Why....

Well, it's obviously got something to do with the taste of/on the bedpost... figure out what that is and you'll know why.

Well, it's obviously got something to do with the taste of/on the bedpost... figure out what that is and you'll know why.

I never really found Pledge all that appetizing myself, but who knows...

In all seriousness, that could be it. Dogs and cats love the taste or anti freeze, but it'll kill 'em quicker'n shit. It might be the Pledge taste, especially if it's lemon Pledge. It might taste sweet, and cats love sweet. My 17 year old does. Try wiping the Pledge off with like a wet rag and see if he still does it.

In all seriousness, that could be it. Dogs and cats love the taste or anti freeze, but it'll kill 'em quicker'n shit. It might be the Pledge taste, especially if it's lemon Pledge. It might taste sweet, and cats love sweet. My 17 year old does. Try wiping the Pledge off with like a wet rag and see if he still does it.

I'm not worried.. I just thought it was amusing.. She's too smart to eat anything that'll kill her.. She's VERY well trained, in that she won't eat anything that's not in her food dish. Period. No exceptions. I can actually leave an opened can of tuna on the counter, and she won't go near it.

I'm thinking it might just be a texture thing...

It's similar to the question I always asked about 7 years ago. I had this cat that could not restrain itself from SUCKING my blanket/comforter. By the way the blanket was clean and UNSTAINED in any way.

That's easy. Early separation from it's mother. Every cat I've ever gotten too young has done that. Something about that blanket reminds it of its mother...
my brother had a cat that was seperated too early, but it sucked on it's pit bull's nipples. I would laugh so hard when I see him do this and the dog would just lay there and let him do it.

....is my cat licking the black painted metal bed post?

Because she knows it would bug the shit out of you. Cats! :rolleyes:

Probably the most logical answer yet. When I stopped staring at her and asking her what the hell she was doing, she promptly proceeded to ignore me, curl up, and go to sleep.

I'm not worried.. I just thought it was amusing.. She's too smart to eat anything that'll kill her.. She's VERY well trained, in that she won't eat anything that's not in her food dish. Period. No exceptions. I can actually leave an opened can of tuna on the counter, and she won't go near it.

I'm thinking it might just be a texture thing...

Yeah when they get that old they're pretty smart. I swear my 17 year old understand just about everything I say to him. He'll even "go to sleep" if I tell him too.

Well just so your cat isn't getting sick licking on the post, what does it matter...

Forum List

Back