course, no one has apparently told him that is beyond a shoe's ability. :eusa_shhh:

I'm going by the poll I've posted in the thread, which included the site referenced.

well, in this particular case, he at least told the truth about something. a rarity i thought was noteworthy, i admit.

in other words, you cherry picked. cbs has him at 59% approval and everything is trending upward. you might want to look at his rcp average.

It doesn't appear that many give Obama much credit for the past few days compared to the past year.

obama_approval_index_may_3_2011.jpg

well, in this particular case, he at least told the truth about something. a rarity i thought was noteworthy, i admit.

in other words, you cherry picked. cbs has him at 59% approval and everything is trending upward. you might want to look at his rcp average.

You decide to believe ONE THING Beck says, but I'M "CHERRY PICKING?"

Actually, I just randomly found:
The Rassmussen poll results up until 5/3/2011, and they showed nothing.

:eusa_hand:

Maybe they'll say something amazing today?

Maybe Beck will tell you Obama is up 50% in popularity polls, and you'll believe it EVEN MORE!!!:lol:

It might last. If Congress can get spending under control, the economy might turn around. However, the Republicans in Congress don't seem too serious and the Senate will kill anything substantive plus Obama is talking about raising taxes so I don't believe the economy will improve. If the Republicans can find a good front-runner, they should win easily.

It might last. If Congress can get spending under control, the economy might turn around. However, the Republicans in Congress don't seem too serious and the Senate will kill anything substantive plus Obama is talking about raising taxes so I don't believe the economy will improve. If the Republicans can find a good front-runner, they should win easily.

If the Senate can kill anything substantive, then how could Obama raise taxes?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

What came first, The Chicken, or, The Egg?

the chicken is lying on the bed with the egg...the chicken is smoking a ciggie and looking pretty damned happy...in comparison to the egg..who is all tense and nervous...

the egg looks at the chicken and says...well i guess that answers that question

the chicken is lying on the bed with the egg...the chicken is smoking a ciggie and looking pretty damned happy...in comparison to the egg..who is all tense and nervous...

the egg looks at the chicken and says...well i guess that answers that question
:clap2:
Are you from Arkansas?

You know the Senate will allow raising taxes. And for the record, the chicken came first:

Chicken Came Before the Egg: "Scientific Proof" - CBS News

You know the Senate will allow raising taxes. And for the record, the chicken came first:

Chicken Came Before the Egg: "Scientific Proof" - CBS News

But you didn't SAY "The senate will raise taxes"...BTW, is the HoR still responsible for doing anything in Washington D.C. or have they already gone back to their summer jobs, lifeguarding at municiple pools?

Well so far a "single" Poll gave Obama a bounce anemic at that. While all others apparently the respondents didn't get the new's of Obama single handily taking down UBL. My opinion remains that the American people have enough on their plate just staying alive to really care about the death of UBL I might be wrong maybe in the following month the numbers will climb

Overall
give+a+crap+o+meter.jpg

Forum List

Back