WikiLeaks Founder Says Obama Should Resign...

Assange should be dead.

He's a piece of shit and obviously hostile to the US. He should be classified as a terrorist.

There may be political cultures with more routine, casual calls for blood than America's, but there aren't many. For all the talk of bellicose foreign enemies, we sure take the cake for demanding people be murdered on a whim. Nevermind that it's explicitly against US and international law to assassinate people. I mean since when do laws apply to what the government does? Amirite?

Ravi helpfully provides the latest and greatest warping of the most meaningless word in all of the English language for us.

"Terrorist" (ter-uh-rist)/noun: "anyone defying or impeding the will of the U.S. Government with any degree of efficacy."

Oh and by the way, espionage isn't what Wikileaks does, espionage is what the cables revealed the US has been ordering diplomats to do in a violation of international law.

Pesky details, stupid laws. Let's get to murderin' foreign sumbitches already!

Why didn't you quote the post of me saying that if I did the same thing I would hope the CIA would be hunting me down too?

Why?

Cause it's redundant. There are already two examples of you proving you literally could not give less of a fuck about the law, it doesn't even enter into the equation, and instead just want people murdered willy-nilly if they make your government look bad by merely revealing what it does. You are an amoral person who abhors things like society, order, democracy, and their foundations, preferring the ol' tyrannical solution of the Middle Ages (off with his head!). With two wonderful examples of that batshit cave man mindset, a third really isn't necessary no matter how helpfully you provided it.

"if the US is to be seen to be a credible nation that obeys the rule of law"

that ship sailed decades ago o_0

Ah but the fact that I said this does cut into the "point" you were making about my calls for hunting him down.

I'm not sure what you think you're saying or what you think my point is, but it doesn't.

You think publishing classified information, even if you've received it as a third party, justifies or should result in murder.

That demonstrates open contempt for the idea that the law means diddly squat and is basically an insane call for the removal of checks from power and wanton assassination on a whim.

Oh you made an empty comment that it should apply to you too...okay? You want credit for being consistently crazy? Bully for you.

He's a piece of shit and obviously hostile to the US. He should be classified as a terrorist.

That would require a very, very broad definition of terrorist.

There's a number of pols I would like to see tarred, feathered and ridden out on a rail, but I'm not a terrorist.

And neither is assange. He's just a paranoid asshat that went to far and needs to be put on trial.

Let the courts work it out.

If he's guilty; life in a Federal Prison
If not; *sigh* well justice prevailed and he and others, get free reign to do as they please, and our diplomacy comes to a screeeching halt.

Life?

That's a little crazy.

It would also be extremely hard to convict him in an American court.

Not in the least.

Lets say some terrorist are in town A. There's a person that lives there that hates them and want s to help us get rid of them, so he, his family and the people of town A can live in peace. He now knows that if he helps us, his name may become public. So instead of rising a revenge killing on him and his family he keeps his mouth shut. A week later an explosion blows up the school where his daughter and every other girl went to learn, killing them all.

Life, is not an unreasonable punishment to seek out.

But, yes, it may be hard to convict him.

Better to try and fail than do nothing.

It's now in the public domain. We are free to wonder through the files all we want, as long as we don't try to turn a profit or use it to commit another crime, the rest of us are good.

Bingo! :clap2:

Which is exactly why stolen information is not the same as stolen goods, and the criminality stops at first dissemination.

Although of course the media is looking to turn a profit using the information. ;)

hmmm

I disagree. Assange knew he was getting stolen info , and disseminating stolen info. so he, and the person/people that gave/sold him the info are in trouble.

The media outlets that further spread it for profit hmm :eusa_think:

Unfortunately that's not where the line is drawn. It can't be. Remember, "publication" as a legal term of art and as used in the espionage statute refers to passing along the information by any means, not necessarily or even usually what we think of as "publication" in the media. Once the alleged spy tells even one person, it has been "published" and the transaction is complete.

The espionage statute states clearly it is a crime to "publish" the information, it does not state in any way that it is a crime to have the information given to you. Which is why Assange would have had to act in furtherance of the crime, not just passively accept the information given. It may be a flaw in the statute, or it may not be depending on how you balance the issues, but there simply is no law against passive receipt of information.

CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, the NYT, WSJ, etc. also know they are spreading and disseminating stolen information, yet they are doing so with impunity and speech protection. AND they are profiting from it. Some would have them punished as spies for using information already in the public arena for this purpose. Should they be? Food for thought, eh?

The BBC reported:
A long list of key facilities around the world that the US describes as vital to its national security has been released by Wikileaks.
In February 2009 the State Department asked all US missions abroad to list all installations whose loss could critically affect US national security.
The list includes pipelines, communication and transport hubs.
Several UK sites are listed, including cable locations, satellite sites and BAE Systems plants.
BBC diplomatic correspondent Jonathan Marcus says this is probably the most controversial document yet from the Wikileaks organisation.
The definition of US national security revealed by the cable is broad and all embracing, he says.
There are obvious pieces of strategic infrastructure like communications hubs, gas pipelines and so on. However, other facilities on the list include:
* Cobalt mine in Congo
* Anti-snake venom factory in Australia
* Insulin plant in Denmark
In Britain, the list ranges from Cornwall to Scotland, including key satellite communications sites and the places where trans-Atlantic cables make landfall.
A number of BAE Systems plants involved in joint weapons programmes with the Americans are listed, along with a marine engineering firm in Edinburgh which is said to be “critical” for nuclear powered submarines.

I've can't believe that Barry Soetoro is so quiet about a security breach? He has not uttered a single word about this?
Something tells me Obama likes the damage it will do to us.
I will agree with Assange on one thing – Obama needs to resign.

Last edited:
That would require a very, very broad definition of terrorist.

There's a number of pols I would like to see tarred, feathered and ridden out on a rail, but I'm not a terrorist.

And neither is assange. He's just a paranoid asshat that went to far and needs to be put on trial.

Let the courts work it out.

If he's guilty; life in a Federal Prison
If not; *sigh* well justice prevailed and he and others, get free reign to do as they please, and our diplomacy comes to a screeeching halt.

Life?

That's a little crazy.

It would also be extremely hard to convict him in an American court.

Not in the least.

Lets say some terrorist are in town A. There's a person that lives there that hates them and want s to help us get rid of them, so he, his family and the people of town A can live in peace. He now knows that if he helps us, his name may become public. So instead of rising a revenge killing on him and his family he keeps his mouth shut. A week later an explosion blows up the school where his daughter and every other girl went to learn, killing them all.

Life, is not an unreasonable punishment to seek out.

But, yes, it may be hard to convict him.

Better to try and fail than do nothing.

Yes it is.

There are several reasons why..and I will list the most obvious.

First it's an extremely harsh penalty for someone at the recieving end. This makes it difficult for most countries to help get this guy back to the states. Even if they agree that what Assange did was unlawful.

Second it's a staggering blow against whistle blowers and journalists. Mix in there are probably first amendment issues as well.

If Assange were facing a life sentence and was somehow brought back to the United States, you can bet your bottom dollar that there would be some very powerful groups coming to his aid.

Nothing Assange did makes a life sentence an appropriate punishment. It is not reasonable no matter how far one tries to stretch it.

I've can't believe that Barry Soetoro is so quiet about a security breach? He has not uttered a single word about this?

:lol:

Assange should be dead.

WikiLeaks boy should be hunted down by the CIA and shot dead.

End of story.

Next :D

Indeed. Like, way dead and months ago.

There may be political cultures with more routine, casual calls for blood than America's, but there aren't many. For all the talk of bellicose foreign enemies, we sure take the cake for demanding people be murdered on a whim. Nevermind that it's explicitly against US and international law to assassinate people. I mean since when do laws apply to what the government does? Amirite?

Ravi helpfully provides the latest and greatest warping of the most meaningless word in all of the English language for us.

"Terrorist" (ter-uh-rist)/noun: "anyone defying or impeding the will of the U.S. Government with any degree of efficacy."

Oh and by the way, espionage isn't what Wikileaks does, espionage is what the cables revealed the US has been ordering diplomats to do in a violation of international law.

Firstly, I don't really care what other countries do. Ain't my business.

Secondly, I didn't say anything about 'murdering' the guy. I said he should be dead. Personally, I lean towards a trial, a guilty verdict, followed by good old justice - American style... ie... the death penalty. Job done.

Now why'd you go and encourage him that way? :lol:

That one calls for Obama to resign if the wind blows from the West on a Thursday.

He's the President. This is Holder's baby. Let's see what the DoJ does before we whine about Obama or Holder.

Assange should be dead.

Secondly, I didn't say anything about 'murdering' the guy. I said he should be dead. Personally, I lean towards a trial, a guilty verdict, followed by good old justice - American style... ie... the death penalty. Job done.

Guilty of WHAT?

Now why'd you go and encourage him that way? :lol:

That one calls for Obama to resign if the wind blows from the West on a Thursday.

Because I really busted out laughing when I read that post.:lol:

:eusa_angel:

Espionage is not a capital offense. You're thinking of treason, which this ain't.

So yes, killing the guy for a non-capital offense would in fact be murder.

Forum List

Back