Wikileaks: First Amendment Or Espionage?

It is true that he's not a U.S. citizen.

It is NOT true that (because of that) he is not subject to U.S. law.

Lots of folks who are not U.S. citizens are subject to U.S. law.

Case not closed.

To bring someone under our criminal law for an act against the U.S., we have to go through appropriate extradition proceedings. it's not legal for us just to go in and grab someone up and drag them here.

I'll take "Who was Manuel Noriega"? For $1,000 Alex.

The NYT gave their documents to the DOD and WH to be vetted prior to publication. And the documents were already in the public domain fully covered by free press authority.

I don't think that being in the public domain reclassifies a document. If it is marked "Secret" you don't get to use the "He did it first" defense.

A document is classified until it is declassified

What deems it as classified?

Becuase a "stamp" is on it saying CLASSIFIED?

To me, a document is classified until someone without proper clearance has access to it...whether they were stolen or not. WQhat makes it classified is not what it is called, but who gets to see it.

A classified document should have better protection...if it doesnt it is subject to become unclassified.

You were a Marine and do not know how classification occurs or how it works? The stamp is in fact what classifies it. Somethings before being stamped are classified simply by the proper level of authority declaring them classified.

ANYONE that discloses classified information without proper authorization is guilty of Espionage. Does not matter how they got it. Does not matter if a whistle-blower delivered it. Once one is in possession of clearly marked classified material of the US Government they must safe guard it, destroy it, return it or get authorization from the proper authority to disclose it.

This dumb ass would have no problem if he had vetted with the US Government. Because he refused he is guilty of espionage.

It is true that he's not a U.S. citizen.

It is NOT true that (because of that) he is not subject to U.S. law.

Lots of folks who are not U.S. citizens are subject to U.S. law.

Case not closed.

To bring someone under our criminal law for an act against the U.S., we have to go through appropriate extradition proceedings. it's not legal for us just to go in and grab someone up and drag them here.

that wasn't legal, though, was it?

I don't think that being in the public domain reclassifies a document. If it is marked "Secret" you don't get to use the "He did it first" defense.

A document is classified until it is declassified

To me, a document is classified until someone without proper clearance has access to it...whether they were stolen or not. WQhat makes it classified is not what it is called, but who gets to see it.

A classified document should have better protection...if it doesnt it is subject to become unclassified.

You were a Marine and do not know how classification occurs or how it works? The stamp is in fact what classifies it. Somethings before being stamped are classified simply by the proper level of authority declaring them classified.

ANYONE that discloses classified information without proper authorization is guilty of Espionage. Does not matter how they got it. Does not matter if a whistle-blower delivered it. Once one is in possession of clearly marked classified material of the US Government they must safe guard it, destroy it, return it or get authorization from the proper authority to disclose it.

This dumb ass would have no problem if he had vetted with the US Government. Because he refused he is guilty of espionage.

I was being facetious.....Yes, the stamp makes it classified technically....
But what truly makes iut classified are the eyes that do and do not see it.

And I have a question for you.....what is to stop me from taking my sons history essay and stamping it classified?

A stamp classifying it is only as valid as the eyes that get to see it.

that wasn't legal, though, was it?

It was a military action brought on by events Noriega created. He attacked US military and dependents in the Canal Zone. As I recall he kidnapped one military member and the wife of another. We don't do declarations of War anymore but Congress authorized action. Completely legal.

And I have a question for you.....what is to stop me from taking my sons history essay and stamping it classified?

RETARD ALERT. That is why we have laws to deal with people that illegal gain access to classified material.

RETARD ALERT. That is why we have laws to deal with people that illegal gain access to classified material.

yo...what good are those laws?

Wouldnt it be better to simply protect the docs better?

Classified is more than a stamp. It is an act of treating them with better care.

Funny thing...the people cant get their hands on the original BC of the president, but some PFC and now the world has access to hundreds of thousands of classidfied docs.

you know that. and i know that.

Provide some kind of case law that makes waging war illegal. I won't hold my breath waiting for anything.

i'm afraid your babbling is fairly incomprehensible. but if you mean are there certain legalities that must occur before we can LEGALLY wage war, the answer is yes.

Only needs one thing to happen and a second to approve it even after the fact.The President is LEGALLY and CONSTITUTIONAL allowed to attack anyone he cares to with the military.

Only Congress can declare a war but the President can start one. Once he does he has 90 days to get the approval of the Congress. Congress is not Constitutional required to make a formal declaration of war. All they need do is authorize the expenditure of moneys to wage said war.

Now I repeat provide us some case law that made Panama invasion illegal under US law.

Of course not.

Read my post, it was totally legal. We waged war against Panama with our military. Sorry to bust your ignorant bubble.

Really? I must have missed when Congress declared war on Panama.

Not to mention, Noriega was a CIA agent....

There is no Constitutional requirement that Congress declare war. They can, as they have since the 1950's simply agree to fund a war waged by the US. The President is free to use the military anyway he wants outside the borders of the US for 90 days after which Congress must approve. That is the law.

Feel free to run away when ask to prove your point. Usual antics of a left winger, make false claims get caught make more false claims then when it does not stop the request for proof, run away.

I repeat, give us case law that made the US invasion of Panama illegal.

Forum List

Back