Why We Are Not Making Progress Against Racism

he did not do much to end it either....
What's that supposed to mean? Other than you reaching for SOME excuse, ANYTHING, to bash the man.

outside of me saying he was a half-assed "leader" i never bashed the guy....i even was in threads defending him for trying to give everyone health care,i just felt he went about it the wrong way.....maybe you should know about the posters marc before you bash them...

We all but eliminated racism in this country.

Then Obammy came to town.
That is correct! We are no longer making progress on racism because black people teach hatred of white people in their homes and their churches and on this forum!

Black people should stop complaining and stay in school.

I stayed in school long enough to get a masters. Did you white boy?
They hand those things out to black people like candy..no need to study. Masters degrees are demeaned by affirmative action and no longer grant their black holders any status because everybody knows, as Obama famously said..you didn't earn that.
He should be commended for his continued education. There is no such thing as too much education. While I don't believe in 99.9% of his posts, finishing school and then continuing on to get a degree is commendable. I had to fight tooth and nail to get my daughter to graduate from high school.
A masters degree doesn’t make him any less ignorant or bigoted or racist!

Since I am none of those things...….. Perhaps you get an education to learn what they are.

They hand those things out to black people like candy..no need to study. Masters degrees are demeaned by affirmative action and no longer grant their black holders any status because everybody knows, as Obama famously said..you didn't earn that.
He should be commended for his continued education. There is no such thing as too much education. While I don't believe in 99.9% of his posts, finishing school and then continuing on to get a degree is commendable. I had to fight tooth and nail to get my daughter to graduate from high school.
We all have ar least a Masters on the internet. IM2 couldn't be more full of shit if he tried... or if his skin was darker.

You did not finish your thought. Let me put in your missing phrase.

"We all but eliminated racism in this Country, then Obammmy came to town [sic] and that bothered us so much that we realized that we had not eliminated racism at all?

"We all but eliminated racism in this Country, then Obammmy came to town [sic] and that bothered us so much that we realized that we had not eliminated racism at all?
It’s a coward who posts this way! She’s capable of finishing her own thoughts! Those are your thoughts not hers! Shame on you!

It’s a coward who posts this way! She’s capable of finishing her own thoughts! Those are your thoughts not hers! Shame on you!

No...she is the coward for not telling the whole story. You have to keep in mind that every juncture of progress, it made things worse before they got better. During the civil rights movement in the south, whites got really mad when blacks stood up for the rights. They thought things were just fine when blacks “accepted their place”. Blacks getting an equal or “better” place always seems to agitate white folks.

No...she is the coward for not telling the whole story. You have to keep in mind that every juncture of progress, it made things worse before they got better. During the civil rights movement in the south, whites got really mad when blacks stood up for the rights. They thought things were just fine when blacks “accepted their place”. Blacks getting an equal or “better” place always seems to agitate white folks.
Horseshit!

A perfect reflection of the problem.

Posted by Algernon Austin on September 21, 2017

“At this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,” stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States.http://www.demos.org/blog/9/21/17/why-we-are-not-making-progress-against-racism#_edn1 In the euphoria of Obama’s first election, many Americans—on the left, right, and center—agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americans—especially rich, white Americans—greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measure—wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealth—the value of assets minus debts—is the most important measure of a family’s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents.

This view that black people are economically equal with white people or are rapidly approaching equality is part of what is animating conflicts over racism today. For example, the journalist Jesse Washington reports, “a lot of the people who are upset with the [NFL] flag protests do not believe that African-Americans are still treated unfairly in this country, that [African Americans] are still subject to oppression. They think that there is a level playing field.”

For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites. Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a “conversation on race” is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americans’ information bubbles.

Another challenge is the fact that it is high-income white people who are most inaccurate about how much more needs to be done to address racism. High-income white people are the most politically powerful segment of America because politicians tend to rely on them to finance their political campaigns. They have disproportionate influence over what is and is not seen as a legitimate political issue. This is another reason why we need to reduce the influence of money in politics, and to foster more non-rich, multi-racial engagement in the political process.

The first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one. Only when more Americans face up to the reality of racism in American life will be able to make progress against racism in American life.

Source page dead resource please.

Horseshit!

I think all animals shit.

We all have ar least a Masters on the internet. IM2 couldn't be more full of shit if he tried... or if his skin was darker.

IM2 is the one you can't out debate. I'm more intelligent and educated than you are. And I've shown you your mistakes just as every other black here has done to you. You're just a dumb ass internet loud mouth who has done nothing of value in your life. That's why you losers congregate in this section circle jerking each other because you are too scared to take your opinions into all black forums. You guys are so much more intelligent and we know so little, why don't you enter into an all back forum and begin teaching us dumb blacks how to be successful. Tell all those blacks how they need to get off welfare. And see what you get. Pussy.

IM2 is the one you can't out debate. I'm more intelligent and educated than you are. And I've shown you your mistakes as have every other black here has done to you. You're just a dumb ass internet loud mouth who has done nothing of value in your life. That's why you losers congregate in this section circle jerking ac other because you are too scared to take your opinions into all black forums. You guys are so much more intelligent and we know so little, why don't you enter into an all back forum and begin teaching us dumb blacks how to be successful. Tell all those blacks how they need to get off welfare. And see what you get. Pussy.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ See what I'm saying? Total childish gibberish. Not worthy of someone intelligent enough to get a Master's.

IM2 is the one you can't out debate. I'm more intelligent and educated than you are. And I've shown you your mistakes as have every other black here has done to you. You're just a dumb ass internet loud mouth who has done nothing of value in your life. That's why you losers congregate in this section circle jerking ac other because you are too scared to take your opinions into all black forums. You guys are so much more intelligent and we know so little, why don't you enter into an all back forum and begin teaching us dumb blacks how to be successful. Tell all those blacks how they need to get off welfare. And see what you get. Pussy.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ See what I'm saying? Total childish gibberish. Not worthy of someone intelligent enough to get a Master's.

You aren't saying anything fool.

You aren't saying anything fool.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Again, not a very intelligent comment.

...I'm more intelligent and educated than you are. ...y.

:lmao:

Forum List

Back