Why would a God even need a hell?

Because he loved enough to give the gift of freewill. He didn't want robots following a scripted life. Unfortunately we don't always make great decisions, so sin is a possibility. With sin being harmful to our lives a serious loss of eternal life with Him became a consequence. God does not need Hell, we need the possibility of it.

You know what , if by free will you mean that God would allow humans to be stupid enough to end up in some religious eternal madness punishing in some conscious pit of untold misery, just so that they could be " Free enough" to deserve their future, then I think it makes more sense to save them as robots, than to see them doomed by this so called free will.

What would be more harmful, a human sinning by their own will, or a human being consciously punished in some madness merciless pain pit for eternity? I don't care how harmful sin is, if the real punishment for sin is eternal hurting of humans, then the punishment is FAR more harmful than the crime; and in my view, that does NOT describe how this great God would punish. God has to be more wise than that.

Why would God need a punishment for a human that does not correct them and forgive them and change them? Now IF God were a religious human, then yes, I could see him hurting humans forever just for not believing in him.

I just don't think God is religious, nor do I view him as being a Christian, or a Muslim, or a Jehovahs Witness, or any of these religions on earth. I don't view this God as being male or female, black or white, I mean he can't be anything human. And I, for one, am glad of that; he will not punish like a human would. And he does not love like a human loves. God does not need to do things human; and eternal punishing is human desire, not Godly desire. I think God desires that we all make it, 1 Tim. 2:3-4 plainly reveals that. People just don't believe it, because its too good to be true.

Thanks, but I don't consider your deity "all-loving" or particularly merciful.

There are far better options.
Name a few options. Are they akin to "when you're dead, you're dead" and there is no purpose to life other than eating, sleeping and fucking?

Why would a God need a place like this religious hell? As if he has a " Herd the sinful cattle together and section them off from everybodyelse mentality". As if this God could do nothingelse for us sinners. Or as if what Christ already has done has not been enough. Where do we get these awful religious dogmas? How can such ruthless concepts and beliefs seep so far into the human belief system?

You asked a few questions and decided against my answers. Since I refuse to get preachy, I guess I am done.

Why would a God need a place like this religious hell? As if he has a " Herd the sinful cattle together and section them off from everybodyelse mentality". As if this God could do nothingelse for us sinners. Or as if what Christ already has done has not been enough. Where do we get these awful religious dogmas? How can such ruthless concepts and beliefs seep so far into the human belief system?
A more fundamental question is "Why did God create the Universe?" Answer that and the Hell question will probably be answered.

You asked a few questions and decided against my answers. Since I refuse to get preachy, I guess I am done.

Peace on your journey then.

Now, in my view of things, IF the god were a devil, then I could see it needing a place like the religious interpretation of hell; now that would fit! That would make sense. But for religions to try and get away with pinning it on a God of truth and grace, a God of mercy and forgiveness; a God of Love and salvation, now something is seriously wrong with that.

I don't know God, but I can't figure out why he allows these religions to get away with perverting his ways and means. I mean they are seriously spoiling the linen.

....I don't know God, but I can't figure out why he allows these religions to get away with perverting his ways and means. I mean they are seriously spoiling the linen.
My guess is that's part of why we're here; to figure it out on our own. Is there any doubt that if God wanted to do so, we'd all have all the information God wants us to know imprinted in our genes?

[QUOTE="]
A more fundamental question is "Why did God create the Universe?" Answer that and the Hell question will probably be answered.

That would be quite something, to know why. I personally think he created the universe to one day be populated by his creations, which would include man. I mean why waste the universe, such an expanse. Its literally endless, its so large and vast; it would make sense for it to have the same future as humanity; to exist forever. To be used; to be enjoyed; to be explored.

In my personal view, this God will always create things, I don't think there will ever be an end to him expanding on things; but that's just my view.

....I don't know God, but I can't figure out why he allows these religions to get away with perverting his ways and means. I mean they are seriously spoiling the linen.
My guess is that's part of why we're here; to figure it out on our own. Is there any doubt that if God wanted to do so, we'd all have all the information God wants us to know imprinted in our genes?

I agree, if God wanted us to know something, we would.

That would be quite something, to know why. I personally think he created the universe to one day be populated by his creations, which would include man. I mean why waste the universe, such an expanse. Its literally endless, its so large and vast; it would make sense for it to have the same future as humanity; to exist forever. To be used; to be enjoyed; to be explored.

In my personal view, this God will always create things, I don't think there will ever be an end to him expanding on things; but that's just my view.
Yes, the Universe is vast and makes a very big playground, but the human race can be taken out by a rock or ourselves. Unlike some of our ancestors believed, I don't believe we're the center of the Universe nor God's only creation.

Yes, the Universe is vast and makes a very big playground, but the human race can be taken out by a rock or ourselves. Unlike some of our ancestors believed, I don't believe we're the center of the Universe nor God's only creation.

I believe we are the center of the universe, not the physical center, but the spiritual one. Its a spirit thang. And I agree we are not God's only creation, but I think, as of now, we are among the most important. I can't see any matter in the universe being more important than humanity. But I don't really know, who know's whatelse this God may have going on? I just don't think this hell came from him, or the religious interpretation of salvation and our future.

My contention is that God said not to question Him or His motives and not to search the Bible for answers for "it will be hidden from you." That is my opinion.

[QUOTE="answered.
My contention is that God said not to question Him or His motives and not to search the Bible for answers for "it will be hidden from you." That is my opinion.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind, show me the biblical verses that show God saying a man cannot question him, or search the bible for answers; I would like to see that, because I never have seen such verses before.

[QUOTE="answered.
My contention is that God said not to question Him or His motives and not to search the Bible for answers for "it will be hidden from you." That is my opinion.

If you don't mind, show me the biblical verses that show God saying a man cannot question him, or search the bible for answers; I would like to see that, because I never have seen such verses before.[/QUOTE]
Then it was hidden from you.

[QUOTE="answered.

If you don't mind, show me the biblical verses that show God saying a man cannot question him, or search the bible for answers; I would like to see that, because I never have seen such verses before.
Then it was hidden from you.[/QUOTE]

The purpose is to scare people into thinking with their amygdala, which is not sharp enough to tell reason from nonsense.

[QUOTE="answered.

Then it was hidden from you.[/QUOTE]

Interesting reply, quite evasive in my view. No matter what level I am blind to the bible, I think one should provide to those who ask, the biblical verses they claim have been recited; especially if they are claiming that God has said something. I disagree with you that God has said no man can question him or search the bible for answers; I have never seen that in the bible. However, I will not twist your arm to show, what I already know does not exist, which is really WHY you are being so evasive.

But I have seen many believers in God do this kind of thing, and I have never liked it. But its their way. And their way is transparent and I see through it.

Forum List

Back