Why the term African American?

Why should whites be singled out as a race to "do the right thing"? Nothing but a BS guilt trip.

You're kidding. You're one of the people who were offended? The 'right thing to do' is not be so flippin' PC about being white.

That was a light hearted joke.:eek: Why aren't Asians in an uproar over being 'mellow yellow'? 'They call me mellow yellow, quite rightly'.

Last edited:
You're kidding. You're one of the people who were offended?

Talk about not being able to take a light hearted joke.:eek:

Did you miss what I posted? I don't have to be offended to call something what it is. The statement is OBVIOUS for what it is, and I am calling it what it is.

It is a racist statment, period. It isn't okay just because it pity-parties racial minorities and backahndedly slams whites. You change that sentence around and place any other race group in the place of whites and you'd have those people screaming bloody murder.

Racism isn't okay against anyone. Not even whites.

You're kidding. You're one of the people who were offended?

That was a light hearted joke.:eek:

The right thing to do is not be so PC about being white.

Why aren't Asians in an uproar over being 'mellow yellow'?

I pray that black will quit crack.

Last edited:
You're whining, Gunny. It was a poem that used rhyming words. What word rhymes with white that you'd accept in that poem in your PC universe?

Fight, flight, light, height, sight, bite, blight etc etc etc. Choose one that whites wouldn't be offended by. Make up your own verse while you're at it.

Last edited:
You're whining, Gunny. It was a poem that used rhyming words. What word rhymes with white that you'd accept in that poem in your PC universe?

Fight, flight, light, height, sight, bite, blight etc etc etc. Choose one that whites wouldn't be offended by. Make up your own verse while you're at it.

Sure I am. Pointing out facts is whining. GMAFB.

Fact is, willful blindness due to immerserion in political correctness is unbecomming.

There's not one damned thing PC about me, and I call a spade a spade. That statement is what it is, nothing more, nothing less, and all the accusations of whining as a deflection from addressing what the sentence actually says isn't going to change it one bit.

Whining is complaining in plaintive tones. Whining is pride. It's thinking you're above being criticised.

Last edited:
You know what's funny? My Cuban friends call my black friends colored and I've never noticed anyone getting upset.

I'm beginning to think the problem is all within the mind of the right-leaning white male and female.

Whining is complaining in plaintive tones. Whining is pride. It's thinking you're above being criticised.

Nope. I'm above having my arguments deflected with a personal attack simply because my point cannot be argued.

The statement is racist. That's a fact. No laughing, whining, crying, snorting, nor any other emotion required to relay a statement of fact.

You know what's funny? My Cuban friends call my black friends colored and I've never noticed anyone getting upset.

I'm beginning to think the problem is all within the mind of the right-leaning white male and female.

Every problem that exists can be traced back to the right-leaning white male and female...... right dumb shit?

This country is what it is because of European ancestry with some minor help from those with African ancestry, very minor. It's becoming fucked up because of the wave of imbeciles with third world heritage, professional users of others(white people) that are more productive. These same assholes from third world nations, worthless shit nations, saw that they couldn't mooch off of places that had nothing so they came to America to use the Americans of European ancestry(white people) and the wealth that they built with their drive and brains. Asians are the only other people besides whites that have decent countries that produce anything anyone wants and they are smart enough to have better control of their borders. The only decent place in Africa was South Africa and it is now shit because black Africans(that loser Mandela) took over. Actually, the only decent places on this planet are controlled by whites or asians(Japan, South Korea, maybe China..... the rest are shit too)

You libs are just like the idiot Mexicans that want California and want to throw the white people out. Guess what, without the white people to keep things running, California becomes another useless pit just like Mexico. You libs take over and we will quickly see who actually had the drive and the brains and it isn't you dipshits.

I'm bored with all of you ungrateful jerks, let the uncivil war begin now......... guess who will be the dead fucks you bunch of pansy asses? Everything fucked up about this country can be traced to the cornucopia of useless users under the liberal umbrella, it's time to kick you worthless shitheads out. I've been stocking up on ammo knowing this day would come, let's do this.

The problem is in the mind of racial minorities and people like you who are racist against your race that villify someone every time they criticize another race.

The problem is when it can be Hispanic, Asian, African American, et al pride and it's being proud of one's heritage. But if it's white pride or Jewish pride, it's racism.

The problem is the double standard as exemplified here where racial minorities can be presented as victims striving for greatness while in the same sentence whites are portrayed as not doing the right thing and the victimizers.

The fact is, whites HAVE done the right thing. This was a white nation when slavery was abolished. It was a white, Texan Southern Democrat that did more for civil rights in this country than ANY other person in our government. It was a white majority that put the first half-African American President in office.

The fact is, whites NOW cannot go and undo the past, and that is the standard to which we are being held and it's bullshit. I won't be held accountable by you nor anyone else for things that happened WAY before I was born, that I had no control over, nor will I apologize nor agree to give reparations which is just another form of entitlement/handout/freebie for the same.

I could care less what skin color you or anyone else has. If you can't hump your load AND ammo for the crew-served weapon, go away.

I don't know who disgusts me more ... people who actually hate others for the color of their skin, or the people who keep this issue alive with bullshit double-standards and arguments and/or make a living off the hate. At least the former are being honest as far as their ability will allow them; whereas, the latter are either delusional, dishonest or both.

And if the best argument you can present is a deflection from addressing the actual facts by personally attacking th eperson stating what you don't want to hear, you DFINITELY belong in the latter group.

I wonder if it's important that the term African-American was selected by African-Americans themselves? That point has already been made in the thread, I'm sorry I don't remember who made it as I've just read through but made it was, perhaps by a couple of posters.

There are two ways that any group (don't hammer me for using the word 'group") in any society can be identified. The first is by being called something by others, usually the dominant group in society. When that happens you don't get a say in what you're called, how you're defined, you accept what you get. The dominant group has labelled you according to its wishes. The second way a group gets to be identified is to tell others how it wants its members to be described or referenced. See the difference? Yeah, I know, bleeding obvious.

what a surprise that you should think that.
really
:lol:

Forum List

Back