Why We Are Not Making Progress Against Racism

The Race Grievance Industry.
Yeah, the biggest pusher Bill O'Reilly was booted off the air, only to be replaced by another grievance pusher, Tucker Carlson.

You're an idiot. Whites are not grieved by race. Whites are not benefitting from racial division. Neither is Carlson or O'Reilly. That is so much bull shit, even an idiot like you knows it's a lie. Go away liar.

We'd made all kinds of progress until Obama took office.

He and the current misnomered clot of Progressives stirred it all up again with their wanna-be "black activists" and student radicals, and now they are repeating the stupified 60s counterculture among themselves and annoying the crap out of everyone else.

Obama didn't cause racial problems. His skin color stirred up the racists. If he was white, but still did everything exactly as he did, there would have been no increase in racial problems.
he did not do much to end it either....

Not much he could do about reinvigorated racists who were mad because he was a black president.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The Race Grievance Industry.
Yeah, the biggest pusher Bill O'Reilly was booted off the air, only to be replaced by another grievance pusher, Tucker Carlson.

You're an idiot. Whites are not grieved by race. Whites are not benefitting from racial division. Neither is Carlson or O'Reilly. That is so much bull shit, even an idiot like you knows it's a lie. Go away liar.

America history shows this to be untrue.

He and the current misnomered clot of Progressives stirred it all up again with their wanna-be "black activists" and student radicals, and now they are repeating the stupified 60s counterculture among themselves and annoying the crap out of everyone else.

Obama didn't cause racial problems. His skin color stirred up the racists. If he was white, but still did everything exactly as he did, there would have been no increase in racial problems.

He is every bit white as he is black.

I guess they were pissed off at the black half.

Answer:

Democrats, they need racism to stay in power, their is a huge difference between polite and respectful southern blacks and me first/ play the victim obnoxious northern blacks.

Truth hurts

No?

PROFITING FROM RACISM.

We aren't making progress because there is too much money to be made keeping it alive. What would the likes of Al Sharpton and David Dukes do if they couldn't racebait?

Hello, Dave. The list of Americans making a very comfortable living from promoting America's once legal though fading Culture of RACISM seems to being expanding.

Apparent "Pro Black" minded educator Jane Elliot as well as author and violence researcher Dr. Joy DeGruy, Ph.D. are just two supposedly highly educated Americans promoting HATE while ignoring the fact SYSTEMIC Child Abuse has replaced and surpassed the human damage caused by the human oppression we call racism.

otlr3n.jpg

Professor, author and violence researcher Dr. Stacey Patton, Ph.D, is another "Pro Black" minded American spewing racist, anti white supremacist hate, while at the same time offering research like this:

210aq95.jpg

Dr. Patton writes about child caregivers being the NUMBER ONE threat to the lives of black or American kids of African descent...while at the same time claiming in today's world a legacy of SLAVERY is to blame for moms, dads or other family members murdering black kids at a rate three times higher than non-black American child caregivers.

MENTAL ILLNESS runs deep in many black American communities.

In my opinion this American dad explains WHO is primarily responsible for the madness existing in far too many American communites and neighborhoods.

"How Black Community's Ignorance of Mental Illness Almost Killed Me" ~Law of Polaris -North Star-

"How black Women sabotage their sons," ~Law of Polaris -North Star-

Peace.

We don't progress because idiots like this post up garbage validating white racist beliefs,

Just like I said, the racists on both sides keep it alive, not just whites.

Too bad you can only repeat statements that are not true.

A perfect reflection of the problem.

Posted by Algernon Austin on September 21, 2017

“At this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,” stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obama’s first election, many Americans—on the left, right, and center—agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americans—especially rich, white Americans—greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measure—wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealth—the value of assets minus debts—is the most important measure of a family’s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents.

This view that black people are economically equal with white people or are rapidly approaching equality is part of what is animating conflicts over racism today. For example, the journalist Jesse Washington reports, “a lot of the people who are upset with the [NFL] flag protests do not believe that African-Americans are still treated unfairly in this country, that [African Americans] are still subject to oppression. They think that there is a level playing field.”

For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites. Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a “conversation on race” is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americans’ information bubbles.

Another challenge is the fact that it is high-income white people who are most inaccurate about how much more needs to be done to address racism. High-income white people are the most politically powerful segment of America because politicians tend to rely on them to finance their political campaigns. They have disproportionate influence over what is and is not seen as a legitimate political issue. This is another reason why we need to reduce the influence of money in politics, and to foster more non-rich, multi-racial engagement in the political process.

The first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one. Only when more Americans face up to the reality of racism in American life will be able to make progress against racism in American life.

Why do blacks have such an obsession with being "equal" with white people? And if you're thus obsessed, why don't you start with having equal values about staying in school, using a condom or having a job? Do you think that it's just going to come about by FUCKING MAGIC???

Because we do all that.
Come back when blacks can make a continent, Africa, as good as a white continent, like North America.

Come back when you have the intelligence and courage to face the truth that whites ruined a perfectly good continent.

PROFITING FROM RACISM.

We aren't making progress because there is too much money to be made keeping it alive. What would the likes of Al Sharpton and David Dukes do if they couldn't racebait?

Hello, Dave. The list of Americans making a very comfortable living from promoting America's once legal though fading Culture of RACISM seems to being expanding.

Apparent "Pro Black" minded educator Jane Elliot as well as author and violence researcher Dr. Joy DeGruy, Ph.D. are just two supposedly highly educated Americans promoting HATE while ignoring the fact SYSTEMIC Child Abuse has replaced and surpassed the human damage caused by the human oppression we call racism.

otlr3n.jpg

Professor, author and violence researcher Dr. Stacey Patton, Ph.D, is another "Pro Black" minded American spewing racist, anti white supremacist hate, while at the same time offering research like this:

210aq95.jpg

Dr. Patton writes about child caregivers being the NUMBER ONE threat to the lives of black or American kids of African descent...while at the same time claiming in today's world a legacy of SLAVERY is to blame for moms, dads or other family members murdering black kids at a rate three times higher than non-black American child caregivers.

MENTAL ILLNESS runs deep in many black American communities.

In my opinion this American dad explains WHO is primarily responsible for the madness existing in far too many American communites and neighborhoods.

"How Black Community's Ignorance of Mental Illness Almost Killed Me" ~Law of Polaris -North Star-

"How black Women sabotage their sons," ~Law of Polaris -North Star-

Peace.

We don't progress because idiots like this post up garbage validating white racist beliefs,

Just like I said, the racists on both sides keep it alive, not just whites.

Too bad you can only repeat statements that are not true.

Just because you choose to ignore the facts doesn't mean the facts are false. What I posted is 100% accurate.

Answer:

Democrats, they need racism to stay in power, their is a huge difference between polite and respectful southern blacks and me first/ play the victim obnoxious northern blacks.

Truth hurts

No?

Not the answer or the truth.

Posted by Algernon Austin on September 21, 2017

“At this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,” stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obama’s first election, many Americans—on the left, right, and center—agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americans—especially rich, white Americans—greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measure—wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealth—the value of assets minus debts—is the most important measure of a family’s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents.

This view that black people are economically equal with white people or are rapidly approaching equality is part of what is animating conflicts over racism today. For example, the journalist Jesse Washington reports, “a lot of the people who are upset with the [NFL] flag protests do not believe that African-Americans are still treated unfairly in this country, that [African Americans] are still subject to oppression. They think that there is a level playing field.”

For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites. Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a “conversation on race” is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americans’ information bubbles.

Another challenge is the fact that it is high-income white people who are most inaccurate about how much more needs to be done to address racism. High-income white people are the most politically powerful segment of America because politicians tend to rely on them to finance their political campaigns. They have disproportionate influence over what is and is not seen as a legitimate political issue. This is another reason why we need to reduce the influence of money in politics, and to foster more non-rich, multi-racial engagement in the political process.

The first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one. Only when more Americans face up to the reality of racism in American life will be able to make progress against racism in American life.

Why do blacks have such an obsession with being "equal" with white people? And if you're thus obsessed, why don't you start with having equal values about staying in school, using a condom or having a job? Do you think that it's just going to come about by FUCKING MAGIC???

Because we do all that.
Come back when blacks can make a continent, Africa, as good as a white continent, like North America.

Come back when you have the intelligence and courage to face the truth that whites ruined a perfectly good continent.
Whites tried to help, now the Chinese are trying to show you how to grow food in Africa. And what's the problam now? Most countries in Africa are run by blacks, aren't they? Are there any with white leaders?

Whites like you guys were the problem. Not Obama.
nice excuse....and many people dont consider me a "white" guy so stick that white shit up your ass...and i will say something you wont say because you cant... Obama did not do much to help no doubt because he was afraid of criticism from black guys like you....it got worse under him....

Whites like you were the problem and that's a fact. Why would I, a black man, criticize Obama for trying to stop racism? Make sense when you reply to me son.
well if thats a fact then blacks like you are also the problem,i have read your posts here....and Obama did not do much to stop racism...and you should take your own advice son....

Not much he could do about reinvigorated racists who were mad because he was a black president.
if you are a real leader you lead.....like bush and the guy right now,Obama was a half-assed leader.......

Answer:

Truth hurts

No?

It's the truth, born and raised Chicago 38 years, 14 years in South Carolina...

I know the truth..you don't.

Answer:

Truth hurts

No?

It's the truth, born and raised Chicago 38 years, 14 years in South Carolina...

I know the truth..you don't.

No, you don't know the truth.

A perfect reflection of the problem is the one you see in the mirror every morning.

I don't see you in my mirror.

Well, that would be kind of awkward. Plus, I dont think my wife would approve

Look, you're a Asian puppet kissing the asses of whites who can't stand the fact you exist. You can't really tell me shit.
I love Asians.
Educated.
Honest.
Don’t ask for handouts.

Whites like you guys were the problem. Not Obama.
nice excuse....and many people dont consider me a "white" guy so stick that white shit up your ass...and i will say something you wont say because you cant... Obama did not do much to help no doubt because he was afraid of criticism from black guys like you....it got worse under him....

Whites like you were the problem and that's a fact. Why would I, a black man, criticize Obama for trying to stop racism? Make sense when you reply to me son.
well if thats a fact then blacks like you are also the problem,i have read your posts here....and Obama did not do much to stop racism...and you should take your own advice son....

Nah. Blacks like me are not the problem. Far from it. Obama was not the problem.

Forum List

Back