why we need electoral college:Los Angeles county is home to more people than each of these 41 states

Once again --- no link. I DID provide a link, and it shows that California has the highest poverty rate only if you fail to count fifteen other states, plus DC.

Which sounds remarkably similar to "if you subtract California, Rump wins the popular vote".

Which sounds remarkably similar to "if you subtract X million illegal voters I don't have a link for either, Rump wins the popular vote".

Which sounds remarkably similar to "if you subtract the Mariners, Angels, Giants, As, Dodgers, Padres, Dbacks, Rockies, Twins, Cubs, Cardinals, Astros, Rangers, Braves, Marlins, Rays, Gnats, Mets, Wankees, Indians, Tigers, Phillies, Royals, Brewers, Pirates, Reds, Red Sox and Orioles, the White Sox are the World Champeens".

Must be comfy living in a bubble. I understand there are no sharp edges.

What part of these facts are you struggling to understand?
Perhaps you can have a third grader explain it to you.
Or are you clambering to hold on to the the metrics which does not factor in fundamental basics such as cost of living in X region?
Does that misleading method make your shithole blue states look better on paper? Haha...I know how you Tards love to be confused and misguided.

California’s poverty rate remains nation’s highest
BY JIM MILLER

"One in five Californians lives in poverty, the highest rate in the country, according to new data from the U.S. Census Bureau.

The “Supplemental Poverty Measure,” factors in cost of living and shows a stubbornly high share of Golden State residents in poverty even as the national rate has dropped slightly.

Under the methodology, an estimated 20.4 percent of Californians lived below the poverty line in a three-year average of 2014, 2015 and 2016. That is virtually unchanged from the 20.6 percent average for 2013, 2014 and 2015, according to Tuesday’s release.

Nationwide, 14.7 percent of people lived in poverty under the supplemental measure during the latest three-year average. That is down slightly from 15.1 percent for the previous three years.

Experts said California’s higher supplemental rate reflects the impact of higher housing prices and other costs. “Californians are more likely to be poor than residents in any other state,” said Sara Kimberlin, senior policy analyst at the California Budget and Policy Center.

Under the official poverty measure, meanwhile, 14.5 percent of California residents live in poverty, down from 15 percent. That is 16th highest in the state and slightly above the 13.7 percent nationwide average in 2016.

A separate census release Tuesday showed that the percentage of California residents without health insurance dropped to 7.3 percent in 2016, down from 17.2 percent in 2013. That ranks 23rd nationwide, below the national average, but well above 2.5 percent uninsured rate for Massachusetts."

Sorry no-link boi, I already shot that down.

So did your own quote here -- roll tape:

>> Under the official poverty measure, meanwhile, 14.5 percent of California residents live in poverty, down from 15 percent. That is 16th highest in the state and slightly above the 13.7 percent nationwide average in 2016. <<​

Care to essplain to the class how you can be above the average, and come in last?

Math much?

You still didn't essplain what the fuck any of this has to do with the Electrical College. Or any of those ten other questions.

Haha...are you caught in some weird and twisted backward reality or something...or are you just that much of a fool?
Link for the lazy link whores:
The title of the editorial is:
"Under the methodology, an estimated 20.4 percent of Californians lived below the poverty line in a three-year average of 2014, 2015 and 2016. That is virtually unchanged from the 20.6 percent average for 2013, 2014 and 2015, according to Tuesday’s release."

More for the retards and link whores:
Census Bureau's Updated Poverty Statistics

Is this a close depiction of you...this is how I imagine you to look.
fat_guy_3-300x289.jpg

IOW, California's poverty rate is highest if you invent a new measure of poverty designed to make California's poverty rate the highest.
In 2016
Actually CA does have the highest poverty rate according to the LA Times.
BTW southern states have high poverty rates because of the same reason. They have high percentages of poor minority Democrat voters.

Once again --- no link. I DID provide a link, and it shows that California has the highest poverty rate only if you fail to count fifteen other states, plus DC.

Which sounds remarkably similar to "if you subtract California, Rump wins the popular vote".

Which sounds remarkably similar to "if you subtract X million illegal voters I don't have a link for either, Rump wins the popular vote".

Which sounds remarkably similar to "if you subtract the Mariners, Angels, Giants, As, Dodgers, Padres, Dbacks, Rockies, Twins, Cubs, Cardinals, Astros, Rangers, Braves, Marlins, Rays, Gnats, Mets, Wankees, Indians, Tigers, Phillies, Royals, Brewers, Pirates, Reds, Red Sox and Orioles, the White Sox are the World Champeens".

Or are you clambering to hold on to the the metrics which does not factor in fundamental basics such as cost of living in X region?
Does that misleading method make your shithole blue states look better on paper? Haha...I know how you Tards love to be confused and misguided.

BY JIM MILLER

"One in five Californians lives in poverty, the highest rate in the country, according to new data from the U.S. Census Bureau.

The “Supplemental Poverty Measure,” factors in cost of living and shows a stubbornly high share of Golden State residents in poverty even as the national rate has dropped slightly.

Under the methodology, an estimated 20.4 percent of Californians lived below the poverty line in a three-year average of 2014, 2015 and 2016. That is virtually unchanged from the 20.6 percent average for 2013, 2014 and 2015, according to Tuesday’s release.

Nationwide, 14.7 percent of people lived in poverty under the supplemental measure during the latest three-year average. That is down slightly from 15.1 percent for the previous three years.

Experts said California’s higher supplemental rate reflects the impact of higher housing prices and other costs. “Californians are more likely to be poor than residents in any other state,” said Sara Kimberlin, senior policy analyst at the California Budget and Policy Center.

Under the official poverty measure, meanwhile, 14.5 percent of California residents live in poverty, down from 15 percent. That is 16th highest in the state and slightly above the 13.7 percent nationwide average in 2016.

A separate census release Tuesday showed that the percentage of California residents without health insurance dropped to 7.3 percent in 2016, down from 17.2 percent in 2013. That ranks 23rd nationwide, below the national average, but well above 2.5 percent uninsured rate for Massachusetts."

>> Under the official poverty measure, meanwhile, 14.5 percent of California residents live in poverty, down from 15 percent. That is 16th highest in the state and slightly above the 13.7 percent nationwide average in 2016. <<​

Care to essplain to the class how you can be above the average, and come in last?

Math much?

You still didn't essplain what the fuck any of this has to do with the Electrical College. Or any of those ten other questions.

Haha...are you caught in some weird and twisted backward reality or something...or are you just that much of a fool?
"Under the methodology, an estimated 20.4 percent of Californians lived below the poverty line in a three-year average of 2014, 2015 and 2016. That is virtually unchanged from the 20.6 percent average for 2013, 2014 and 2015, according to Tuesday’s release."

fat_guy_3-300x289.jpg
For 2016 the ten states with highest poverty rate are:
1. Mississippi - 20.8% below the poverty level
2. Louisiana -20% below the poverty level
3. New Mexico -19.8% below the poverty level
4. Kentucky -18.4% below the poverty level
5. West Virginia -17.9% below the poverty level
6. Arkansas -17.2% below the poverty level
7. Alabama 17.1% below the poverty level
8. Arizona 18.1% below the poverty level
9. Oklahoma 16.3% below the poverty level
10.Georgia 16% below the poverty level.

California with 14.3% below the poverty level ranks about 18th.

9 of the 10 states with highest poverty rate voted republican in 2016.
8 of the 10 states with lowest poverty rate voted democrat in 2016.

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2017/acs/acsbr16-01.pdf

Haha...I'll play along....let's try this again. Let me know how many links to .GOV sources I need to post...haha....I know it's though for you Loons to wrap your tiny little peanut size minds around it all...you want to believe soooo bad that people in Mexifornia aren't living just like the human cockroaches in Mexico...but sorry...you're wrong.
Remember, GDP does not translate for the lower 2/3's of the population.
If Silicon Valley and Hollyweird is kicking ass and making the spreadsheet look good does no one really care that the rest of the state is living like filthy cockroaches? I mean, I thought "you people" hated inequality....no? But, but, but....this is different...right....but, but, but GDP!
Allow this to sink in:
CA=12% of the national population..33% of the nations welfare recipients
CA=20.4% of residents live in poverty, the highest rate in the nation
CA=Home to more illegals than any other state..coincidence?
CA=Home to more incarcerated than any other state
Loon York, another blue state shithole is fighting CA for that number one spot.
This was published on September 12, 2017
Census Bureau Poverty Statistics Published

DQmWEk15PKqniyPPz29CbChC39eyRnAubnEuNvenv23vpTq

Last edited:

BY JIM MILLER

Math much?

fat_guy_3-300x289.jpg

IOW, California's poverty rate is highest if you invent a new measure of poverty designed to make California's poverty rate the highest.
In 2016
BTW southern states have high poverty rates because of the same reason. They have high percentages of poor minority Democrat voters.

BY JIM MILLER

Math much?

fat_guy_3-300x289.jpg

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2017/acs/acsbr16-01.pdf

9 Most Bankrupt States In America: Is Yours On The List?
welcome_to_california_sign.jpg

Image: Public DomainA new report shows that the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) received less than one percent on its investment, putting the country's biggest pension fund at a stunning $100 billion shortfall.
The key takeaway from the Mercatus Center's list is that the vast majority of the states in poor fiscal health are blue states, demonstrating yet again how lavish government spending is unsustainable and economically unviable in the long run. The dismal return on CalPERS's investments are particularly reflective of that common sense economic reality.

Not surprisingly, California is ranked among the top nine in the states with the worst fiscal condition by the Mercatus Center, as of June 1. Here are each of the states that made the top nine in their rankings:

1. Connecticut:

• $20.88 billion in total debt.
  • $102.84 billion in unfunded liabilities and other retirement benefits.
  • $505 in deficit per capita.
2. Massachusetts:

• $26.73 billion in total debt.
  • $190.83 billion in in unfunded liabilities and other retirement benefits.
  • $342 in deficit per capita.
3. New Jersey:

• $41.84 billion in total debt.
  • $255.2 billion in unfunded pension liabilities and other retirement benefits.
  • $396 in deficit per capita.
4. Illinois:

• $35.5 billion in total debt.
  • $332.54 billion in unfunded pension liabilities and other retirement benefits.
  • $40 in deficit per capita.
5. Kentucky:

• $8.23 billion in total debt.
  • $82.68 billion in unfunded liabilities and other retirement benefits.
  • $100 in deficit per capita.
6. Hawaii:

• $7.78 billion in total debt.
  • $39.92 billion in unfunded liabilities and other retirement benefits.
  • $83 in deficit per capita.
7. California:

• $118.7 billion in total debt.
  • $785.72 billion in unfunded liabilities and other retirement benefits.
  • $250 in surplus per capita.
8. Maine:

• $1.2 billion in total debt.
  • $15.2 billion in unfunded liabilities and other retirement benefits.
  • $20 in deficit per capita.
9. New York:

• $58.32 billion in total debt.
  • $349.81 billion in unfunded liabilities and other retirement benefits.
  • $125 in surplus per capita.
mexifornia.jpg

BY JIM MILLER

Math much?

fat_guy_3-300x289.jpg

In 2016

BY JIM MILLER

Math much?

fat_guy_3-300x289.jpg

California population 39 million people 14% = 5.5 million people in poverty

The entire fricking state of Mississippi is 3 million people ..20% is only 600,000 people in poverty

Yup like a good liberal only use percentages to boost your cause

Louisiana population 4.5 million, 20% = 9,000,000 in poverty

Arizona population 6 million 18% = 1 million in poverty

Those three states combined only has 2.5 million in poverty and California has 5 .5 million in poverty

Last edited:
Arkansas 3 million population 17 % in poverty =500,000

Alabama 4 million population 17% in poverty = 680,000

So you now combine Arkansas, alabama , lousiana, Arizona, Mississippi = only roughly around 4 million people in poverty

And once again California has 5.5 million people in poverty

So you now combine Arkansas, alabama , lousiana, Arizona, Mississippi = only roughly around 4 million people in poverty

Because they have way more people !!

God you cons suck at statistics .

You lefties love to play your games ...so in reality California is a shit hole with more welfare whores then at least 9 states combined and you want them to rule over the country if the left tard mental masturbation fantasy of getting rid of the electoral college is eliminated?

You lefties love to play your games ...so in reality California is a shit hole with more welfare whores then at least 9 states combined and you want them to rule over the country if the left tard mental masturbation fantasy of getting rid of the electoral college is eliminated?

Well since we aren’t adjusting for population , Cali pays way more in taxes than those other states .

Well since we aren’t adjusting for population , Cali pays way more in taxes than those other states .

Not the 5 million in poverty ...

I knew that whizzo was math-challenged when he admitted pissing his money away in a gambling casino.

“Poverty “ in Cali = middle class in Bama .

I knew that whizzo was math-challenged when he admitted pissing his money away in a gambling casino.
Maybe, but we're comparing one of the richest states w/ with at least 4 of the lowest. California, and I don't say this easily, having lived there for 16 years, has turned into a veritable shit hole of a state.

Maybe, but we're comparing one of the richest states w/ with at least 4 of the lowest. California, and I don't say this easily, having lived there for 16 years, has turned into a veritable shit hole of a state.

Compared to what ?

“Poverty “ in Cali = middle class in Bama .

Mexifornia poverty:
o-CALIFORNIA-POVERTY-facebook.jpg

Alabama Middle Class neighborhood:
norwood-neighborhood-by-tamika-moorejpg-ce09bed36e60a3c7.jpg

Yep, looks very similar with the same class of people...haha
Only in that twisted fucked up mind of a true LefTard...haha
Remember, it's pockets of your filthy Democrats / pet humans / welfare babies / that destroy all spreadsheets in Red States.

The electoral college system also contributes to low voter turnout and also contributes to the limiting of the states where the presidential candidates will campaign.
Since I don't live in a swing state and it always goes democrat, there is little reason to vote. If you're a republican, it's just a protest vote. If you're a democrat, it just a vote of confidence. We have a really stupid system for electing our presidents and it's not going to change.

Compared to what ?
Places that are not shit holes. Stupid question. Having said that, there are still parts of CA that are stunningly beautiful, but those are in the Red parts of the state. Poverty and sleaze are typically in the Blue areas and very limited areas like where Pelosi lives.

The electoral college system also contributes to low voter turnout and also contributes to the limiting of the states where the presidential candidates will campaign.
Since I don't live in a swing state and it always goes democrat, there is little reason to vote. If you're a republican, it's just a protest vote. If you're a democrat, it just a vote of confidence. We have a really stupid system for electing our presidents and it's not going to change.
Don't vote! Since it's senseless, I encourage it. But then stop whining, OK?

Compared to what ?
Places that are not shit holes. Stupid question. Having said that, there are still parts of CA that are stunningly beautiful, but those are in the Red parts of the state. Poverty and sleaze are typically in the Blue areas and very limited areas like where Pelosi lives.

Compared to what ?

Pelosi is the rep for San Fran area! Which generates incredible income for this country had has some of the highest per cap income in the nation .

Compared to what ?

True.
I live on the south Orange County, north San Diego border on the water....it's absolutely amazing here but only because Mexicans can't afford the fuel within a five radius. Just a short drive out of here and you're welcomed by graffiti, dirty diapers and Modello cans lining the roadways, stray pit bulls running the streets and uninsured drivers...basically it's North Mexico.

Compared to what ?

True.
I live on the south Orange County, north San Diego border on the water....it's absolutely amazing here but only because Mexicans can't afford the fuel within a five radius. Just a short drive out of here and you're welcomed by graffiti, dirty diapers and Modello cans lining the roadways, stray pit bulls running the streets and uninsured drivers...basically it's North Mexico.
Yeah. I lived in San Diego until 1989. South of Broadway was a shit hole but north till Camp Pendelton was nice. From what I hear a lot of the area has become a shit hole.

Forum List

Back