Wikileaks: First Amendment Or Espionage?

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Is it a crime what Assange did? Or is he protected by Free Speech/Free Press? You make the call. I'm interested in hearing what you all think. Thanks.

Last edited:
The most basic definition of espionage is the use of spies by a government to learn the military secrets of other nations. So your topic question is illogical.

Last edited:
Or is he protected by Free Speech/Free Press?

He isn't an American citizen, he isn't subject to US law. Case closed.

He has obtained illegal Contraband, Classified Information illegally obtained, and has done great harm to this Country. This is a hostile act that will cost in human life. You stick your head up your ass, if you must, don't include the rest of us. Fight to have the site shut down. Boycott it until it is.

or better yet download a copy of the insurance files.

I can't buy the argument that leaks vetted by the DOD are contraband. Sorry. Besides that same DOD steals every e communication on earth that they can steal. Billions/year. They do it in violation of our law and international law and they steal biometric data from foreign embassadors.

If he was a muzzie we would have got him by now.

But he is a muzze lover and, just like Mohammed, a pervert (Interpol are after him).

Assange is bound to have an accident in the future, one would assume.

He is an online Osama bin Laden.

Is it a crime what Assange did? Or is he protected by Free Speech/Free Press? You make the call. I'm interested in hearing what you all think. Thanks.

It is a crime. He took classified information and dumped it raw on the world. HE chose to disclose it, he violated US law It is past time to teach these people they do not get to set the rules.

As I understand it Interpol agrees and has an arrest warrant out for him. The arrest warrant should include anyone that worked with him on disclosing this information.

The US should demand extradition and any Country that refuses should be taken off any list where they are given preference or standing with the US.

Or is he protected by Free Speech/Free Press?

It is true that he's not a U.S. citizen.

It is NOT true that (because of that) he is not subject to U.S. law.

Lots of folks who are not U.S. citizens are subject to U.S. law.

Case not closed.

Only because we kidnap them and sequester them into our jurisdiction or rely on other nations to do so on our behalf.

The US has no jursidiction to try him unless he commits an act of war or engages in espionage, which he hasn't. He could be swept up under some terrorism provision but he isn't a terrorist.

He's a guy who cooperated with our WH and DOD to leak low level classification documents across a world wide media.

China has prevented wikileaks from being accessed within their internet sphere. We some how can't do that even tho we can enforce copyrights online.

Why? Because wikileaks is most likely a US intelligence asset.

On the other hand if wikileaks releases documents detailing Russian corruption the world wide intel community expects he will die shortly.

If he had undermined Israel, Mosad would have killed him by now.

But somehow the big bad USA is powerless to stop him.....gee

or better yet download a copy of the insurance files.

I can't buy the argument that leaks vetted by the DOD are contraband. Sorry. Besides that same DOD steals every e communication on earth that they can steal. Billions/year. They do it in violation of our law and international law and they steal biometric data from foreign embassadors.

I agree with you. I live in a free society with a 1st Amendment. The same people moaning are the same people that would confiscate my pc on a whim, and scatter my data to the wind. The same kinds of people sent my data to India, and have sold it out to American commercial interests. Well folks, it is payback time!!

Here is some more of Wikileaks, going after Bank of America.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange told Forbes magazine last month that he'll release documents from a U.S. bank next year. He told another magazine in 2009 that his group had a hard drive crammed with documents from a Bank of America executive.

WikiLeaks plans to release "either tens or hundreds of thousands of documents depending on how you define it," Assange said in a Nov. 11 interview with Forbes.

He said the release early next year would include "some flagrant violations, unethical practices."

WikiLeaks' next target may well be Bank of America | delawareonline.com | The News Journal

Just saw that Interpol is now involved with apprehending him. Something to do with a Rape accusation.

It is true that he's not a U.S. citizen.

It is NOT true that (because of that) he is not subject to U.S. law.

Lots of folks who are not U.S. citizens are subject to U.S. law.

Case not closed.

Only because we kidnap them and sequester them into our jurisdiction or rely on other nations to do so on our behalf.

The US has no jursidiction to try him unless he commits an act of war or engages in espionage, which he hasn't. He could be swept up under some terrorism provision but he isn't a terrorist.

He's a guy who cooperated with our WH and DOD to leak low level classification documents across a world wide media.

China has prevented wikileaks from being accessed within their internet sphere. We some how can't do that even tho we can enforce copyrights online.

Why? Because wikileaks is most likely a US intelligence asset.

On the other hand if wikileaks releases documents detailing Russian corruption the world wide intel community expects he will die shortly.

If he had undermined Israel, Mosad would have killed him by now.

But somehow the big bad USA is powerless to stop him.....gee

Wrong. Lots of aliens live here and are subject to our law. The jurisdictional basis in such cases would be their actual presence here.

The jurisdictional basis to prosecute Assange would be the nexus of his acts to the material being disseminated.

That you don't understand the nature of jurisdiction is not surprising. But suffice it to say, that your ignorance is not persuasive. You are wrong.

Forum List

Back