What a Coincidence! WI Sen's Mistress gets State Job

he's living with this woman, mistress, in madison.... is what i have read. Rumor? who knows???

maybe it's not 'who you know' that gets you a state gvt job, but 'who you ''do''?' ;)

Maybe... maybe pigs will fly. I don't do 'maybe's', nor do I do 'rumor'. I do facts. Is there anything besides speculation? No. She's a former lobbyist. Even Obama employs former lobbyists.... 43 last time I counted... and Obama promised 'no lobbyists in my White House'.

Simply put.... unless someone can provide some kind of evidence that something inappropriate took place... this is bullshit.

So, it's anonymous hearsay identification of an alleged mistress? Alleged by an estranged wife, with no proof? This is journalism?

Oh and, I wonder if this woman will be forced to join the union?

http://www.fdlreporter.com/article/20110315/FON0101/103150360/1985/Lockout-court

In a statement to The Reporter, Hopper's wife, Alysia Hopper, said her estranged husband moved out of their Rienzi Road home in May 2010 and lives "mostly in Madison." Court records indicate that Randy Hopper filed a petition for divorce in August. Hopper's official Senate Web page lists the couple's home at W5192 Rienzi Road as the senator's official address.

In light of death threats against Randy Hopper and protests generated by Hopper's support and the support of other Republicans for the budget repair bill, Alysia Hopper said she wanted the public to know her husband no longer lives with her in Fond du Lac. Several websites have reported that Alysia Hopper approached protesters at her home Saturday and told them her husband no longer resides in the home.

GOP Senator's Wife Claims He No Longer Lives In District - Politics News Story - WISC Madison

In a letter to a Milwaukee TV station and obtained by WISC-TV, Hopper's estranged wife alleges that her husband started an affair in 2010 and that he mostly lives in Madison.

"It is correct that my husband, Randy Hopper, started an affair in January 2010 with a then-25-year-old Republican aide. This affair has caused great emotional pain for my children and me. Randy moved out, without attempting marital counseling, as of May 2010 and now lives mostly in Madison," she said in the letter.

From the article in the OP:

Hopper’s claim of living in a Fond du Lac area apartment was supported by the property’s owner. The owner is also an employee of Hopper’s group of radio stations.

I've heard Hopper denied getting the "mistress" a job, but I haven't heard him deny having an affair.

he's living with this woman, mistress, in madison.... is what i have read. Rumor? who knows???

maybe it's not 'who you know' that gets you a state gvt job, but 'who you ''do''?' ;)

I worked for the government for 30 years....it's who you know.....trust me.
We had a manager that everyone referred to as "Knee-Pad Patty".
WE also had people who went into high positions because it WAS who they knew.
Me? I was a grunt.

While Bill Clinton is alive democrats should bury their heads in shame rather than try to bring up trivial alleged morality issues as a political tool.

Since I'm not a Democrat, your point is completely useless. But I give you points for trying. :thup:

Yet you ONLY post stories ABOUT republicans. Go figure.

There is a good reason to post stories and heap criticism on Republicans who engage in a minor sexual peccadillos or an adulterous relationship. The Republican Party has branded itself as the party of moral values even though their actions belie their words. Hypocrisy may not be so labeled but in fact it is one deadly sin.

So, it's anonymous hearsay identification of an alleged mistress? Alleged by an estranged wife, with no proof? This is journalism?

Oh and, I wonder if this woman will be forced to join the union?

State Sen. Randy Hopper not residing at Fond du Lac home | Fond du Lac Reporter | fdlreporter.com

In a statement to The Reporter, Hopper's wife, Alysia Hopper, said her estranged husband moved out of their Rienzi Road home in May 2010 and lives "mostly in Madison." Court records indicate that Randy Hopper filed a petition for divorce in August. Hopper's official Senate Web page lists the couple's home at W5192 Rienzi Road as the senator's official address.

GOP Senator's Wife Claims He No Longer Lives In District - Politics News Story - WISC Madison

In a letter to a Milwaukee TV station and obtained by WISC-TV, Hopper's estranged wife alleges that her husband started an affair in 2010 and that he mostly lives in Madison.

"It is correct that my husband, Randy Hopper, started an affair in January 2010 with a then-25-year-old Republican aide. This affair has caused great emotional pain for my children and me. Randy moved out, without attempting marital counseling, as of May 2010 and now lives mostly in Madison," she said in the letter.
From the article in the OP:

Hopper’s claim of living in a Fond du Lac area apartment was supported by the property’s owner. The owner is also an employee of Hopper’s group of radio stations.
I've heard Hopper denied getting the "mistress" a job, but I haven't heard him deny having an affair.
And, there's nothing but hearsay to support it. Allegations aren't the same as facts.

Me? I was a grunt.

grunts, usually gets the job done!

Me? I was a grunt.

grunts, usually gets the job done!

And those with knee pads and "grunt" get the better jobs.

Just sayin'

Since I'm not a Democrat, your point is completely useless. But I give you points for trying. :thup:

There is a good reason to post stories and heap criticism on Republicans who engage in a minor sexual peccadillos or an adulterous relationship.
And even more reason to report hearsay as fact - with anonymous sources and scorned wife allegations - as a purely partisan effort to help with the recall effort.

And it's "peccadilloes."

But, looking at your stereotype... Did this official ever himself claim to be a "family values" guy? Not all repugs do, ya know.

Nice herp derp RGS.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ues-cafeteria-over-olive-pit-in-sandwich.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...an-unlikely-to-seek-reelection-in-2012-a.html

Just two examples. Nice effort on your part, but no cigar. :thup:

I'm noticing a great number of the responses so far in this thread are aimed at me and not at the subject at hand. What do you think RGS? Give us your thoughts on this matter. :D

He walked right into that door, didn't he? :lol::lol::lol:

You correct.

And now we can add you to the list of people that post non story's...thanks to your confirmation!

:eusa_whistle:

Funny.

I'm curious as to why you don't think there is any possibility whatsoever that he helped his mistress get this job. And I don't think it's a non-story, and neither would the people in Wisconsin who care about stomping out corruption.

Me? I was a grunt.

i'm not sure which is worse, Knee pad patty or grunt :D

Your too young to understand.

I was always proud of the work I did as a grunt.
"Knee-Pad Plasma" has a nice ring to it....don't you think?

lol, it's amusing how desperate they are looking for dirt on the GOP folks in WI. If he did influence her getting the job, then that's an issue and should be dealt with.
There's nothing in this hit piece but slanderous conjecture. I personally think adultery is always wrong, and it does influence my respect for an individual, greatly. I'm only surprised that it bothers liberals so much?

You correct.

And now we can add you to the list of people that post non story's...thanks to your confirmation!

Funny.

I'm curious as to why you don't think there is any possibility whatsoever that he helped his mistress get this job. And I don't think it's a non-story, and neither would the people in Wisconsin who care about stomping out corruption.

I am not denying there is a possibility at all.

I am simply saying it is a non story until evidence of it being favoritsm arises....and to be honest, in a state where all of government is national news, if there was evidence of such, it would have risen to the top already.

And, there's nothing but hearsay to support it. Allegations aren't the same as facts.

I'm wondering why he is willing to come out and say he didn't get the woman a job but not willing to come out and say he didn't screw her. The events that are being talked about in this thread happened long before the Wisconsin collective bargaining incident.

He certainly no longer lives at the home, that much is for sure. He certainly is no longer with his wife, that much is for sure. The question is why she would lie about something so easily refutable?

Me? I was a grunt.

There is some truth to what you wrote Meister, but civil service tests - both written and oral - make such practices somewhat transparent. As a manager I served on many interview boards and was overruled twice by the Chief. In both cases I was approached by the candidate who was not promoted (of course this usually happended, people want to know how to interview better/what they did wrong, etc.) and explained candidly what happened and how to fix it. Both were latter promoted. What I told them was the chief wanted yes men - he himself was an empty suit - and to make sure to kiss ass. In some cases the end justifies the means. 'Leaders' like that chief are easy to manipulate once you know what motivates them.

You correct.

Funny.

He probably did help get her the job. But, it's still a non issue. If Wi. wants to stomp out corruption, they better tear it all down because all the parties are guilty of this. This has traction because of a scorned wife, and unions....oh, unions...there is another corrupt entity of the government. Tear that down too.

Me? I was a grunt.

There is some truth to what you wrote Meister, but civil service tests - both written and oral - make such practices somewhat transparent. As a manager I served on many interview boards and was overruled twice by the Chief. In both cases I was approached by the candidate who was not promoted (of course this usually happended, people want to know how to interview better/what they did wrong, etc.) and explained candidly what happened and how to fix it. Both were latter promoted. What I told them was the chief wanted yes men - he himself was an empty suit - and to make sure to kiss ass. In some cases the end justifies the means. 'Leaders' like that chief are easy to manipulate once you know what motivates them.

I've seen people get busted for sexual harrassment and instead of going through the hassle of demoting or firing...they were elevated to a higher position and transferred to another district, Wry.

Forum List

Back