Why WE Are An Exceptional People...And Should Be Proud Of Who We Are

Here's that word "exceptional" again.

Personally, I don't care whether the average American is "exceptional" or not. Can someone tell me why it's important that we're exceptional? And precisely hat did the average American do to be "exceptional"?

And perhaps most importantly, precisely what does being "exceptional" get us? Does it mean that we get to invade and blow the shit out of other countries when we feel like it? Does it mean that normal rules of behavior don't apply to Americans? What do we get to do with this label of "exceptional"?

Looking forward to responses.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Personally, I don't care whether the average American is "exceptional" or not. Can someone tell me why it's important that we're exceptional? And precisely hat did the average American do to be "exceptional"?

And perhaps most importantly, precisely what does being "exceptional" get us? Does it mean that we get to invade and blow the shit out of other countries when we feel like it? Does it mean that normal rules of behavior don't apply to Americans? What do we get to do with this label of "exceptional"?

That is why I chose the word "great" in my post instead of "exceptional". Sadly "exceptional" seems to be the code word used for justifying us doing everything you mentioned.

We were exceptional - now we're not...

Our model of freedom took down theocracy and monarchy....

People wanted individualism and freedom, the simple fact there was a place - "the new world" - to do it spawned revolutions and manifested constitutions....

So yes, we are exceptional.

Now we're just reverting to authoritarian rule - the same ideas in which people fled from and many died for....

What made us exceptional died ten years after we got it. Freedom. Freedom from tyranny and despotic governance. Then the typical statist mentality kicked in and we ratified the constitution to create the federal monstrocity we have now.

Our independence died long ago. We just replaced who are masters are. Nice work. Very exceptional.

What made us exceptional died ten years after we got it. Freedom. Freedom from tyranny and despotic governance. Then the typical statist mentality kicked in and we ratified the constitution to create the federal monstrocity we have now.

Our independence died long ago. We just replaced who are masters are. Nice work. Very exceptional.

The Federalists were nothing more than your present day progressives...

"Government, government, government."

Obviously the Democratic-Republicans were opposed to that idea.... I suppose they won but lost....

Amendments XI-XXVII pretty much allow the government to dictate.....

They use those amendments to steal liberty....

Is it common for people to sleep through history class??

Apparently some do..or selectively pay attention when it favours thier world view. Those are the people that usually repeat history.:eusa_whistle:

People will repeat the same mistakes unless they learn them. Either that or they're dumb, nefarious or just don't care.

...In fact?

Seventy Six of them.

I liked this piece. WE are indeed unique in the world...and what we have is worth preserving and defending.

Happy Independence Day folks...

ENJOY!

4th Of July Special: Here are the 76 Most American Things Ever

Because, for the most part, the rich and powerful make exceptions for themselves when it comes to the rules that the rest of us are expected to follow.

No the elitists do.............

I don't know why the left have to act like anyone that has more than they do is some sort of criminal.....

Like making money and building capital is bad??

Soros is an evil motherfucker yet progressives adore him. No those batshit crazy progressives point fingers at those who have money and lean right. No they point fingers at small business owners that have 2-3 million in capital. Then they go all OWSon their asses and bust up their businesses - all the while praising the likes of Michael Moore and Soros.

Gerorge Soros is a remnant of the NAZI Era...that asshole has purposely tanked economies.

Obviously the Democratic-Republicans were opposed to that idea.... I suppose they won but lost....

Lest we forget creation of the Federal Reserve?

Lest we forget creation of the Federal Reserve?

The Federalists wanted one, they didn't get their wish until 150 years later when Wilson established that bullshit.

We are all just people, that's just fact. We as Americans have slowly destroyed what was given to us, Dems and Reps alike. It is natural to shift towards welfare until it all falls apart. It's a cycle.

I suppose every civilization destroys itself.... I just don't like to see it happen in front of my eyes......

But I think eventually we will say "enough is enough" and stop the destruction.....

750,000-800,000 people didn't die so we could lose freedom and go back to authoritarianism and tyranny.... Real patriots wont allow that to happen....

Civilizations may die, but they are also born. Maybe if our civilization is destined to die, then we will be the ones to create a new and better one.

:cuckoo:

30 years of Voodoo Reaganism, and we're in trouble- see sig pp1. Also , it's not a new entitlement attitude, it's a SECOND Pub World depression. Romneycare for all!

"The British journalist Ed Luce, whose book Time To Start Thinking is subtitled America In The Age Of Descent, argues that its failure to invest in infrastructure, research and education has been hugely damaging.

He told me: "The American dream no longer exists. If you compare income mobility, for example, you're twice as likely to move up an income group - up a class - in Canada or Germany as you would in the US.

"You're as likely to move up a class in Britain, and Britain's at the bottom of the league. It's got to stop these trends; otherwise it'll cease to be the America we admire; and I think it's to a large extent already ceasing, or has ceased, to be the America we admire.

BBC News - Is the US caught in the slow lane?

You're not allowed to speak a word to me.....

I don't give two shits what your brand thinks....

Understand??

Understand??

I of course I can speak to you: whenever I want.

When you talk stupid, you will get your e-butt kicked up your e-throat between your e-hears so you can e-hear having it e-beaten on.

You are :cuckoo: Understand?

Last edited:

Understand??

Are you Emperor or something? :confused:

Forum List

Back