WikiLeaks Founder Says Obama Should Resign...

You are the one wishing the man dead. No process or evidence he has harmed the country. Maybe we should consider death for you. That would be fair wouldnt it?

If I performed espionage against the United States then released that information I would hope the CIA would be hunting me down.

But I didn't and he did. You are being irrational.

He didnt , he was given the info and as a journalist he released the info.

Lying wont make it so

He's not a journalist or an American, he has no rights.

Assange should be dead.

Why should this journalist be dead?

He should be hunted by the CIA and assassinated to protect our national secrets.

He is not a united states journalist and is releasing our classified documents, an act of espionage against US meant to hurt the United States and every citizen who lives here.

That is enough reason for me.

What a load of crap. All this talk about "hunting" people and "assasinating" people makes me think of the KGB.

The US is not the USSR.

Assange should be dead.

See, and if someone were to say the same about you, it would be considered fucked up. I think you're fucked up.

Your opinion and a dime is worth about 10 cents to me. Difference between me and Assange, I haven't put the lives of Americans at risk. He has. I don't expect you to understand that... it's above your intellectual pay grade.

PROVE THEY ARE AT RISK!!

Is that an excuse Rangel could use. If I revealed my income source lives would be a risk.

That line can be used everywhere, eaten up By useful idiots and big nanny government supporters. I had never thought of you that way before, MY BAD.

Asange hasn't commited an executable crime [yet].

If he was to be on the "to do" list, he woulda been on "the dead list" by now.

He's an paranoid arrogant asshole who thought governments were out to get him, he's trying to prove himself right. And he is right, now.

By definition he has committed espionage, and should be captured, put on trial, if found guilty, he does life in a Federal prison. If someone dies from his actions....

I heard "Ol Sparky" can be up and running in days.

IMO, it's not clear he, himself, has committed espionage. He received the information from other sources, who were the spies. Under what conditions and facts we don't know. But there's a fine line between simply taking the info somebody has already stolen and conspiring to steal it in the first place. I don't know the facts on that, but if there's evidence then yes - life in Uncle Sam's Flophouse is the right answer.

If I performed espionage against the United States then released that information I would hope the CIA would be hunting me down.

But I didn't and he did. You are being irrational.

Lying wont make it so

Why do you say hes not a journalist?????

So according to you no one who is a nonAmerican has any rights?

You people have jumped the shark.

You would agree to anything in name of your failed ideas.

Lying wont make it so

One question mark is sufficient for anyone with a brain.... He's not trained in journalism, has no experience as a journalist.... he may call himself a journalist. So could I. It doesn't make me a journalist.

He does not have the right to disseminate stolen information. Just like I don't have the right to steal from you and then pass those goods on to someone else. It's theft. In this case, it's espionage.

Lying wont make it so

:lol::lol:

The most ridiculous post in the thread.
:eusa_drool:

"But Assange's site has also repeatedly shown a wildly irresponsible disregard for the rights and safety of human beings around the world. And for all the hype surrounding it, what I find most disturbing about the latest WikiLeaks document dump is the resulting exposure of a broad divide between the ethics of responsible journalists and crusading poseurs like Assange."

"When given the names of Afghan civilians aiding the US, a responsible news organization would never have printed them. WikiLeaks didn't think twice about it. When Amnesty International complained, Assange denied responsibility, arguing that he is not a journalist. He suggested that Amnesty provide staff to redact the names from the already-published documents. When they asked for a meeting, he replied, "I'm very busy and have no time to deal with people who prefer to do nothing but cover their asses," before threatening to issue a press release condemning Amnesty for not giving him staff to redact the information he had already posted on his website."

Now, I found other links that proved me right, but a truly wanted to hammer home how uniformed you are, so I pulled these from your favorite blog.

The Huffington post

Larry Womack: WikiLeaks Rips the Blogger-Reporter Ethics Gap Wide Open
:eusa_whistle:

One question mark is sufficient for anyone with a brain.... He's not trained in journalism, has no experience as a journalist.... he may call himself a journalist. So could I. It doesn't make me a journalist.

He does not have the right to disseminate stolen information. Just like I don't have the right to steal from you and then pass those goods on to someone else. It's theft. In this case, it's espionage.

Stolen information is not treated in law the same as stolen property, CG. It can't be. Receiving stolen goods is a crime because those goods are traceable and returnable. It's a policy to discourage fencing and remove the incentive to steal. How does one identify and return stolen information? Should every media source who has commented on the story using material from that information also be liable for espionage, as the holder of stolen goods can be liable no matter how many hands its gone through?

Lying wont make it so

The brain dead are out in force today. And who says zombies aren't real.

They quote him as claiming that he's not a journalist.

And he doesn't have any American or Contitutional rights. I forget I need to be specific with zombies, you things are so easily distracted.

Stolen information is not treated in law the same as stolen property, CG. It can't be. Receiving stolen goods is a crime because those goods are traceable and returnable. It's a policy to discourage fencing and remove the incentive to steal. How does one identify and return stolen information? Should every media source who has commented on the story using material from that information also be liable for espionage, as the holder of stolen goods can be liable no matter how many hands its gone through?

In my opinion, yes, they should. Maybe then they would understand the importance of their grubby behavior.

Freedom of the press is a wonderful thing - but the press also have a responsibility to understand their role in disseminating information. As you know, I don't hold the press in much regard... which is why I don't work in journalism. With freedom comes responsibility.

:lol::lol:

The most ridiculous post in the thread.
:eusa_drool:

"But Assange's site has also repeatedly shown a wildly irresponsible disregard for the rights and safety of human beings around the world. And for all the hype surrounding it, what I find most disturbing about the latest WikiLeaks document dump is the resulting exposure of a broad divide between the ethics of responsible journalists and crusading poseurs like Assange."

"When given the names of Afghan civilians aiding the US, a responsible news organization would never have printed them. WikiLeaks didn't think twice about it. When Amnesty International complained, Assange denied responsibility, arguing that he is not a journalist. He suggested that Amnesty provide staff to redact the names from the already-published documents. When they asked for a meeting, he replied, "I'm very busy and have no time to deal with people who prefer to do nothing but cover their asses," before threatening to issue a press release condemning Amnesty for not giving him staff to redact the information he had already posted on his website."

Now, I found other links that proved me right, but a truly wanted to hammer home how uniformed you are, so I pulled these from your favorite blog.

The Huffington post

:eusa_whistle:

If you check my posts..my Problem with Assange is just that..he published unfiltered classified documents. He put the lives of Afghans and Iraqis at risk. It was, at the very least, extremely irresponsible.

But I can't figure out what to charge him with..although recieving stolen property sounds about right.

But claiming because he's not an "American" or a "Journalist" with no rights or legal protections is incredibly wrong. Our own Constitution provides legal protections for anyone in American Jurisdiction. And other countries provide rights and legal protections as well.

Getting so crazy over this doesn't do anyone any good. The world is probably having a good laugh watching interpol chase this guy for "rape" when nearly the same thing happened to Scott Ritter.

What this should really do is provide a starting point for how documents get classified in this country..and the protocols to keep them secret. Classifying every single document that the government recieves is a nightmare to manage.

Last edited:
Since when do we give a fuck what rapist douchebags think about our political institutions?

By saying "rapist douchebags" you are referring to a guy whose charge is for having sex without a condom.

That is hardly rape.

He did redact them before he released them.

He even asked the gov to help him redact them and they refused.

The brain dead are out in force today. And who says zombies aren't real.

They quote him as claiming that he's not a journalist.

And he doesn't have any American or Contitutional rights. I forget I need to be specific with zombies, you things are so easily distracted.

He has no constitutional rights where he is now, no. If extradited and tried in the US for espionage he would have constitutional rights in our courts and prisons though, and our law and constitution would of course be applied in the process.

Doesn't matter, espionage isn't protected speech. But if he's brought here for trial all the same rules would apply as though he were American.

In my opinion, yes, they should. Maybe then they would understand the importance of their grubby behavior.

Freedom of the press is a wonderful thing - but the press also have a responsibility to understand their role in disseminating information. As you know, I don't hold the press in much regard... which is why I don't work in journalism. With freedom comes responsibility.

Then we would all be open for espionage charges for discussing it too. Where does the criminal transaction end?

Asange hasn't commited an executable crime [yet].

If he was to be on the "to do" list, he woulda been on "the dead list" by now.

He's an paranoid arrogant asshole who thought governments were out to get him, he's trying to prove himself right. And he is right, now.

By definition he has committed espionage, and should be captured, put on trial, if found guilty, he does life in a Federal prison. If someone dies from his actions....

I heard "Ol Sparky" can be up and running in days.

IMO, it's not clear he, himself, has committed espionage. He received the information from other sources, who were the spies. Under what conditions and facts we don't know. But there's a fine line between simply taking the info somebody has already stolen and conspiring to steal it in the first place. I don't know the facts on that, but if there's evidence then yes - life in Uncle Sam's Flophouse is the right answer.

It seems cut and dry to me.

He received stolen goods, that's a crime.
He new the info was maked "confidential", "secret" and "top secret". He then made it public. That's espionage.

Even if he was an American, he wouldn't be guilty of treason. It has a very, very narrow definition, b/c it starts with the death penalty and can go down from there. Espionage has a very browd definition and he does fall into that catagory. Someone has to die b/c of what he did for them to seek the DP.

Forum List

Back