Why would it be wrong for the U.S to re-locate illegal immigrants to Sanctuary Cities?

Well really they should go to the most unpopulated states first, like Wyoming. They perhaps can open a factory there. They need more people.

Wrong. They should go to those places that have publicly said they want them.

Seems like something Nixon would do

Even Nixon was not this slick. Trump just made a move to checkmate. If Democrats don't give him a problem, they will pollute their cities and states and drive them into bankruptcy. If they resist like they are doing now, it will show what hypocrites the Democrats are.

It's a win-win for Trump, so why shouldn't he do it?

More like Nixon was not that sick

Trump will fail in his petty retribution. Just like he did in his petty government shutdown

Why is it retribution? Democrats have said how much we need these people here; how they are an asset to our country; how they are hard working people just trying to support their families.

Well.........if that's the way you feel, move them to your neighborhood.
It is childish and petty

Typical Trump.
Just like he shut down government for a month in a childish rage, flooding indigent immigrants into blue states is petty

Haven’t seen such a tactic since Castro sent boatloads to our shores

Typical libtard. “Let the illegals in, just don’t let them in where I live”.
They can find work at Trump Golf Courses

Even Nixon was not this slick. Trump just made a move to checkmate. If Democrats don't give him a problem, they will pollute their cities and states and drive them into bankruptcy. If they resist like they are doing now, it will show what hypocrites the Democrats are.

Trump will fail in his petty retribution. Just like he did in his petty government shutdown

Why is it retribution? Democrats have said how much we need these people here; how they are an asset to our country; how they are hard working people just trying to support their families.

It is childish and petty

Typical Trump.
Just like he shut down government for a month in a childish rage, flooding indigent immigrants into blue states is petty

Why do you want illegals here if you don’t want them to work? I don’t want them here and I don’t want them to work here.

Over a quarter of all Americans under 20 are of Hispanic descent. I do hope you guys keep up your xenophobic rants and brazen idiocy where it comes to Hispanics. It should pay off dividends for the Democrats and liberals in the future.

Sounds divisive on your part.

It is childish and petty

Typical Trump.

Why do you want illegals here if you don’t want them to work? I don’t want them here and I don’t want them to work here.

RW just says shit. He doesn't try, at all, to have it make any sense.

With apologies to President Trump it's the cowardly way out. Sanctuary cities are in violation of federal law so the way to deal with it is to send federal troops in and arrest every single city officer who is in violation of the law and replace them temporarily with federal officers.

I don't understand the counter argument. How is this political when the same politicians are welcoming such illegal immigration, giving them free stuff they don't even give Americans and refuse to fix the problem?

It's honestly mind boggling that anyone who openly supports Sanctuary Cities would be against this idea. It makes perfect sense. The places that want illegal immigration and defend them can now have an unlimited supply. Other communities that don't want lawlessness and breaching of their sovereignty will be void of it.
SC, we can always count on you for a well thought out position and post. You are absolutely correct. Before too long we may even see that these Sanctuary cities calling out the loudest for a permanent wall to stop this chaos at the border.
I lived in a small city called Murfreesboro and we had no homeless but one of the Yankee liberals arranged to have a bus load imported from Nashville, and the crime went up 33 percent...This is going to happen to San Fran also.
Which Yankee liberal was that? I won't vote for him! I'm outside of Nashville, too.

Then Democrats should proactively embrace all illegals into their sanctuary cities. I don’t want them to be thrown into a wood chopper. I want them to respect US law and process.

I would like a law that doesn’t allow for kidnapping and kids having to defend themselves in court.

I would like a strong vetting process so that kids who have been kidnapped and trafficked in can be protected.

We’re the ones kidnapping kids

We are kidnapping kids? How do we kidnap them when they come to our country and we have to find something to do with them? Do we kidnap kids of American citizens when they go to prison?
Your blob.

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Any coherent reply?

It is childish and petty

Typical Trump.

He's not clever enough to carry on a real discussion.

It is childish and petty

Typical Trump.

He's not clever enough to carry on a real discussion.

Mostly because he doesn’t want wetbacks in his neighborhood.

Then Democrats should proactively embrace all illegals into their sanctuary cities. I don’t want them to be thrown into a wood chopper. I want them to respect US law and process.

I would like a law that doesn’t allow for kidnapping and kids having to defend themselves in court.

I would like a strong vetting process so that kids who have been kidnapped and trafficked in can be protected.

No, the human traffickers and the people using kids who are not their kids to get in. But, you do come from the side of Blame America First.

Nah, I just think kidnapping children and putting them in cages is wrong

How frequent is that instance? When did that start? What do you think about rapists, murderers, and drug dealers gaming the system to get in?

I don't understand the counter argument. How is this political when the same politicians are welcoming such illegal immigration, giving them free stuff they don't even give Americans and refuse to fix the problem?

It's honestly mind boggling that anyone who openly supports Sanctuary Cities would be against this idea. It makes perfect sense. The places that want illegal immigration and defend them can now have an unlimited supply. Other communities that don't want lawlessness and breaching of their sovereignty will be void of it.

The cities will just ship bus them to the White House.

Why? Don’t the sanctuary cities want them? Why not?

Don’t be stupid...if you can help it

You are the moron that wants to take them out of where they want to go. Just put them in the cities that want to protect them, they want them. At least you are smart enough to defend your dumb idea.

Never said any such thing. Be smarter; if possible
Why are you typing this? A few years ago your Prog leaders wanted border laws and a fence.

"Legal experts warned that any attempt to carry out a plan like the one Trump says he’s considering would run afoul of the Hatch Act, a 1939 federal law that bars executive branch employees from participating in certain types of political activity on government time or using the government’s resources for political purposes."

"Another legal barrier to such a proposal could come from Congress, which hasn’t authorized the administration to spend federal dollars on the kind of program Trump has described."

Apparently DHS lawyers are expressing qualms about this proposal because it is indefensible. You cannot play politics with public policy. I wonder if Trump is doing everything he can to not get re-elected. Independents will not stand for this garbage.

Donald Trump's proposal to move migrants into sanctuary cities raises logistical, legal issues

No, the human traffickers and the people using kids who are not their kids to get in. But, you do come from the side of Blame America First.

How frequent is that instance? When did that start? What do you think about rapists, murderers, and drug dealers gaming the system to get in?

There is no evidence they are gaming the system. Again unsupported claims.

More importantly, if some are so upset at this idea they will work REALLY hard to fix the problem and support Trumps efforts in doing so.

He is calling out the hypocrisy obviously and you can be sure those citizens living in these Sanctuary Cities will take a vastly different perspective of this and their elected leaders if they see the numbers increase.

I don't think it's a bad or unjust choice at all. Trump has to outplay and expose those who won't support the policies he was elected on. Can you imagine Hollywood fools rethinking their position when there are tents outside their mansions?

Also, when someone says "we are a nation of immigrants", it's so disingenuous. Of course you are, but they didn't enter illegally. You controlled who entered and who could be emigrate. Many legal immigrants are probably asking themselves, "why did I go through the hassle?". Some probably still in the long process who have resentment for those who enter your country illegally.

I think what Trump should do is have Ben Carson buy up homes in the same area of all these do-good Democrats and put those people there. I'm sure Piglosi would love to have one or two dozen living on her street.

The Congress would have to authorize such a program.

The cities will just ship bus them to the White House.

Oh?! Do you really think you can make that happen? Wow, imagine liberal sanctuary cities doing that, and before a presidential election to boot. Plus think of all the material for right-wing talk shows like Hannity and Limbaugh. They would have a party with that.

Trump is the one who wants to commit political suicide. Having Limbaugh and Hannity on your side is a loser. Right wing extremists helped Republicans in 2018.

There is no evidence they are gaming the system. Again unsupported claims.

What is your evidence that the children are connected to the adults bringing them in besides crying and clinging? Some could definitely be legitimate.... others could be crying because they were told by drug lords that if they did not cry, their real parents/relatives would be killed. Shithole countries.

Seems like something Nixon would do

Perhaps he should not of said at every rally how he is going to build a wall during his campaign, so the people came before the wall goes up. They do not know he isn't getting his wall.

He created this.

That's not why they are coming here. They are coming here because of the huge Welcome mat that the Democrats put on our border; the Democrat politicians, the Democrat appointed judges, the Democrat constituency base.........

Speaking of the wall, the Democrat put a stop to that too, yet we have more and more illegals crossing the border because the Democrats managed to flood our facilities and we have no choice but to let these people go into the country to bring harm to you and your family.

This is so grand, Do you know what this hypocrisy reminds me of?

Kennedys, Kochs help kill planned wind farm off Cape Cod

They are coming here because of the drug cartels. These drug cartels are fueled by American dollars. There is no evidence they pose any danger to the country.

What is so frustrating is they traffic these poor kids into the US, then the kids are kept by the US to protect the kids, then you get these left wing nuts that just distort what is actually going on to gain political points.

In many cases the kids don't belong to the adults. They were paid to bring them here.

These people in central and south America are not geniuses, otherwise they'd be living in a better country and have no need to come here. Authorities know what questions to ask of kids that they should know about their parents, and vice-versa.

When they determine that their answers are suspicious, US authorities look to find shelter for these kids either by relatives living in the US or at the very least, people from their country who live here.

It's amazing how you can make all these accusations with no proof. Only a small group of people have been suspected of human trafficking.

Forum List

Back