Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL
They were both thrown out of the garden....if you trust the literal translation of what men wrote about what they think God did. There are many parables and other allegorical stories in the Bible.

Regards
DL

Unless he's still alive, Adam received the same result as Eve. The punishment for sin is death.

Regards
DL
They were both thrown out of the garden....if you trust the literal translation of what men wrote about what they think God did. There are many parables and other allegorical stories in the Bible.

True but one was master and the other a slave. Why is that si when the master screwed up more than the slave?

Why was woman punished more when the man is the one who disobeyed?

Regards
DL

[

Unless he's still alive, Adam received the same result as Eve. The punishment for sin is death.

So being a slave, is being the same as a master to you is it?

Eve had to kowtow to Adam who should have been kowtowing to Eve.

He disobeyed and she did not.

Now why do you think God punished the more innocent one harsher than the more guilty one?

Regards
DL

Yet Lilith was not deceived in "the Garden". Lilith never ate the fruit. Lilith left Eden through her own free will because Adam would not respect her as an equal... particularly during sex. So she screamed out the forbidden name of God and acquired the power to escape from Eden and eventually became a Demon Goddess.

Eve was pathetic in comparison.

Last edited:
Yet Lilith was not deceived in "the Garden". Lilith never ate the fruit. Lilith left Eden through her own free will because Adam would not respect her as an equal... particularly during sex. So she screamed out the forbidden name of God and acquired the power to escape from Eden and eventually became a Demon Goddess.

Eve was pathetic in comparison.

You do know that Christians do not recognize Lilith. When they usurped the Jewish story to kill the Jewish love of freedom, thy wrote Lilith out of the story. They could not have uppity women with an icon to follow.

Even the Jews turned against that freedom loving Jewish female.

Although, with the Jewish and Gnostic Christian habit of reversing scriptures, just to see how they work that way, may have been a part of what the ancients were doing.

We may never know from this far up the time line.

Regards
DL

Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.

Savior!

Why did the fool condemn us just to turn around and die for us get rid of that condemnation?

That was a rather stupid move right?

Can you see yourself doing that? Not likely so why do you think your God would be that stupid?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Women were made to be ruled over by men. By making Eve FROM Adam, she's already subordinate to him, a aprt of him, not a whole 'self' like Lilith was. Lilith rebelled according to folklore being Adam's equal. Can't have two alphas afterall, someone must rule, and another be ruled. Thus when God took another swing at it He made woman from man so a hierarchy would exist from the get go.

Adam was punished along with Eve. Man was made to work in the fields to survive, woman to care for the home and suffer the pain of childbirth. And they were both expelled from the garden.

A later work, the gospel of Adam and Eve claims they were eventually redeemed, but the text dates to like the 1400s or something so not exactly authentic. Seems to be a Catholic work, worth a read though.

The Forgotten Books of Eden The First Book of Adam and Eve The First Book of Adam and Eve

True but one was master and the other a slave. Why is that si when the master screwed up more than the slave?

Regards
DL

One was not master, one was not slave. They were a loving couple. Eve committed the sin. Adam sinned to be with Eve. He was not tempted. He did it because he loved Eve.
Eve lost her home. Adam lost dominion over everything. Which is greater?
God covered them both immediately because He loved them both. They weren't eventually redeemed, God forgave them while they were sinning, just like He does us.

Regards

Savior!

Why did the fool condemn us just to turn around and die for us get rid of that condemnation?

Can you see yourself doing that? Not likely so why do you think your God would be that stupid?

Regards
DL

Man's stupid. You are stupid. God knew just what He was doing. Do you condemn your child if they do something wrong? Neither did God. Sin condemned us, God redeemed us. A loving move.
You condemn God. A stupid move. He forgives you. A loving move.

Regards

Regards
DL

Women were made to be ruled over by men. By making Eve FROM Adam, she's already subordinate to him, a aprt of him, not a whole 'self' like Lilith was. Lilith rebelled according to folklore being Adam's equal. Can't have two alphas afterall, someone must rule, and another be ruled. Thus when God took another swing at it He made woman from man so a hierarchy would exist from the get go.

Adam was punished along with Eve. Man was made to work in the fields to survive, woman to care for the home and suffer the pain of childbirth. And they were both expelled from the garden.

A later work, the gospel of Adam and Eve claims they were eventually redeemed, but the text dates to like the 1400s or something so not exactly authentic. Seems to be a Catholic work, worth a read though.

The Forgotten Books of Eden The First Book of Adam and Eve The First Book of Adam and Eve

Thanks for this.

You are aware, I hope, that Christianity does not recognize Lilith and should also know that Jews do not see a fall in Eden but man's elevation. Right?

2. Orthodox Judaism The Garden of Eden

Christianity screwed up that good Jewish myth and it's good moral lesson when they reversed the moral of the story.

All to discriminate against women and deny them equality.

They are still at it.

Regards
DL

Savior!

Regards
DL

Man's stupid. You are stupid. God knew just what He was doing. Do you condemn your child if they do something wrong? Neither did God. Sin condemned us, God redeemed us. A loving move.
You condemn God. A stupid move. He forgives you. A loving move.

Regards

You are stupid to believe that a sin can condemn a man.

And so is thinking your immoral satanic genocidal son murdering God can forgive anything.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Being the lesser of the two did not make Eve a slave. Where do you get that from? Adam was severely punished. The ground had yielded unto him up until then but God said he would live thereafter by the sweat of his brow and the ground would yield thorns and thistles.

Eve transgressed because of lust, pride, and envy. Adam's transgression was because he knew or thought that God would destroy Eve and leave him alone once again.

You sound like a feminist to me. Since when has a woman been below a man in reality? Most men I know bend over backwards to make their wife happy. Get real.

Any man that thinks a woman should be his slave is an idiot. Any man that strikes a woman in anger should have his balls removed. So sayeth asaratis!

Anyone who thinks women are subservient to their husbands has obviously never been married to a woman.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Being the lesser of the two did not make Eve a slave. Where do you get that from? Adam was severely punished. The ground had yielded unto him up until then but God said he would live thereafter by the sweat of his brow and the ground would yield thorns and thistles.

Eve transgressed because of lust, pride, and envy. Adam's transgression was because he knew or thought that God would destroy Eve and leave him alone once again.

You sound like a feminist to me. Since when has a woman been below a man in reality? Most men I know bend over backwards to make their wife happy. Get real.

You have added quite a lot to the story and distorted it completely.
Your own bible tells you not to do so. Get back to the script as given, without your adding so much to it and we can chat.

This is all from your own imagination and is thus not relevant to our discussion. "Eve transgressed because of lust, pride, and envy. Adam's transgression was because he knew or thought that God would destroy Eve and leave him alone once again."

As to equality, only a fool would think we have it in the West when women still only make about 70% of what men make for the same work.

You seem to judge all marriages by your own. Not a good idea.

Regards
DL

God didn't punish Adam the same as Eve because god was still hoping that adam would choose gay heaven over a woman.

God didn't punish Adam the same as Eve because god was still hoping that adam would choose gay heaven over a woman.

You might be right as God seems to have created Eve as an afterthought.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back