Why WE Are An Exceptional People...And Should Be Proud Of Who We Are

You have obviously hate people living here who have every right to correct simplistic jingoism masquerading as patriotism. I am an American veteran, a descendant of American veterans to the War of Independence, who teaches patriotism to my children and grandchildren, BUT . . . not your mindless, brainless chant of 'USA USA'.

Read this carefully, you mushroom. When we live up to the ideals of the Declaration of Independence and the U. S. Constitution, we are really something as a people and a country.

And when we don't, mushroom? We are as formless and worthless as Limbaugh and Beck.

Don't suggest exile to other Americans if you can't accept the suggestion in return.

You could always migrate somewhere more to your liking. No one is stopping you./QUOTE]

As can you. Hurry, the plane won't wait.

I don't hate where I am, nor do I hate the people living here with me to the point that I feel the need to constantly, incessantly, and uncomprehendingly criticize both. Of course, if you enjoy feeling like something of a lesser being, that's quite fine with me, too. But really, you don't need to stay where you are so very unhappy.

Here's that word "exceptional" again.

Personally, I don't care whether the average American is "exceptional" or not. Can someone tell me why it's important that we're exceptional? And precisely hat did the average American do to be "exceptional"?

And perhaps most importantly, precisely what does being "exceptional" get us? Does it mean that we get to invade and blow the shit out of other countries when we feel like it? Does it mean that normal rules of behavior don't apply to Americans? What do we get to do with this label of "exceptional"?

Looking forward to responses.

You could always migrate somewhere more to your liking. No one is stopping you.

Heres an idea...as you seem to hate the First amendment, you could leave and find a home in a nice country without freedom of speech. No one is stopping you.

Here's that word "exceptional" again.

Personally, I don't care whether the average American is "exceptional" or not. Can someone tell me why it's important that we're exceptional? And precisely hat did the average American do to be "exceptional"?

And perhaps most importantly, precisely what does being "exceptional" get us? Does it mean that we get to invade and blow the shit out of other countries when we feel like it? Does it mean that normal rules of behavior don't apply to Americans? What do we get to do with this label of "exceptional"?

Looking forward to responses.

You could always migrate somewhere more to your liking. No one is stopping you.

Another non-answer. Interesting. Didn't seem like tough questions.

You could have just said, "Mac, I don't really have an answer to that. I just enjoy the simplistic, non-thinking chest-thumping. It really gives me a buzz. Don't ask me to explain it, let me see if I can get through to Rush or Sean today and I'll get back to you."

Something like that.

Forum List

Back