Why was the 2020 election different than all other elections?

"In Michigan existing law was violated until they got the results the Democrat governor wanted."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That conclusion by the good poster CarlinAnnArbor seems to have little support by the Republican controlled Senate in Lansing who investigated the 2020 election.

To be fair, I don't know a whole lot about that state, but.......but do recall that an extensive and intensive examination by a State Senate Investigative Committee concluded there was not enough fraud to sway any of the state's elections....including for POTUS or either chamber of the State House, all three of which were lost by the Republican party.

In fact, the Chairman of that Committee, Senator Ed McBroom, stated this:
"In an interview after the meeting, McBroom said the committee has found what appears to be "potentially fraudulent activity" among some individuals who have been making false claims about the election. "If you are profiting by making false claims, that's pretty much the definition of fraud," McBroom said.

Notably, poster CarlinAnnArbor......this was a 4-person Committee, made up of 3-Republican Senators, 1-Democrat. And the Chairman, McBroom, is a Republican. And at the time of this investigation and report both chambers of the Michigan House were controlled by Republicans.

Reportage in the Detroit News noted that this long-awaited report on the 2020 election from a GOP-controlled Michigan Senate Oversight Committee recommended that individuals who pushed false claims to raise money or publicity for their own ends., be investigated by the State's Attorney General.

"The suggestion was among the most striking details of the Senate Oversight Committee's recap of a months-long examination of the presidential election. The report was released Wednesday with its main author, Sen. Ed McBroom, R-Vulcan, saying he found "
no evidence of widespread or systematic fraud," contradicting months of assertions from some members of his own party, including former President Donald Trump."
--------------------------------------

My avatar wishes the AnnArbor avatar well; however, would remind him/her that responsible posting does require a level of due diligence, attention to detail, and an obligation to be accurate -- so other readers can have confidence in one's opinions and intentions.

Good luck.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michigan Senate finds no voter fraud.

Looking at our elections of the 21st century, very few people did not trust our elections.

The 2000 election, Bush vs Gore, was not perfect but it was fair, Gore conceded after a Supreme court verdict.
The 2004 election, Bush vs Kerry was not perfect but it was fair. Kerry conceded
The 2008 election, McCain vs Obama, was not perfect but it was fair. McCain conceded.
The 2012 election, Romney vs Obama, was not perfect but it was fair. Romney conceded.
The 2016 election, Trump vs Clinton, was not perfect but it was fair. Clinton conceded.
The 2020 election, Trump vs Clinton, was not perfect but it was fair. After 40 failed law suits Trump refused to concede, saying the electionn was a fraud.

The only difference between any election and 2020 is Donald Trump could not admit he lost. None of our elections are perfect, but all are fair.
Loons cannot stop lying. Or yapping about Trump. You turds know who is office now, right?

Looking at our elections of the 21st century, very few people did not trust our elections.

The 2000 election, Bush vs Gore, was not perfect but it was fair, Gore conceded after a Supreme court verdict.
The 2004 election, Bush vs Kerry was not perfect but it was fair. Kerry conceded
The 2008 election, McCain vs Obama, was not perfect but it was fair. McCain conceded.
The 2012 election, Romney vs Obama, was not perfect but it was fair. Romney conceded.
The 2016 election, Trump vs Clinton, was not perfect but it was fair. Clinton conceded.
The 2020 election, Trump vs Clinton, was not perfect but it was fair. After 40 failed law suits Trump refused to concede, saying the electionn was a fraud.

The only difference between any election and 2020 is Donald Trump could not admit he lost. None of our elections are perfect, but all are fair.
I think you're putting too much trust in the distrustful. Kim Il What's his name got 100% of the North Korean population's vote. It's official. Saddam Hussein got 100% of the Iraki population's vote. It's official. Everyone charged with espionage in Stalin's USSR confessed. It's official. Every American prisoner in North Vietnam went on camera denouncing the US. It's official. Etc. Etc. Etc. So ....... all of those presidential candidates who conceded smell rather fishy. I'm not saying anything more than what I am saying but using the rate of conceding losers as the basis of your argument is no good. You'll have to find some other ground for criticism if you want to make a solid point.

Because Orange Man Bad.

The only difference between any election and 2020 is Donald Trump could not admit he lost.

No... there's the small matter of the DNC FUNDING AND PROFITING FROM RACIAL RIOTS, injuring 2000 cops and causing 4 billion dollars in damage to 90 major population centers.

None of our elections are perfect, but all are fair.

"Fair"? FAIR ??? (slaps forehead)

You need an education. Seriously.

Look - start here. Put on your security hat, you're a security professional now, your job is to keep something safe.

First thing is, QUANTIFY "fair". Quantify it. How much "unfair" are you willing to accept? 1 percent? .01 percent? How important is the "fairness"?

Because in real life, that's a business decision. Fairness costs you money. Think of it like the "six sigma" from the quality control world. Every extra sigma costs you money.

Furthermore, to ASSESS how many sigmas you have and how many you're capable of, you need an assessment (testing) infrastructure, or, you have to bring in consultants for one-offs.

From a security standpoint, one offs are no good. You have to reveal too much. You end up with lots of people running around knowing a whole lot about your business. And, from the standpoint of a "mission critical" security effort, your infrastructure requires an end to end audit trail that traces backward from a result to its root causes. Only this way can you tally sigma's.

The bottom line is, you have to decide how important voting is. My view is, that in a Democratic republic, voting is mission critical. It's right up there with keeping someone alive in a hospital or when you're sending them to the moon.

Therefore, to be credible, you have to AT LEAST be up to date with modern security practices, and modern security standards.

And US elections are not. We fail so miserably, that on a scale of 1 to 4, we're a 0.

You can ask around, in the world of security professionals. Compare US election security with that of any major corporation, even a large medical provider. I worked with one, the second biggest one in the country, 4000 engineers in the field at any given time. They don't have no mail in ballots, if you gnome sain. Any bank employee today has little RSA keys that change every 30 seconds, you have that much of a window to read your key and log in. These are "modern security practices", examples of spending money to increase the number of sigma's, because it's THAT important.

I still don’t understand why Democrats adamantly pushed Mail-In ballots in 2020 when Absentee ballots accomplish the same thing and addresses everyone of the justifications and concerns listed by Democrats.

The MAJOR difference between Mail-In and Absentee Voting is that with Mail-In voting, the ballot is proactively mailed out to the voter based on a registration list whether the voter requests it or not. Couple that with Democrats fighting efflorts by Republicans to clean up /purge registration lists of inactive voters for 6 plus years.

With Absentee Voting, the voter still uses the mail BUT it is the voter that requests the ballot and is kore likely to be current on the registration list.

I still don’t understand why Democrats adamantly pushed Mail-In ballots in 2020 when Absentee ballots accomplish the same thing and addresses everyone of the justifications and concerns listed by Democrats.

The MAJOR difference between Mail-In and Absentee Voting is that with Mail-In voting, the ballot is proactively mailed out to the voter based on a registration list whether the voter requests it or not. Couple that with Democrats fighting efflorts by Republicans to clean up /purge registration lists of inactive voters for 6 plus years.

With Absentee Voting, the voter still uses the mail BUT it is the voter that requests the ballot and is kore likely to be current on the registration list.
Same thing, same ballots

Mail in voting was safe and convenient. Voters LOVED it and there was a historic turnout in 2020.

Only thing we need is to allow an early counting of mail in ballots as they are received with results sealed until the polls close.

Require voters to register EVERY four years, come hell or high water.

Make it easy for them. They will receive a postcard with a number on it, and they will return that number with one of their own (a PIN), either electronically or by mail. Give them a prepaid postcard, total cost is free. And if they can mail a ballot they can mail a postcard, I don't want to hear any whining about hardship.

Require voters to register EVERY four years, come hell or high water.

Make it easy for them. They will receive a postcard with a number on it, and they will return that number with one of their own (a PIN), either electronically or by mail. Give them a prepaid postcard, total cost is free. And if they can mail a ballot they can mail a postcard, I don't want to hear any whining about hardship.
I have lived in my present home for 35 years
Why should I have to continually register to vote?

I agree to sending postcards to voters who have not voted in more than five years. If they fail to respond, send another postcard. If they still don’t respond, send a certified letter advising them they are being dropped from the voter rolls.

Voter rolls should not be purged later than six months before the election

Same thing, same ballots

Mail in voting was safe and convenient. Voters LOVED it and there was a historic turnout in 2020.

Only thing we need is to allow an early counting of mail in ballots as they are received with results sealed until the polls close.
How can Mail-In be safe if the premise is for ballots to be mailed out proactively to voters who don’t request a ballot based on a registration list that Democrats refuse to have voters purged even after years of activity?

How and why is that safe?

How can Mail-In be safe if the premise is for ballots to be mailed out proactively to voters who don’t request a ballot based on a registration list that Democrats refuse to have voters purged even after years of activity?

How and why is that safe?
Many states have gone to 100 percent mail in ballots. Voters love it……it is safe and convenient.
2020 showed how popular it was.

How is it safe?
A ballot is mailed to a registered voter. That ballot has a bar code traceable only to that voter. You fill in a ballot, place it in a sealed envelope with bar code and your signature. That envelope is placed in another envelope that just has the mailing address.

When the ballot is received, it is opened and your barcode is scanned and registered that you voted. Your signature is verified against the one on record.
On Election Day, your ballot is opened, scanned and counted

Many states have gone to 100 percent mail in ballots. Voters love it……it is safe and convenient.
2020 showed how popular it was.

How is it safe?
A ballot is mailed to a registered voter. That ballot has a bar code traceable only to that voter. You fill in a ballot, place it in a sealed envelope with bar code and your signature. That envelope is placed in another envelope that just has the mailing address.

When the ballot is received, it is opened and your barcode is scanned and registered that you voted. Your signature is verified against the one on record.
On Election Day, your ballot is opened, scanned and counted
Never in that cycle has the voter requested the ballot. Absentee Voting has everything you laid out except it is the voter who requests the ballot which provides a check and validation.

Ha ha.. the calls to ban Dominion voting machines… the recently exonerated and now very wealthy company thanks to Fox.

Ha ha… the same folks dumb enough to pile on each other during a pandemic to see Trump are dumb enough to think that reflects voting intent.

Ha ha… they don’t trust, votes, voting machines, mail counting, republican poll watchers, republican secretary of states, republican voting commissions, republican led audits, republican judges.. maybe they should not vote for republicans??????

Last edited:

Guess what?
Counties don‘t vote , people do.

Biden won LA County with 10 million people.
Trump won Buttfuk County Tx with 10,000 people.
Counting counties is irrelevant to winning elections.

Demographics change over time. A state that was once solid red can change to blue. Look at Arizona and Georgia.
Florida and Ohio used to be swing states, now they are Red

Never in that cycle has the voter requested the ballot. Absentee Voting has everything you laid out except it is the voter who requests the ballot which provides a check and validation.

So?
What difference does it make other than more people end up voting.

I have lived in my present home for 35 years
Why should I have to continually register to vote?

I agree to sending postcards to voters who have not voted in more than five years. If they fail to respond, send another postcard. If they still don’t respond, send a certified letter advising them they are being dropped from the voter rolls.

Voter rolls should not be purged later than six months before the election
You are vengeance. And people from different sides support it. Trust no one unless they prove otherwise.

Forum List

Back