Why We Are Not Making Progress Against Racism

when there is not much of something, like racism, it's hard to make a lot of progress with it
...there's no need to/can't/etc

blacks graduate at lower levels and commit crime at much, MUCH higher levels
shouldn't you be concentrating on those more important, more destructive problems

More dumb whiteness.

If Obama had done just for blacks, this bitch would have been crying for the rest of his white racist life about Obamas racism.
Yep. By his own words the bitch states that Obama didn't do anything for blacks.

Yet the bitch is amongst those calling President Barack Hussein Obama the most racist President ever.

These far rightwing bitches don't stop w/their mental masturbation.

Nah. Blacks like me are not the problem. Far from it. Obama was not the problem.
What did Obama do for blacks? Anything?

I'm not sure he did anything specifically for blacks. He did do a lot to help the less privileged, but I don't think anything was specifically for blacks. I don't think I could have supported him as much if skin color was a defining factor in any of his programs. He was elected to represent all Americans.
maxine said he did not do much for blacks..............

And?
and what?....she said he did not do much for blacks....was she wrong?....

Obama said if he had a son he's look like Trayvon and you white racists cried like children about that. He sent Holder to Ferguson and you bastards cried about that. You racists made up a Iie about him not doing anything about the NBPP claiming he doesn't try stopping blacks. So don't ask dumb questions as a white person to blacks about what Obama did or didn't do for blacks. Had he tried, you bitches would have lost your minds.

I'm not sure he did anything specifically for blacks. He did do a lot to help the less privileged, but I don't think anything was specifically for blacks. I don't think I could have supported him as much if skin color was a defining factor in any of his programs. He was elected to represent all Americans.

And?

Obama said if he had a son he's look like Trayvon and you white racists cried like children about that. He sent Holder to Ferguson and you bastards cried about that. You racists made up a Iie about him not doing anything about the NBPP claiming he doesn't try stopping blacks. So don't ask dumb questions as a white person to blacks about what Obama did or didn't do for blacks. Had he tried, you bitches would have lost your minds.
hey dipshit....show me a post of mine doing any of that....and when you cant, maybe you will address the post of mine you are replying too....

A perfect reflection of the problem.

Posted by Algernon Austin on September 21, 2017

“At this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,” stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obama’s first election, many Americans—on the left, right, and center—agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americans—especially rich, white Americans—greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measure—wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealth—the value of assets minus debts—is the most important measure of a family’s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents.

This view that black people are economically equal with white people or are rapidly approaching equality is part of what is animating conflicts over racism today. For example, the journalist Jesse Washington reports, “a lot of the people who are upset with the [NFL] flag protests do not believe that African-Americans are still treated unfairly in this country, that [African Americans] are still subject to oppression. They think that there is a level playing field.”

For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites. Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a “conversation on race” is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americans’ information bubbles.

Another challenge is the fact that it is high-income white people who are most inaccurate about how much more needs to be done to address racism. High-income white people are the most politically powerful segment of America because politicians tend to rely on them to finance their political campaigns. They have disproportionate influence over what is and is not seen as a legitimate political issue. This is another reason why we need to reduce the influence of money in politics, and to foster more non-rich, multi-racial engagement in the political process.

The first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one. Only when more Americans face up to the reality of racism in American life will be able to make progress against racism in American life.

Because we spend so much time dealing with these Washington beltway anti-american scams we don't have the time for anything else.
Last week it was children....... *SOB*.... being separated from their....*SNIFF SNIFF*.... parents.
This week it *TRUMP MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE*......Boo...hoo!!!

Oh goody, the millionth mindless racial grievance-mongering thread by USMB's resident race-hustling black crybaby, IM2. Does his/her simple mind talk about anything else? Listen, crybaby, nobody owes you anything. YOU and you alone are responsible for your own life, so what do you hope to accomplish by your paranoid sniveling about race? Do you think whites are going to bow to you and give the likes of you a free handout or something? Why don't you grow the fuck up?

This is the race and racism section. As such race and racism will be discussed. I don't have to talk about anything else just because you can't take the truth. Don't lecture me about life you white racist loser, I've done far more and better than you even while facing white racism. We are owed and your white ass doesn't have to like me saying that. I don't exist to please your punk white ass. Understand?

And?

hey dipshit....show me a post of mine doing any of that....and when you cant, maybe you will address the post of mine you are replying too....

No, I don't have to. You asked a question, I presented instances where he stood up for blacks and whites like you whined like you were a bottle of chardonnay. So your post was addressed.

“At this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,” stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obama’s first election, many Americans—on the left, right, and center—agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americans—especially rich, white Americans—greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measure—wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealth—the value of assets minus debts—is the most important measure of a family’s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents.

This view that black people are economically equal with white people or are rapidly approaching equality is part of what is animating conflicts over racism today. For example, the journalist Jesse Washington reports, “a lot of the people who are upset with the [NFL] flag protests do not believe that African-Americans are still treated unfairly in this country, that [African Americans] are still subject to oppression. They think that there is a level playing field.”

For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites. Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a “conversation on race” is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americans’ information bubbles.

Another challenge is the fact that it is high-income white people who are most inaccurate about how much more needs to be done to address racism. High-income white people are the most politically powerful segment of America because politicians tend to rely on them to finance their political campaigns. They have disproportionate influence over what is and is not seen as a legitimate political issue. This is another reason why we need to reduce the influence of money in politics, and to foster more non-rich, multi-racial engagement in the political process.

The first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one. Only when more Americans face up to the reality of racism in American life will be able to make progress against racism in American life.

Because we spend so much time dealing with these Washington beltway anti-american scams we don't have the time for anything else.
Last week it was children....... *SOB*.... being separated from their....*SNIFF SNIFF*.... parents.
This week it *TRUMP MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE*......Boo...hoo!!!

That's not the reason. You aren't man enough to face the true reason.

And?

No, I don't have to. You asked a question, I presented instances where he stood up for blacks and whites like you whined like you were a bottle of chardonnay. So your post was addressed.
hey black guy wannabe....my question was about what waters said,not anything i said....now was she right or wrong?....

It's called genes, still simmering.
A nation founded by slave owners/rapists and criminals is still young by everybody outside the USA standards

It's called genes, still simmering.
A nation founded by slave owners/rapists and criminals is still young by everybody outside the USA standards

This is true but the racists here love to deflect to Africa about how much time they've had and can't get it together and they are younger nations than we are by almost 200 years apeice.

hey black guy wannabe....my question was about what waters said,not anything i said....now was she right or wrong?....

I answered your question white loser. And you did ask what did Obama do for blacks.

I answered your question white loser. And you did ask what did Obama do for blacks.
whats the matter I AM a black guy wannabe?....cant answer what waters said?...

whats the matter I AM a black guy wannabe?....cant answer what waters said?...

Except I did answer the question white loser.

What did you want him to do for blacks? And/or what should he have done for blacks?
It just shows that blacks don't help blacks.

More dumb whiteness.

If Obama had done just for blacks, this bitch would have been crying for the rest of his white racist life about Obamas racism.

He obviously did nothing for blacks, because he could not. And even though he didn't, he is still accused of being a "racist". If he had ever proposed publically to want to assist ANY black community, there would have been endless backlash from the backward alt right lunatics on a mass scale.

Even a half Black man in the "white house", brought out the worst side of the ugly underbelly of this country.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back