Will American ever become a Christian Theocracy?

Will the U.S. ever become a Christian theocrasy?

• Total voters
Bush was not confused about His faith.

Wow!!! That Neg rep almost really hurt. You are shooting blanks Pussy. ;) :lol:

Why trust you?

They recently asked GW what he liked most about being prez, he didn't say "being a world leader" or something worthy like "being able to help the poor"..., he said what he liked most about being prez was the PAMPERING! :lmao:

I'm not asking anyone to trust me, but god is.

Yeah, You guy's really pampered Bush. Good one. He at least has a sense of humor. I have always trusted in God, it's myself I don't trust. I try not to blame God for what we do with Free Will. How about you? Are you done blaming? Good. ;)

Me pamper GW? Don't think so, I'm from that great country north of you that you merruccans were unable to subdue.

I never blamed god for anything, how can you put the blame on something that's not even there?:cuckoo:

We are going to pray to christ instead of say the pledge of allegiance!:tongue:

When and if you pray, and to whom, is up to you, not us.

But there are Christian evangelicals that want the Constitution replaced with the Bible.

If they get their way, we will all ride bikes like mormons spreading the word. The "army of God" will become our military and all other religions will be banned from practice--unless we luck up and The Orthodox chuch takes over instead of one of the protestants/catholic religion.

I guess it depends on whose history you read re Mohammed and Mecca. Several histories say that he was not ousted, but that he was persecuted for refusing to do idol worship and he and his followers did leave Mecca and went to Medina.

Others say he was forcibly ejected.

And then there is this version that doesn't quite mesh with either:

Actually, Mohammad slaughtered and buried many of the non-Muslims in Mecca when he slaughtered all the last surviving people of the bani al Quraish Jewish Tribe, who lie buried in the mass grave under the souk of Mecca. All others who had not done that, fled Mecca and Medina after this, because it was now clear that no non-Muslim would be spared.

He then pronounced the "Revelation" that Allah was not pleased that the kaffir [infidel or non-Muslim] should venture into His House of Worship or be there in His Holy Cities.

Strangely, of course, as usual, Allah spoke through the mouth of Mohammad, as you can see in most of the Koran where it goes "O Apostle of Allah, We ..." which is Allah, Himself speaking, while the "Recitation" came from the lips of Mohammad who, himself, claimed that Gabriel was the one who conveyed all the "Revelations" to him.

You really need to Read Koran, and the tafsirs and hadiths, like the lady above said.
Did Muhammad (saws) kick out the non Muslims from Mecca and Medina? - Yahoo! Answers

I imagine the truth is somewhere in the midst of all. Generally legends develop over time and contain grains of truth along with some imaginative additions that some will invariably adopt as the whole truth.

But there are Christian evangelicals that want the Constitution replaced with the Bible.

If they get their way, we will all ride bikes like mormons spreading the word. The "army of God" will become our military and all other religions will be banned from practice--unless we luck up and The Orthodox chuch takes over instead of one of the protestants/catholic religion.
this is utter stupidity
and totally wrong

Here is a secret weapon that you can use to stop proclaimed Christian Theocracy.... Shhhh...... don't tell anybody.... and don't expose it to daylight until you are truly ready to use it. It has special .....powers.

Study it carefully.

John Locke: A Letter Concerning Toleration

Here is a secret weapon that you can use to stop proclaimed Christian Theocracy.... Shhhh...... don't tell anybody.... and don't expose it to daylight until you are truly ready to use it. It has special .....powers.

Study it carefully.

John Locke: A Letter Concerning Toleration
hey, no fair giving away the secrets

As long as American citizens value separation of church and state we have nothing to fear regarding theocracy.

They recently asked GW what he liked most about being prez, he didn't say "being a world leader" or something worthy like "being able to help the poor"..., he said what he liked most about being prez was the PAMPERING! :lmao:

I'm not asking anyone to trust me, but god is.

Yeah, You guy's really pampered Bush. Good one. He at least has a sense of humor. I have always trusted in God, it's myself I don't trust. I try not to blame God for what we do with Free Will. How about you? Are you done blaming? Good. ;)

Me pamper GW? Don't think so, I'm from that great country north of you that you merruccans were unable to subdue.

I never blamed god for anything, how can you put the blame on something that's not even there?:cuckoo:

You should do real well in Canada with your social and comprehension skills. Play nice now and stop scaring the wildlife. Don't make us have to invade you. The English will probably be fighting on our side this time around. How long would this war last? I'm free for lunch tomorrow after 12:30. I say we invade Canada by 3:00, Victory and a celebration dinner at say 8:30, then get shit faced. That works.

Sky seems to think we're headed towards a Christian theocrasy in this country. Is she crazy or do her warnings have merrit?

Sky is crazy. She hates Christianity and Christians so much that she is willing to quash their religious freedom, persecute them for their religion, ban them from certain professions based upon their faith (remember the Nazis?) and prevent them from speaking their faith.She is willing to do this at the same time she believes we should be forced into acceptance of Islam politics and Sharia law in this country.

Sky is my hero.

You, of course, have links to her posts that say each of those things you claim she believes. :eusa_whistle:

Look them up yourself. She has supported and admitted to every single one of those things, has admitted to wanting to see the rights of Christians limited. Look at the threads she participated in before her last conspicuous vacation from the board, when we were discussing those things EXACTLY.

As long as American citizens value separation of church and state we have nothing to fear regarding theocracy.

Which is why the government has no right limiting the professions people of any religion can enter or prevent them from discussing their religion in any venue they so desire. You see separation of church and state as an excuse for the state to interfere with the church and make it invisible. That was not the purpose of it at all. It was to protect the rights of people of religion and to enable them to fully participate in the politics and pursual of income and happiness with no hinderance based upon their religion.

Really?

Who would that be? YOu have a link?

Germans didn't take the Nazis seriously either.

And the first thing the Nazis did when they were in power was demonize the Jews.

Not only the Jews, but also the Poles, gypsies, mentally challenged, and homosexuals.

Historians are widely divided on the character and depth of what religious convictions Hitler may have had. Raised Catholic he was technically Catholic until his death, but by the time he had embarked on his rise to power, he had rejected most Catholic tenents and had rewritten Christianity into his own convenient perspective. And he made a somewhat lame attempt at establishing his own theocracy in Germany. There are better sources than Wiki, but this excerpt I believe is pretty accurate:

Not all the Protestant churches submitted to the state,[40] which Hitler said in Mein Kampf was important in forming a political movement. Hitler supported the appointment of Ludwig Müller as Reichsbischof over the Protestant churches, hoping that he would get them to adhere to Nazi positions. After 1935 Hitler was advised by the newly-appointed Reich Minister for Church Affairs Hans Kerrl. Many Protestants who were not persuaded by argument were arrested and their property and funds confiscated. Hitler said of the Protestants "you can do anything you want with them, they will submit..."[41]

By 1940 it was public knowledge that Hitler had abandoned advocating for Germans even the syncretist idea of a positive Christianity.[42]

Adolf Hitler's religious views - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spot on. The US is second to none when it comes to religous tolerance.

Yes. Because it is secular. Not Christian.

Tell that to the Christians. They disagree with you. They argue America is and has always been a Christian nation.
They also believe English is the national language, and "white" is the national race.

Christianity is, unfortunately, becoming less and less influential in America each year.
Why is that unfortunate?

You should do real well in Canada with your social and comprehension skills. Play nice now and stop scaring the wildlife. Don't make us have to invade you. The English will probably be fighting on our side this time around. How long would this war last? I'm free for lunch tomorrow after 12:30. I say we invade Canada by 3:00, Victory and a celebration dinner at say 8:30, then get shit faced. That works.

I don't think the US has enough forces left to invade Canada, you're trying to fight too many countries at once these days. And like holy fuck man, you can't even take Afghanistan and they're all fighting in PJs and slippers and most of them are smacked out on heroin. Never mind that they don't have any planes, tanks, trucks, canons or cruise missiles. And just wait till you guys get bogged down in our maple syrop traps, you think Nam was a quagmire?

I don't think the US has enough forces left to invade Canada, you're trying to fight too many countries at once these days. And like holy fuck man, you can't even take Afghanistan and they're all fighting in PJs and slippers and most of them are smacked out on heroin. Never mind that they don't have any planes, tanks, trucks, canons or cruise missiles. And just wait till you guys get bogged down in our maple syrop traps, you think Nam was a quagmire?

Maybe we should just ignore you, I like that idea better.

Getting bogged down in Afghanistan has historically signaled the end of an empire.

The British experienced this phenomena two centuries ago.

And the Russians were subject to the same fate in the last century.

Now America is the latest empire to fall victim to the Afghanistan curse.

this is utter stupidity
and totally wrong

OH come on Dive con!!

This was not a serious question. It is like asking, willl the Pope convert to Judaism?

Really?

Who would that be? YOu have a link?

Let say I have a link

What would you do with it?

Forum List

Back