*Will Obama Make War On N. Korea When Attacked: Or Will He Puss Out?*

Our troops should've evacuated the Korean peninsula decades ago.

Empire sure sucks, man.

Yup. As far as I'm concerned this is China's problem if anybodies.

South Korea is not a U.S. ally? We don't have formal treaties with that country? Cutting and running now would send a terrible message, that the U.S. is a big pussy and if you ally yourself with us and get threatened you can't count on our help.
How is that supposed to help the U.S?
Still nostalgic for your Elementary School days, huh?

adventure.jpg

Good American response. Now run along and get your Starbucks latte before working in the office.

I've fought in one war already which is one more than you have, my lil' chickenhawk friend.

I'm not sure how relevant that is to anything. In fact I'm sure the translation of that is: I really don't have a clue but I have to say something.

No, the translation is that Rabbid is a chickenhawk, ready to fight to the last drop of someone elses blood.

While I believe that we have to stop North Korea's nonsense, the chicken hawks on this board are sickening. War is the ultimate horror. It is not something to be entered into without extreme provacation. I have several uncles that fought in WW2. One in Europe, and the others in the Pacific. One was a Marine that fought the entirety of the Okinawa campaign. None of them thought war was glorious. All hated it, and stated that opinion when asked about their service.

Under the 1953 U.S.-R.O.K. Mutual Defense Treaty, the United States agreed to help the Republic of Korea defend itself against external aggression.
South Korea

We are commited to respond to any invasion of South Korea. That is why we have troops over there to provide a tripwire. Once our meager force of 140 tanks are overrun by North Korean tanks the public outcry will force any President to respond with all force needed to defeat the northern invaders. There is no choice.

So it looks like the chickenhawks got us into wars with Iraq and Afghanistan

Now they want to strat up with North Korea as well as Iran

Who is next on the list?

Under the 1953 U.S.-R.O.K. Mutual Defense Treaty, the United States agreed to help the Republic of Korea defend itself against external aggression.
South Korea

We are commited to respond to any invasion of South Korea. That is why we have troops over there to provide a tripwire. Once our meager force of 140 tanks are overrun by North Korean tanks the public outcry will force any President to respond with all force needed to defeat the northern invaders. There is no choice.

Yeah, but the weenies on this baord figure we can just hike our obligations and responsibilities and go to Starbucks for coffee.
For the record, Obama will do everything he possibly can to avoid war. The US is tired of war in Iraq and Afghanistan and don't want to see, nor will support, a war in Korea.
In a sense this is too bad because he is just kicking the problem down the road. If N.Korea threatens to use nukes we should retaliate by turning Pyongyang into glass. The Euro weenies will whine about American aggression but it is much more humane than letting a half crazy dictator export WMD to terrorists to use against innocents.

Iraq was a mistake. Afghanastan was necassary, the attack, not the occupation. Iran is a pimple that is festering but not ready to be picked. N. Korea is China's puppet and China is not ready to invade Taiwan yet, so North Korea will not be allowed to invade.

N. Korea also will not provide nuclear material to other entities because as everyone is aware nuclear material is identifiable even after it is exploded. If a terrorist nuclear event were to occurr we would be able to ID where the material came from and respond in kind. Same way with Iran. That is why the whole issue of terrorists using nuclear bombs are pretty far fetched. Only states have the resources to make nuclear material and they know the consequences, Nuclear response!!! This is just a red flag (like a red cape to a bull) issue to get people worried.

We have made a commitment to S. Korea and it is just like giving someone your word. If you keep your word you are someone that is respected even if people disagree with you, they respect you because they know what you say will be carried out. If you break that word then you cannot be trusted and will always be viewed with suspicion.

Last edited:

China IS the problem.

There wouldn't be a NKorea without China.

And we'll just have to live with that.

Just as America is China's problem.

We are now stuck with each other into a long foreseeable future.

It's going to be a "who blinks first" game.......and, I don't like our chances.

Them's the facts.

We'll just have to deal with that.

BTW, the good part is that we're so much in debt to China that they can't afford to fuck us up too much.

Amazingly, I agree with this entire post.

Amazingly, you have flashes of sanity.

There's a recruiting office nearby, Rabbi, and judging by your posts and maturity level you are clearly young enough to enlist. Have at it, big boy. Or would you rather real Americans do the fighting for you?

Translation: I am out of witty comments (not that I ever had any) much less arguments.

Thanks for this frank admission. Your homosexual fantasies are disturbing. Were you in the Navy?

You got a problem with the Navy there Rabbi Doucheberg?

Mr. Clean,

Rabbi is associating The Obamarrhoidal Minor Military Fuck-up with the gay pariah on USMB: The Queer/Biker Faggot/Swabee.

The Queer/Biker Faggot/Swabee has already established himself as a Navy person and the queerest gay imaginable even though he hasn't come out of the closet.

This abominable POS tried to seduce Chesswarsnow a few weeks ago, and when rebuffed made the quip about "a woman scorned" totally insignificant with his rage.

The Queer/Biker Faggot/Swabee is now playing out his sexual fantasies as a bartender somewhere in Texas.....unless the authorities have kicked hm out of that righteous state.

Thus Rabbi, undoubtedly, suffering from our traumatic experiences with the aforementioned pervert inadvertently mentioned the honourable Navy service.

Last edited:
There's a recruiting office nearby, Rabbi, and judging by your posts and maturity level you are clearly young enough to enlist. Have at it, big boy. Or would you rather real Americans do the fighting for you?

Translation: I am out of witty comments (not that I ever had any) much less arguments.

Thanks for this frank admission. Your homosexual fantasies are disturbing. Were you in the Navy?

No, I treasure the traditions of the Navy: Sodomy, rum, and the lash.

Our troops should've evacuated the Korean peninsula decades ago.

Empire sure sucks, man.

South Korea is not a U.S. ally? We don't have formal treaties with that country? Cutting and running now would send a terrible message, that the U.S. is a big pussy and if you ally yourself with us and get threatened you can't count on our help.
How is it helpful to the U.S. to stick our military nose into virtually every local war around the globe?

If the South Koreans can't defend their own damned dirt, then what's the percentage for America to intervene on their behalf?

This is a non-event. North Korea is posturing over a small island that is the source of dispute. This was not a launch into the mainland itself, which would have certainly been an act of war.

The problem is that calculated measures can certainly backfire, and it's up to China to reign in the North Koreans. However, contrary to popular belief, the North Koreans are pretty much their own rulers. They aren't Chinese puppets. So China might not necessarily be able to simply call off the North. It's much more complex than that.

In the meantime, Obama's best option is to keep a cool head and to use diplomacy to make sure everyone else keeps a cool head. The problem is NOT necessarily what the South Koreans will do, although it's important not to underestimate that. The real powder keg are the Japanese. They have a lot at stake with what goes on in the Korean Peninsula. So do the South Koreans, but Japan is the one with the most to lose.

I credit the Chinese with having the ability to think long-term and to see things in multi-dimensions. They clearly understand that they have a lot to lose if the North Koreans run amok and trigger another chapter in the Korean War. I think the Chinese will deal with it in their own way; the US just needs to not to complicate things with a whole bunch of inflammatory rhetoric.

As I said, it's a non-event, but it's also a non-event that could so easily trigger something much bigger, but for all the wrong reasons.

How is it helpful to the U.S. to stick our military nose into virtually every local war around the globe?

If the South Koreans can't defend their own damned dirt, then what's the percentage for America to intervene on their behalf?

Does the fact we signed a military assistance pact with SoKorea alter your thinking on this?

Well FUCK, we certainly don't want to disregard a TREATY. What would the founding fathers think of us??? :rolleyes:

Sorry bout that,

1. Well it looks like the leader of N. Korea, little *Four Eyes*, has done and attacked USA interests.
2. And Obama has so far played it down, what will happen if *Little Four Eyes* attacks our aircraft carrier?
3. Will Obama *Puss Out*, and do nothing?
4. I think he will!
5. Lets debate it!!!
6. Bring it!!!!!
7. Linker and sample:Korean peninsula on brink of war due to drills - North Korea | Reuters

"Reuters) - North Korea said on Friday the South and the United States were pushing the peninsula to "the brink of war" with their plan to conduct large-scale military drills, days after the rival Koreas exchanged artillery fire."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Bottom line:

What will happen ?

Obamadinejad will complain to China.

China will diffuse the situation.

Result: NKorean shitheads showed that they are relevant. This will also show that China is in control.

According to an AP account of the events, Obama has already asked Beijing for assistance and no doubt, guidance.
One aspect of Obama's inexperience is ANY test of his foreign policy skills( or lack thereof) is monumental..IMO a non-military solution is always the best solution. However a leader with the might the size of the US military should always show he is willing to go from the negotiating table to the trigger.
Peace, my friends, is secured by the threat of military action and assured destruction.

Sorry bout that,

1. Well it looks like the leader of N. Korea, little *Four Eyes*, has done and attacked USA interests.
2. And Obama has so far played it down, what will happen if *Little Four Eyes* attacks our aircraft carrier?
3. Will Obama *Puss Out*, and do nothing?
4. I think he will!
5. Lets debate it!!!
6. Bring it!!!!!
7. Linker and sample:Korean peninsula on brink of war due to drills - North Korea | Reuters

"Reuters) - North Korea said on Friday the South and the United States were pushing the peninsula to "the brink of war" with their plan to conduct large-scale military drills, days after the rival Koreas exchanged artillery fire."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Bottom line:

What will happen ?

Result: NKorean shitheads showed that they are relevant. This will also show that China is in control.

According to an AP account of the events, Obama has already asked Beijing for assistance and no doubt, guidance.
One aspect of Obama's inexperience is ANY test of his foreign policy skills( or lack thereof) is monumental..IMO a non-military solution is always the best solution. However a leader with the might the size of the US military should always show he is willing to go from the negotiating table to the trigger.
Peace, my friends, is secured by the threat of military action and assured destruction.
Obama comes from a position of weakness. He is weak at home, with low approval ratings and a bad mid term election result. He is weak abroad as many of our allies are unhappy with his economic policies. And he is mired in Afghanistan. The Norks and Chinese know he cannot afford to go to war over anything. Thus any move will be rightly perceived as bluff.
This is scary for this country and a good reason why Obama ought to be one and done.

I don't care.

Good American response.
....And, a great-parallel to Republicans' fanatical-support for an All Volunteer U.S. Military!!!!! :rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2eCmOlL1A&playnext=1&list=PL56AFCE268BB2C987&index=32[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwTNbfav2OM&list=PL56AFCE268BB2C987&index=34&playnext=2[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFGit_tZDqs[/ame]​

Bottom line:

What will happen ?

Obama comes from a position of weakness. He is weak at home, with low approval ratings and a bad mid term election result. He is weak abroad as many of our allies are unhappy with his economic policies. And he is mired in Afghanistan. The Norks and Chinese know he cannot afford to go to war over anything. Thus any move will be rightly perceived as bluff.
This is scary for this country and a good reason why Obama ought to be one and done.

Disagree. To the contrary, in fact.

He's narcissistic, and going to war would focus the attention solely on him, which he would love.

Not to mention, it greatly increases the likelihood that he would be reelected.

Why do you let this guy fool you? Like any other president, when he's good and ready for making armed conflict, he will. You have some serious tunnel vision in regards to him. Stop watching TV.

Rabbi, you come from a position of weakness. You sit at home on your keyboard opining which wars we should and shouldn't fight and you've personally never fought. There's a name for that.

Chessiswar, please humor the question of why you begin every post with sorry bout that?

I'm not seeing any good reason that we'd extend a hand to S. Korea unless they first tried their damndest, by themselves. Perhaps they have more than just the US as an Ally, also. I'm not sure many Countries are willing to stand by the North in this Napoleonesque show of.....chest thumping.

China IS the problem.

There wouldn't be a NKorea without China.

And we'll just have to live with that.

Just as America is China's problem.

We are now stuck with each other into a long foreseeable future.

It's going to be a "who blinks first" game.......and, I don't like our chances.

Them's the facts.

We'll just have to deal with that.

BTW, the good part is that we're so much in debt to China that they can't afford to fuck us up too much.

Amazingly, I agree with this entire post.

Amazingly, you have flashes of sanity.

Mr. Clean,

Rabbi is associating The Obamarrhoidal Minor Military Fuck-up with the gay pariah on USMB: The Queer/Biker Faggot/Swabee.

The Queer/Biker Faggot/Swabee has already established himself as a Navy person and the queerest gay imaginable even though he hasn't come out of the closet.

This abominable POS tried to seduce Chesswarsnow a few weeks ago, and when rebuffed made the quip about "a woman scorned" totally insignificant with his rage.

The Queer/Biker Faggot/Swabee is now playing out his sexual fantasies as a bartender somewhere in Texas.....unless the authorities have kicked hm out of that righteous state.

Thus Rabbi, undoubtedly, suffering from our traumatic experiences with the aforementioned pervert inadvertently mentioned the honourable Navy service.

Coming from you tat means little to nothing.:lol:

Forum List

Back