Why your own health is not a priority for you?Why do you sabotaze your own wellbeing?

Jun 29, 2004
I am so very perplexed by this question ... Why your own health is not a priority for you? What is it that drives people to willingly sabotaze their own wellbeing and health? I am talking about aspects of health we have control over (not smoking or using drugs, eating healthy, maintaning proper weight, being active, etc...)

Obviously, if you do not have your health you lose much in life.
All aspects of your life will suffer. You cannot work optimally, you cannot be the best parent, wife / husband, you are limited to enjoying social activities as a healthy person could ...

Can YOU really afford to live an unhealthy lifestyle that eventually leads to sickness and disability and eventual unemployment, for instance? Can you afford to pay for the illnesses that your poor lifestyle caused? (heart disease, diabetes, etc..). It appears that most of us live in an illusion where we think we can afford to sabotaze our own health without any consideration for the consequences.

Below are just some reasons and excuses to not engage in healthy habits. As you will see, these typical excuses and reasons for unhealthy lifestyle are completely illogical ...

Do you work so hard that you are giving up your health for it? Do you think that your employer or goverment care and is there for you when you become sick, disabled, or even die?

All that money that you make working hard, all that money that you save for retirement (if you have extra) you may never enjoy as you may die of a heart attack before age 65 or you must spend on healthcare for yourself.

Not enough time?
Contemplate for a moment how much time you spend on cruising the net, watching TV ... perhaps most of us can find time to exercise.

Not enough money to eat healthy or exercise?
Oatmeal and carrots are cheap to name a few ... preparing chicken in a healthy way is no more expesive than preparing it in an unhealthy way .. you get the point.

Exercise is expensive?
Take a walk in the park, ride a bicycle, walk the stairs, buy an exercise DVD on ebay ...

How is it that we take better care of our cars or houses or our work than we do of ourselves? What happened with treating our bodies with utmost respect? Rather, we have come to treat our bodies like trash.
None of it makes any sense ... this self-inflicted sabotaze of our own health.

So, what is wrong with us?
What is it that would trigger a person to quit with the BS excuses, and to change his idiotic and deadly ways?

And a final thought ...
What if, for a moment, you could think that when you take care of yourself you will potentially be less of a burden to healthcare system, and with better health you will be a more productive member of society. More money can go to schools, for the elderly, for those who truly need the help, and everyone wins ... but, this of course, is a utopia. It is a society about me, me, me ... and to hell with the rest.

Genuine concern. Little interest. The unemployed comedian speaks out his ass. No need to feel guilty. Get off your ass and change whatever you disagree with. Beating your wife and children will not help your sad situation.

Genuine concern. Little interest. The unemployed comedian speaks out his ass. No need to feel guilty. Get off your ass and change whatever you disagree with. Beating your wife and children will not help your sad situation.

You lack a sense of humor or the ability to display humor. :rofl:

Forum List

Back