Wi senator's wife signs his recall pertition

Yes.

Protesters = Terrorists

I like where this is going ....

You don't like the truth? You try to use fear, intimidation, etc to get your way politically, which is exactly what this mob is doing by showing up at the Senators house, you are using terrorism.

The fact that no deaths occur, doesnt mean it's not terror.

protesting is a "terror tactic" now? or is it just when they're protesting things you don't like?

because i don't recall you having any problem with protestors terrorizing women who go into abortion clinics.

Protesting is not creating an angry mob and showing up at someones house.

However, if you want to call these despicable acts protesting, then yes protesting would be at terror tactic if you are trying to influence politics by intimidating others rather than working through the normal political process.

You mean give into terror tactics such as those employed by the mob outside his house?

Yes.

Protesters = Terrorists

You don't like the truth? You try to use fear, intimidation, etc to get your way politically, which is exactly what this mob is doing by showing up at the Senators house, you are using terrorism.

They are protesting the Senators vote. They are not threatening him and if he feels intimidated he fucking well should be. He won his election by less than 200 votes and he is facing a possible recall.

As far as I can tell they are not breaking any laws. If they do so they should be arrested and removed.

Until then, tough shit.

And by the way do you have any oh, I dunno evidence that proves these people were an "angry mob" and not just outside the guys house protesting?

Some footage would help.

Political Circus: Hell hath no fury like a senator's wife scorned - CNN.com

Wisconsin state Sen. Randy Hopper, a Republican from Fond du Lac, is not only facing backlash from constituents angry over his support for Gov. Scott Walker's union busting bill -- but from his wife.

According to RawStory.com, protesters who came to his home this past weekend were met by Mrs. Hopper, who told them that her husband "was no longer in residence at this address, but now lives in Madison, Wisconsin, with his 25-year-old mistress."

To make matters worse for Sen. Hopper? A recall effort is under way and one of its top supporters is his wife.
Since it is expected that not a single Republican that might face a recall will lose, this amounts to the equivalent of washer women cackling over the back fences with one another.

The democrat fleebaggers on the other hand may have much more problems surviving their possible upcoming recall efforts.

Yes.

Protesters = Terrorists

protesting is a "terror tactic" now? or is it just when they're protesting things you don't like?

because i don't recall you having any problem with protestors terrorizing women who go into abortion clinics.

Protesting at ones home creates fear.

I have had a protest outside of my office once. Had notthing to do about what I did wrong. It had to do with a former employee claiming I fired him becuase he was Black. He neglected to mention that we was caufght doing lines of cocaine on his desk during business hours.
The protest consisted of about 15 of his friends standing outside my office calling me racist...Cops werew there and since they were peaceful, they did not disperse them. But I had no fear...nor did my employees.

If they came to my house (whcich they threatened but never did), I would have had fear. So much fear for my family, that I pout my wife and kids in a hotel for tweo nights after they threatened to come to my house.

Would you not do the same?

Yes.

Protesters = Terrorists

They are protesting the Senators vote. They are not threatening him and if he feels intimidated he fucking well should be. He won his election by less than 200 votes and he is facing a possible recall.

As far as I can tell they are not breaking any laws. If they do so they should be arrested and removed.

Until then, tough shit.

SO as long as I am not breaking any law, it is OK that I do things that may create fear in your family becuase I disagree with you?

SO you would be OK for me and my friends to come to your home and protest as long as I dont break any laws?

I say give it up. It was an irrational statement on your part and admit it was an err of judgement and move on.

You are truly looking foolish every time you try to defend it.

I have had a protest outside of my office once. Had notthing to do about what I did wrong. It had to do with a former employee claiming I fired him becuase he was Black. He neglected to mention that we was caufght doing lines of cocaine on his desk during business hours.
The protest consisted of about 15 of his friends standing outside my office calling me racist...Cops werew there and since they were peaceful, they did not disperse them. But I had no fear...nor did my employees.

If they came to my house (whcich they threatened but never did), I would have had fear. So much fear for my family, that I pout my wife and kids in a hotel for tweo nights after they threatened to come to my house.

protesting outside of abortion clinics creates fear, too.

i probably would do the same as you, yes... but like i said. i'd put money on the woman allowing/encouraging them to be there.

Until then, tough shit.

SO as long as I am not breaking any law, it is OK that I do things that may create fear in your family becuase I disagree with you?

SO you would be OK for me and my friends to come to your home and protest as long as I dont break any laws?

I say give it up. It was an irrational statement on your part and admit it was an err of judgement and move on.

Come on down. We'll have a wild time. You'll look real silly not having a legit reason for it but whatev. I'll even call the local media to get you some air time.

As far as me "giving up" ... pound sand, guy.

i probably would do the same as you, yes... but like i said. i'd put money on the woman allowing/encouraging them to be there.

Protesting my business is fine.
Protesting my house is a different story.

If I were an abortion doctor, it is my choice to have the business and therefore a protest is appropriate in front of my business.

My employees chose to work there...knowing protests are possible.

But my children did not choose my trade. Why should they be subject to it?

It is inappropriate and selfish strong arm tactic...designed to create fear.

It is abuse of the right to congregate....but legal non the less.

But morally wrong.

Is flying a plane a "terror tactic"? No. But depending on how you do it, you might be committing terrorism. Same thing with protesting. But really, I don't think it's the point so much. Nobody should have to be put in that position to worry that a mob in front of their house is going to remain peaceful or turn violent. The neighbors should not be forced to deal with the mob. There's a time and place for everything. The home is not the place.

Until then, tough shit.

Come on down. We'll have a wild time. You'll look real silly not having a legit reason for it but whatev. I'll even call the local media to get you some air time.

As far as me "giving up" ... pound sand, guy.

Whatever....fine...you feel it is appropriate to intrude on the personal life of someone you disagree with from a business or political standpoint.

Speaks volumes of who you are and what you are all about.

Me? I dont like a politician....I am confident enough in my position to not feel the need to get it across in a way where it intimidates him/her or his/her family.

You feel otherwise.

Curious...to what advanttage is there to protesting at his home as opposed to the Capitol Building?

If I were an abortion doctor, it is my choice to have the business and therefore a protest is appropriate in front of my business.

But morally wrong.

What about the privacy of the women seeking medical help at Planned Parenthood? You do realize the majority who use PP are not seeking an abortion?
These women just want birth control, checks up etc, why should they be subject to the protests?

But morally wrong.

I would not agree to this even. Anyone running a legal business should not be harassed at their place of business. If people have an issue with the law, they should take their protests to the law makers. No need to harass innocent citizens who are just doing business.

But morally wrong.

What about the privacy of the women seeking medical help at Planned Parenthood? You do realize the majority who use PP are not seeking an abortion?
These women just want birth control, checks up etc, why should they be subject to the protests?

Excellent point and one I did not consider.
The patients themselves....
Even if they are there for an abortion, why should they be put into a position of fear....

I have to say....with that in mind....protesting an abortion clinic is inappropriate.

For those that feel there is nothing wrong with protesting a senators home...

Please tell me the advantage of doing so over the normal route of protesting at the capitol building.

This thread is not about Abortion clinics.
It's about protesting at SOMEONES home.

It's absolutely despicable, and all you defending it are too.

Excellent point and one I did not consider.
The patients themselves....
Even if they are there for an abortion, why should they be put into a position of fear....

I have to say....with that in mind....protesting an abortion clinic is inappropriate.

I would concur to some degree. But then I don't exactly see the point of protests anything. I'd rather encourage discussion and debate than protest an abortion clinic. Educating people will accomplish much more than protesting. Especially considering most protests are nothing more than mobs trying to intimidate people. It squelches individual thought and can lead to a dangerous path.

Forum List

Back