Why Voter ID Laws are Needed

Purging dead people from the rolls, on the other hand, would be 100% accurate at preventing dead votes and cause no one to be disenfranchised.

I think this all boils down to a collective vs individual mentality. The Lefties want the feds to require voter rolls to be purged of the recently deceased, even though similar state laws already exist and are obviously ineffective. The Cons want to put the onus on the individual to obtain an ID.

I'm with the Conservatives on this one.

StupidFuckingRepComputer said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eflatminor again

:(

Taken Care of.
icon14.gif

Purging dead people from the rolls, on the other hand, would be 100% accurate at preventing dead votes and cause no one to be disenfranchised.

I think this all boils down to a collective vs individual mentality. The Lefties want the feds to require voter rolls to be purged of the recently deceased, even though similar state laws already exist and are obviously ineffective. The Cons want to put the onus on the individual to obtain an ID.

And the Prime BORG

Barack-Obama-of-Borg--68909.jpg

I have a new avatar now! TY!!!!!!!!!!!

And the Prime BORG

Barack-Obama-of-Borg--68909.jpg

I have a new avatar now! TY!!!!!!!!!!!

You bet. Glad I could oblige...(without knowing it) :lol:

Are they absentees? If so - not amazed. Just means old people too old and decrepit to get to the polling place voted by absentee - and big surprise, they died before the election.

Yeah, right. 900 people mailed in their absentee ballot and then all died with the couple of weeks between when they mailed it in and election day. You're a fucking idiot. Shut your fucking mouth and stop wasting our air supply.

Are they absentees? If so - not amazed. Just means old people too old and decrepit to get to the polling place voted by absentee - and big surprise, they died before the election.

Yeah, right. 900 people mailed in their absentee ballot and then all died with the couple of weeks between when they mailed it in and election day. You're a fucking idiot. Shut your fucking mouth and stop wasting our air supply.

The population of South Carolina is 4.5 million. If the average person lives to age 80, about 56,000 South Carolinians will pass every year - or about 4700 per month. Considering those on the edge of death are more likely to mail in their ballots, I find it completely plausible that most of those ballots may have been legal when cast.

If an absentee voter has died prior to election day, its obviously the state's responsibility to weed out those ballots. Most states do a horrible job. This is actually a big problem. It also creates an inequity for the well known - if you're a well known person and you pass and everyone knows it, the poll worker who gets your ballot will know to throw it out. If you aren't, they your vote will go through. Louisiana fixed this problem by simply declaring all absentee ballots that were legally cast at the time they were made to be legal, even if the person dies before the election.

And here is yet more evidence.

Solution is simple - have a means to toss out the ballots of dead people. Or, do like Louisiana, and make a vote cast absentee by a living person who dies before election day a legal vote!

it is more cost effective to PREVENT votes from dead people, which ID laws do.

And I suppose ID laws keep people from drinking, underage, too. While you ponder that also consider that the average doorman at a door is far better at spotting fakes than a poll worker.

Forum List

Back