Why would it be wrong for the U.S to re-locate illegal immigrants to Sanctuary Cities?

pile em on on

there is no crises ...and no one want to be a xenophobic bigot full of white nationalist hate ...what would cuck jeb say ?
express bus service to nancy pelosis neighborhood ? paul ryans ?

We’re the ones kidnapping kids

No, the human traffickers and the people using kids who are not their kids to get in. But, you do come from the side of Blame America First.

Nah, I just think kidnapping children and putting them in cages is wrong

How frequent is that instance? When did that start? What do you think about rapists, murderers, and drug dealers gaming the system to get in?

There is no evidence they are gaming the system. Again unsupported claims.

What is your evidence that the children are connected to the adults bringing them in besides crying and clinging? Some could definitely be legitimate.... others could be crying because they were told by drug lords that if they did not cry, their real parents/relatives would be killed. Shithole countries.

You are the one making the claim. Let's start with your proof. Try someone other than your right wing extremist friends.

I would like a strong vetting process so that kids who have been kidnapped and trafficked in can be protected.

No, the human traffickers and the people using kids who are not their kids to get in. But, you do come from the side of Blame America First.

What is so frustrating is they traffic these poor kids into the US, then the kids are kept by the US to protect the kids, then you get these left wing nuts that just distort what is actually going on to gain political points.

In many cases the kids don't belong to the adults. They were paid to bring them here.

These people in central and south America are not geniuses, otherwise they'd be living in a better country and have no need to come here. Authorities know what questions to ask of kids that they should know about their parents, and vice-versa.

When they determine that their answers are suspicious, US authorities look to find shelter for these kids either by relatives living in the US or at the very least, people from their country who live here.

It's amazing how you can make all these accusations with no proof. Only a small group of people have been suspected of human trafficking.

You accuse me of no proof and try and slip the notion that the group was “small”. Empirically speaking, given that you could care less about the small group ( aka “minority”), what are the real numbers or what is your definition of small “is is”?

I would like a strong vetting process so that kids who have been kidnapped and trafficked in can be protected.

What is so frustrating is they traffic these poor kids into the US, then the kids are kept by the US to protect the kids, then you get these left wing nuts that just distort what is actually going on to gain political points.

In many cases the kids don't belong to the adults. They were paid to bring them here.

These people in central and south America are not geniuses, otherwise they'd be living in a better country and have no need to come here. Authorities know what questions to ask of kids that they should know about their parents, and vice-versa.

When they determine that their answers are suspicious, US authorities look to find shelter for these kids either by relatives living in the US or at the very least, people from their country who live here.

It's amazing how you can make all these accusations with no proof. Only a small group of people have been suspected of human trafficking.

You just did the same thing.... only worse.

Seems like something Nixon would do

Even Nixon was not this slick. Trump just made a move to checkmate. If Democrats don't give him a problem, they will pollute their cities and states and drive them into bankruptcy. If they resist like they are doing now, it will show what hypocrites the Democrats are.

It's a win-win for Trump, so why shouldn't he do it?

Perhaps he should not of said at every rally how he is going to build a wall during his campaign, so the people came before the wall goes up. They do not know he isn't getting his wall.

He created this.

That's not why they are coming here. They are coming here because of the huge Welcome mat that the Democrats put on our border; the Democrat politicians, the Democrat appointed judges, the Democrat constituency base.........

Speaking of the wall, the Democrat put a stop to that too, yet we have more and more illegals crossing the border because the Democrats managed to flood our facilities and we have no choice but to let these people go into the country to bring harm to you and your family.

This is so grand, Do you know what this hypocrisy reminds me of?

Kennedys, Kochs help kill planned wind farm off Cape Cod

They are coming here because of the drug cartels. These drug cartels are fueled by American dollars. There is no evidence they pose any danger to the country.

We can take what we can take for asylum seekers, we are under no obligation to take them all and many are turned away, just like many other countries do.

What are you calling “a small group” of people?

What are you calling “a small group” of people?

The fact that any group of people is somehow acceptable to the Left is utterly disturbing to see what extent they will go for votes. Pathetic.

The National Human Trafficking Hotline, a venture supported by federal money and operated by the anti-trafficking group Polaris , began tracking individual victim records in 2015. From January through June 31, 2018, it tracked 35,000 potential victims. Of those, there was a near equal distribution between foreigners on one hand and U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents on the other.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump on human trafficking

Most of the labor trafficking victims were foreign, and most of the sex trafficking victims were U.S. citizens. Of foreign nationals, Mexico had the most frequently trafficked.

Seems like something Nixon would do

Even Nixon was not this slick. Trump just made a move to checkmate. If Democrats don't give him a problem, they will pollute their cities and states and drive them into bankruptcy. If they resist like they are doing now, it will show what hypocrites the Democrats are.

It's a win-win for Trump, so why shouldn't he do it?

Perhaps he should not of said at every rally how he is going to build a wall during his campaign, so the people came before the wall goes up. They do not know he isn't getting his wall.

He created this.

That's not why they are coming here. They are coming here because of the huge Welcome mat that the Democrats put on our border; the Democrat politicians, the Democrat appointed judges, the Democrat constituency base.........

Speaking of the wall, the Democrat put a stop to that too, yet we have more and more illegals crossing the border because the Democrats managed to flood our facilities and we have no choice but to let these people go into the country to bring harm to you and your family.

This is so grand, Do you know what this hypocrisy reminds me of?

Kennedys, Kochs help kill planned wind farm off Cape Cod

They are coming here because of the drug cartels. These drug cartels are fueled by American dollars. There is no evidence they pose any danger to the country.

There isn't?

One in five US prison inmates is a 'criminal alien'

Illegals commit crimes at double the rate of native-born: Study

The cities will just ship bus them to the White House.

Oh?! Do you really think you can make that happen? Wow, imagine liberal sanctuary cities doing that, and before a presidential election to boot. Plus think of all the material for right-wing talk shows like Hannity and Limbaugh. They would have a party with that.

Trump is the one who wants to commit political suicide. Having Limbaugh and Hannity on your side is a loser. Right wing extremists helped Republicans in 2018.

Just naming a few most famous ones. But liberal sanctuary cities kicking out these illegals they claimed to have loved so much would be right-wing radio for months; especially just before the election.

More importantly, if some are so upset at this idea they will work REALLY hard to fix the problem and support Trumps efforts in doing so.

He is calling out the hypocrisy obviously and you can be sure those citizens living in these Sanctuary Cities will take a vastly different perspective of this and their elected leaders if they see the numbers increase.

I don't think it's a bad or unjust choice at all. Trump has to outplay and expose those who won't support the policies he was elected on. Can you imagine Hollywood fools rethinking their position when there are tents outside their mansions?

Also, when someone says "we are a nation of immigrants", it's so disingenuous. Of course you are, but they didn't enter illegally. You controlled who entered and who could be emigrate. Many legal immigrants are probably asking themselves, "why did I go through the hassle?". Some probably still in the long process who have resentment for those who enter your country illegally.

I think what Trump should do is have Ben Carson buy up homes in the same area of all these do-good Democrats and put those people there. I'm sure Piglosi would love to have one or two dozen living on her street.

The Congress would have to authorize such a program.

No, Congress only authorizes the funds which HUD already has. It's up to the HUD director how those funds are spent.

Because the basic premise of Sanctuary Cities is ILLEGAL and the violates Federal Law. Yes, the cities should welcome Illegal Aliens or look like HYPOCRITES, and if they don't they should give up the Sanctuary City label, and cooperate with the Feds under existing law.

Apparently, you slept through 8th grade Civics class. No city is responsible for enforcing federal law.

I don't understand the counter argument. How is this political when the same politicians are welcoming such illegal immigration, giving them free stuff they don't even give Americans and refuse to fix the problem?

It's honestly mind boggling that anyone who openly supports Sanctuary Cities would be against this idea. It makes perfect sense. The places that want illegal immigration and defend them can now have an unlimited supply. Other communities that don't want lawlessness and breaching of their sovereignty will be void of it.

It isn't wrong.

I have no problem with it.

What makes it "wrong" is;

if trump truly believes that illegal aliens are murderers then by putting them into sanctuary cities he is hoping that liberals would be murdered by them.

If I truly believed that illegal aliens are/can be murderers I would NOT put them in ANY America city.

THAT is attempted murder.

Personally I am OPPOSED to ILLEGAL ALIENS being allowed in the country at all.

not even where YOU live.

because I am not a dirtbag who thinks murdering my "enemies" is funny.

Haven't you heard, illegals are more law abiding than citizens.

I don't understand the counter argument. How is this political when the same politicians are welcoming such illegal immigration, giving them free stuff they don't even give Americans and refuse to fix the problem?

It's honestly mind boggling that anyone who openly supports Sanctuary Cities would be against this idea. It makes perfect sense. The places that want illegal immigration and defend them can now have an unlimited supply. Other communities that don't want lawlessness and breaching of their sovereignty will be void of it.
Because it is an abuse of power to single out particular cities for partisan retribution.

"Legal experts warned that any attempt to carry out a plan like the one Trump says he’s considering would run afoul of the Hatch Act, a 1939 federal law that bars executive branch employees from participating in certain types of political activity on government time or using the government’s resources for political purposes."

"Another legal barrier to such a proposal could come from Congress, which hasn’t authorized the administration to spend federal dollars on the kind of program Trump has described."

Apparently DHS lawyers are expressing qualms about this proposal because it is indefensible. You cannot play politics with public policy. I wonder if Trump is doing everything he can to not get re-elected. Independents will not stand for this garbage.

Donald Trump's proposal to move migrants into sanctuary cities raises logistical, legal issues

Not a problem, just use military training flights to move them, the crews have to get their hours in anyway. You can put hundreds on a C-141 or C-5A. Military assets can be used under a national emergency and congress has already allocated the funds for the training flights.

First off, these are REFUGEES, not illegal immigrants. Trump calls them illegal immigrants. They are NOT. They are in the United States legally, making a claim for asylum under internation law.

Secondly, NO ONE welcomes illegal immigrants NO ONE. That's a lie.

Thirdly, you can't use people to attack to inflict harm and damage on those you perceive as your "enemies".

That you even ask this question shows what an ignorant tool you are.

Because it is an abuse of power to single out particular cities for partisan retribution.

Your dear leader flew people all over the country, many were housed at military bases in MA, OK and CA.

Your dear leader flew people all over the country, many were housed at military bases in MA, OK and CA.

Yes, in fact that is what is normally done. Unlike your Dear Leader who is talking about singling our specific places for retribution.

Yes, in fact that is what is normally done. Unlike your Dear Leader who is talking about singling our specific places for retribution.

How is giving them what they asked for retribution? Theys loves themselves some illegals.

Forum List

Back